Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th June 2014, 20:45   #46
BHPian

Re: 2014 Nissan Sunny Facelift : A Close Look

Guys, any information if the Renault Scala would get a face lift any time soon? I am on the lookout for a diesel family sedan to replace my workhorse i20 and the Renault Scala fits the bill nicely. I like the Scala more than the Sunny simply for the looks and nothing else. So, any idea if the Scala is going to get a face lift?

Also, compared to the Honda City V (diesel), is the Scala RxZ/Sunny XV VFM? There is almost a 2 lac rupee difference between the Sunny and City (at least here in Chennai) and apart from the Cruise Control, I don't see anything more in terms of equipment in the City. XV to V, the Sunny seems to be better equipped. Any suggestions guys?
y2ksrs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2014, 09:51   #47
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2ksrs View Post

Also, compared to the Honda City V (diesel), is the Scala RxZ/Sunny XV VFM? There is almost a 2 lac rupee difference between the Sunny and City (at least here in Chennai) and apart from the Cruise Control, I don't see anything more in terms of equipment in the City. XV to V, the Sunny seems to be better equipped. Any suggestions guys?
I would definitely recommend you to opt for the Sunny/Scala with eyes closed if you are comfortable with the looks of the car. The facelifted sunny looks rather good now and no longer like a duck from some angles. From a "family workshorse" point of view, the Sunny remains as an excellent and IMHO the most VFM option out there in the market. Extremely Fun to drive engine in the city traffic due to the zero turbo lag, Acres of space in the front, back and the boot and very well loaded with features too. The only irritating part about the Sunny is the 6 months service interval. I am not sure about the Scala's service interval.
drmohitg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th June 2014, 16:00   #48
Senior - BHPian

Nissan to launch 2014 Sunny facelift on July 3

The facelifted Nissan Sunny is slated to launch on 3rd July, 2014.

Although the Sunny has been a practical, fuel efficient and spacious sedan, it never managed to set the ball rolling for Nissan in terms of sales numbers. This time around Nissan is expecting to boost sales of the Sunny by giving it a mid life makeover and has taken up marketing and distribution of the product in its own hands (after its separation with Hover Automotive India P Ltd).

There are no mechanical changes to the car and it still features a 1.5L petrol and diesel engine available with a 5 speed manual gearbox. The Petrol Sunny car shall be offered in 2 variants - XE and XL, the latter will be available with a CVT gearbox option as well, while the diesel Sunny gets a third variant - XV.

Link to news article

Last edited by S2!!! : 30th June 2014 at 16:01.
Old 30th June 2014, 17:23   #49
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Nissan to launch 2014 Sunny facelift on July 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2!!! View Post
The Petrol Sunny car shall be offered in 2 variants - XE and XL, the latter will be available with a CVT gearbox option as well, while the diesel Sunny gets a third variant - XV.

Link to news article
Does it mean Petrol Sunny doesn't come in XV variant?
Old 30th June 2014, 17:59   #50
Senior - BHPian

Re: Nissan to launch 2014 Sunny facelift on July 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Boss View Post
Does it mean Petrol Sunny doesn't come in XV variant?
Yes, the XV trim is expected along with the diesel engine only.
Old 3rd July 2014, 12:32   #51
BHPian

Here's the link to the launch webcast:

http://24framesdigital.com/nissan/we...4/webcast.aspx
Old 3rd July 2014, 12:55   #52
BHPian

Here are the prices:

Name:  Picture 2.png
Views: 3321
Size:  90.3 KB

Source:

https://twitter.com/TopGearMagIndia
neeld is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2014, 14:28   #53
Team-BHP Support

Nissan Motor India has launched the Sunny facelift at prices starting from Rs. 7,29,354 (ex-showroom, Mumbai).

Link to Team-BHP News Article
Aditya is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2014, 15:11   #54
Distinguished - BHPian

What was the price of the CVT pre-facelift?
Old 3rd July 2014, 19:38   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpacman View Post
IMO, one of the most ugliest cars around. I didn't like the boot right from the first gen. sunny, the front face was OK but now with so much chrome to the front face, things have not improved.
Actually I don't know why but all the good cars from Nissan, Toyota and Honda never make it to India. In terms of looks and specs, we get the ugly models and this really annoys me.

If you go to their global website, you will be shocked to see how amazing most of their cars look. The Nissan Sentra and Altima are two great examples. And I just cannot stand the Toyota Fortuner anynore, instead they should bring the RAV-4. My point is, where is the variety???

Last edited by mod_to_odd : 3rd July 2014 at 19:40.
Old 3rd July 2014, 20:24   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mod_to_odd View Post
where is the variety???
Though I agree that there is no variety, tell me where are the volumes for companies to have better margins owing to operational efficiencies?
It is the minimum demand-supply equation at work.
petrolveins is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2014, 23:16   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrolveins View Post
Though I agree that there is no variety, tell me where are the volumes for companies to have better margins owing to operational efficiencies?
It is the minimum demand-supply equation at work.
Demand and supply I get it. But why not introduce new models that are doing great in foreign countries?
Old 4th July 2014, 09:55   #58
RSR
Senior - BHPian

The facelift makes the Sunny look more mature and upmarket. It now looks like some of the larger Nissan sedans sold overseas. Although I'm not a fan of too much chrome, the bits on the Sunny have not been overdone. LED DRLs in place of the chrome strips in the fog lamp housing would have been so much better, though. The interior get a big thumbs-up, especially the inclusion of the much needed features like Bluetooth enabled music system, reverse parking camera etc.

The prices are more or less the same. Some diesel variants have their prices reduced (when compared to the equivalent pre-facelift variants), while those of the petrol ones have been increased. The base XE model (which is also available in diesel now) sees the largest increase in price, but thankfully, Nissan have included extra features that were not present before - front power windows with driver side auto-down, central locking with speed sensing door locks etc.

One must appreciate Nissan for providing driver airbag and ABS+EBD+BA even on the base variants. The top-end XV P (Safety) now gets front side airbags but no curtain airbags. Still, it is the only car in its class [apart from the Hundai Verna SX(O) with 6 airbags] to get anything more than 2 airbags and is surely a welcome thing.

The Sunny (and its twin, the Scala) definitely deserve to sell in much higher numbers than what they're doing at present.

Here is the updated feature list for the facelifted Sunny:

2014 Nissan Sunny Facelift : A Close Look-image.jpg

Last edited by RSR : 4th July 2014 at 10:04. Reason: Including list of features from the e-brochure
RSR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2014, 13:55   #59
BHPian

Nice Review.

The Nissan Sunny is a very practical car.

Having said that it is also possibly badly designed from the looks point of view. Also, Nissan is not going to make the numbers with this ugly car. Also I have not heard/read any good stories on the service front.
Old 14th July 2014, 09:41   #60
Distinguished - BHPian

Someone checked the new sunny brochure? You may get some surprising features like Chrome platting radiator grill, integrated air conditioning.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks