Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th July 2006, 21:24   #1

Innova Production is going to be stopped ?

Hi guys,

Im planning to buy a Toyota Innova G4. A local mechanic who i've known for quite long and specializes in servicing toyota vehicles and in close touch with the local toyota dealer said me today that Toyota is going to stop production of Innova in 6 months as toyota is to launch a new model that will replace Innova. I dont want to buy a vehicle that will not be in production shortly. Can Anyone tell me if there is any fact in this news....! I regularly read Overdrive & Autocar, but never came across such a news.

Someone pls Clarify !!!

Last edited by sharan35 : 18th July 2006 at 21:25.
Old 18th July 2006, 21:48   #2
Senior - BHPian

What? THats the first time I am hearing it too.. It is their bread and butter model, and hence, you might be misinformed buddy. Another model to complete their lineup in the 8-20L segment (Fortuner) will be launched shortly. Maybe the mechanic was referring to that.
Old 18th July 2006, 22:06   #3
BHPian

Toyota has done the same earlier. There was no apparent reason for discontinuing Qualis but Toyota discontinued it anyhow. Few people are still believing that Qualis will be relaunched!

But there is no reason for phasing out Innova so early! Innova is still trying to get its feet in Qualis's shoes and quite far from huge suceess. I personally don't think Innova will be discontinued so early.

Sharan, even if we assume Innova will be discontinued after 6 months, it won't affect your Innova in any way. Qualis still has great resale, spare availability is fantastic. If you like Innova, buy it man!
Old 18th July 2006, 22:33   #4
Senior - BHPian

First of all I am surprised that there is a local mechanic and that too in Madurai specializes in Toyota vehicles. Sorry, your source cannot be trusted and the news dosent make sense either.

Thread Closed.

Last edited by Mpower : 19th July 2006 at 05:50.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed