Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th December 2015, 11:33   #61
BHPian

Re: Rumour: Honda India to reintroduce the Accord in 2015. EDIT: Coming in 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venku2015 View Post
Is it the effect of the pollution awareness that all the petrol engines are suddenly coming into focus? Lol.

This one looks more futuristic in design and the proportions look similar to the earlier generation.

What about those headlights, are they matrix LED lights? Looks great IMHO.
Hybrid technology is the new buzzword I agree, the design is beautiful. And yes, those are LED based lights. The article I shared earlier contains the following info-
Quote:
The 2016 Accord sold in the U.S features new headlight and taillight clusters with LED tech, re-styled aluminium hood, optional 19-inch alloy wheels and redesigned front and rear bumpers. Inside, it gets a 7-inch touchscreen Display Audio with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto support, rain-sensing wipers, heated rear seats and 60:40 split folding rear seats
We can expect the same specs in India too.
KomS_CarLog is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2015, 12:15   #62
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Should sell well in Delhi NCR region thanks to the new found dislike for large Diesels and this being a petrol model would be one of the few large cars that can be registered.
Old 18th December 2015, 14:23   #63
BHPian

I'm a little surprised to notice that people here like the current gen Accord that was being sold in India. Personally to me it looked a big step down from the previous gen, just too many cuts and creases. This new one seems to be better going by the pics.

Honda (at least in India) has just lost its soul. Their attempt at fetching numbers has been very successful, but it has drastically reduced the halo around the brand. Like many others I too used to consider it in a different league as compared to the likes of Hyundai and Maruti, but that's no longer the case (especially wrt Hyundai).

Wish they can somehow cater to both the mass market and enthusiasts (even the snobs ) by having the right blend of products going forward.

Last edited by avisidhu : 18th December 2015 at 14:24.
avisidhu is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 18th December 2015, 17:03   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Interesting development. Frankly speaking I don't see the point with that 2.4L petrol engine. They need to bring the diesel or try something new with the Hybrid.

The petrol will usually sell in AT, and that gives 5-6kmpl in city!!

They should seriously concentrate more on the CR-V and get the diesel. The market is now all about cross overs and Honda may just pull another rabbit out of the hat with the cheapest diesel luxury crossover if they undercut the Santa Fe, Koleos.
This generation of Accord with the CVT offers great fuel efficiency. The combined figure in the US is 30mpg which translates to close to 13kpl. I feel that this will be close to the figure that you can achieve in India. For its size, this generation of Accords drives very well and can be very rewarding unlike the Camry or Superb.

13kpl for a peppy engine in a huge (for India) car should be good enough to deliver petrol B2-segment hatchback cost of operation. If they can price it reasonably like Accords of the past, then I think Honda have a winner on their hands.
Old 20th December 2015, 08:53   #65

Is it just me, or the New 2016 Honda Accord looks identical to the 2016 Honda Civic (launched recently in the Americas). This must be Honda's new design philosophy of garish chrome grills.

(MODS: I'm trying to upload a pic of the 2016 Honda Civic, not sure if it has been uploaded correctly - Also, please help me place the pic right below paragraph 1. Picture Credit: Google)

On another note, the Honda Accord is a gem of a car and mated with the CVT, it does return impressive fuel economy numbers as well. In the UAE, the Accord is a hit (generation after generation) and in-spite of a premium price tag over its Japanese rivals (the Toyota Camry, Nissan Altima), sells in huge numbers.

In India, if it needs to fly off the shelves, the price needs to be right.
Attached Thumbnails
Rumour: Honda India to reintroduce the Accord in 2015. EDIT: Coming in 2016-2016hondacivic101876x535.jpg  

Old 21st December 2015, 08:36   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asifgrkhan View Post
This generation of Accord with the CVT offers great fuel efficiency. The combined figure in the US is 30mpg which translates to close to 13kpl. I feel that this will be close to the figure that you can achieve in India. For its size, this generation of Accords drives very well and can be very rewarding unlike the Camry or Superb.

