Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th January 2015, 14:13   #151
Senior - BHPian

re: SCOOP! 2016 Toyota Innova spotted testing in Bangalore. More pics on page 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudeepg View Post
Saw a undisguised picture of innova on my recent trip to Kerala. It looks like a walrus now. :(

OK, just found a video on Youtube which has the front face. Took a picture. It looked exactly like this:

Attachment 1334431
Trying to force fit a "Fortuner"-esque grille on the Innova would obviously result in something looking so ungainly and disproportionate.
The Innova's nose line is much lower compared to the bluff, almost upright nose of the Fortuner.
Old 30th January 2015, 14:56   #152
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Saw a undisguised picture of innova on my recent trip to Kerala. The cabbie we had hired (innova) it seems has a friend in Toyota who had sent him the pictures. He didn't share it but I was certainly not impressed to see the new front. The grill has only grown wider - from the head lamp to head lamp. You can actually make it out in the masked images posted on this thread. It looks like a walrus now. :( However, it seems the interiors are much better.

OK, just found a video on Youtube which has the front face. Took a picture. It looked exactly like this:

Attachment 1334431
Although the front end is likely to resemble the image you have provided ( given similarity to the spyshots ), but IMO, the image is edited and new Innova would have a larger grille. The image has a poor fit and finish or rather improper fitting of A-Pillar base with the front panel. And also a slight color difference which I think indicates that the image of spy shot has been edited.