13kpl for a peppy engine in a huge (for India) car should be good enough to deliver petrol B2-segment hatchback cost of operation. If they can price it reasonably like Accords of the past, then I think Honda have a winner on their hands.
I wouldn't believe that figure of 13km/l for even 1 second ! I have owned 2 accords in the past and the fuel economy is terrible (6km/l). Also the present generation city (CVT) gives us 9.5km/l and there is no way on earth that the bigger 2.4L engine with CVT will offer 13.
nik_kapur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2015, 10:52   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik_kapur View Post
I wouldn't believe that figure of 13km/l for even 1 second ! I have owned 2 accords in the past and the fuel economy is terrible (6km/l). Also the present generation city (CVT) gives us 9.5km/l and there is no way on earth that the bigger 2.4L engine with CVT will offer 13.

+1 to that.

My professor whom I used to work with had a 2004 Accord. I used to drive it quite often sometimes as a driver for my professor 😁. Believe me, everything about that car was awesome except the mileage. In heavy Bengaluru B2B traffic, I've never managed to get above 6 kpl and on highways with even a lil bit of spirited driving, the mileage would drop to 10-11 kmpl. Never seen 13 kmpl ever.

US driving conditions differ vastly from what we have here, so it might be possible there, but in our traffic conditions never.

Regards,
Aniketh

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Team-BHP
Old 21st December 2015, 17:15   #68
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by KomS_CarLog View Post
The 9th generation Honda Accord will be seen in the Indian Auto Expo 2016, and will hit showrooms in 2016 too -

A hybrid version is expected too -

Attachment 1451299
Source
Not sure what's the news item in this but they showed the Accord Hybrid in the 2014 Auto expo as well!

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post3364968 (Honda @ Auto Expo 2014)

So basically it will be shown again at this auto expo with a possible launch.

Unless it goes the CKD route like the Toyota Camry Hybrid I'm not sure what price point Honda will be looking at.
Old 21st December 2015, 20:28   #69
Senior - BHPian

Honda isn't selling too many of this without a Diesel or a Hybrid.
The sole reason the Toyota Camry is doing fairly well is that people are attracted to the Hybrid version and Skodas are unreliable.

But true Honda fans will buy the Accord only.
Old 21st December 2015, 23:33   #70
BHPian

According to an article in the Dec 2015 issue of Autocar India, the Accord is going to be launched in India as a CBU.
The Accord is already in the middle of it's life cycle internationally, so CKD operations are not feasible. This will make the Accord more expensive than originally planned.

One can only hope that Honda doesn't get too greedy. They have to undercut the Camry and price it at par with the Superb, otherwise it's role in Honda's line up will be reduced to just a halo model.
Old 25th January 2016, 01:07   #71
BHPian

With the launch of ninth-generation Accord expected this year, Honda has imported two units of Accord for homologation.

Rumour: Honda India to reintroduce the Accord in 2015. EDIT: Coming in 2016-capture.png

Car is powered by the 2.0L four cylinder i-VTEC engine and is likely to be a hybrid.
Rumour: Honda India to reintroduce the Accord in 2015. EDIT: Coming in 2016-hondaaccord_2013_1280x960_wallpaper_02.jpg

So not the 2016 model?

Source: Zauba
Pictures: Netcarshow

Last edited by Senna4Ever : 25th January 2016 at 01:19. Reason: Sources
Old 25th January 2016, 10:47   #72
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senna4Ever View Post
With the launch of ninth-generation Accord expected this year, Honda has imported two units of Accord for homologation.

Car is powered by the 2.0L four cylinder i-VTEC engine and is likely to be a hybrid.
They're re-introducing the Accord at that price? Or is that price high just because it is coming for homologation?

And no diesel?

I hope the Accord at least stands a fair chance rather than being introduced in an unfavorable setup.
Old 25th January 2016, 23:14   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
They're re-introducing the Accord at that price? Or is that price high just because it is coming for homologation?

And no diesel?

I hope the Accord at least stands a fair chance rather than being introduced in an unfavorable setup.
New Accord Hybrid is expected to cost 38-40 lacs on road mumbai. Which in my opinion is insanely stupid but now Honda is going to load it up with lane change cameras and everything offered abroad but still the price is a lot !!
Old 25th January 2016, 23:23   #74
Senior - BHPian

No diesel and 35+ lakhs? Good luck Honda! And the car just doesn't have the wow factor! It looks quite ordinary and even the erstwhile Accord in India was very similar. The Passat and the Superb look way better. But you never know, there are some hardcore Honda fans and it might just end up selling in double digits every month till Honda decides to phase it out and then will say that India is not matured enough for this kind of an offering. And they will follow it up with another hideously priced car based on the Brio.
motorworks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2016, 09:52   #75
BHPian

New 2016 Facelifted Honda Accord revealed in Thailand
Rumour: Honda India to reintroduce the Accord in 2015. EDIT: Coming in 2016-hondaaccordfaceliftthailand13.jpg
Rumour: Honda India to reintroduce the Accord in 2015. EDIT: Coming in 2016-hondaaccordfaceliftthailand14.jpg
Rumour: Honda India to reintroduce the Accord in 2015. EDIT: Coming in 2016-hondaaccordfaceliftthailand11.jpg

In this new avatar the Accord receives subtle changes in both interiors and exteriors. The prominent one on the exterior being the Chrome slat on the front grill with big H logo reminiscent of Honda's new design language. Also included are front and rear Full- LED lights (including the head lights, fog lights and DRLs as well as the rear tail lights).
Rumour: Honda India to reintroduce the Accord in 2015. EDIT: Coming in 2016-hondaaccordfaceliftthailand02.jpg
Rumour: Honda India to reintroduce the Accord in 2015. EDIT: Coming in 2016-2016hondaaccordfacelift7850x508.jpg
Rumour: Honda India to reintroduce the Accord in 2015. EDIT: Coming in 2016-hondaaccordfaceliftthailand07.jpg
Rumour: Honda India to reintroduce the Accord in 2015. EDIT: Coming in 2016-2016hondaaccordfacelift3850x476.jpg

On the interiors, there is a new feature for engine and air con remote start via the newly designed key fob. There is a separate 7.7 inch MID as well as 7 inch ICE system which supports Car Play as well as mirror link and wifi hotspot support for smart phones.
Rumour: Honda India to reintroduce the Accord in 2015. EDIT: Coming in 2016-hondaaccordfaceliftthailand09.jpg
Rumour: Honda India to reintroduce the Accord in 2015. EDIT: Coming in 2016-hondaaccordfaceliftthailand03.jpg
Rumour: Honda India to reintroduce the Accord in 2015. EDIT: Coming in 2016-hondaaccordfaceliftthailand06.jpg
Rumour: Honda India to reintroduce the Accord in 2015. EDIT: Coming in 2016-hondaaccordfaceliftthailand10.jpg
Rumour: Honda India to reintroduce the Accord in 2015. EDIT: Coming in 2016-hondaaccordfaceliftthailand16.jpg
Rumour: Honda India to reintroduce the Accord in 2015. EDIT: Coming in 2016-hondaaccordfaceliftthailand17.jpg
Rumour: Honda India to reintroduce the Accord in 2015. EDIT: Coming in 2016-hondaaccordfaceliftthailand18.jpg
Rumour: Honda India to reintroduce the Accord in 2015. EDIT: Coming in 2016-hondaaccordfaceliftthailand19.jpg

At the heart, Accord remains unchanged with the same 2.0L SOHC petrol engine which can churn out 155bhp and 190 Nm torque and 2.4L DOHC petrol engine which can do 174bhp and 225 Nm. These mills will be paired to 5-speed TC tranny.
Rumour: Honda India to reintroduce the Accord in 2015. EDIT: Coming in 2016-hondaaccordfaceliftthailand01.jpg

Also facelifted Hybrid Accord is expected to be launched soon.

Prices range from 1.385M Baht (~INR 26.65L) for the base 2.0 E to 1.445M Baht (~INR 27.8L) for the 2.0 EL. While the 2.4 EL costs as much as 1.635M Baht (~INR 31.46L). When this is launched in India later this year, the prices are expected to be higher than these.

Source: http://paultan.org/2016/02/18/2016-h...d-in-thailand/
thatsdileep is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks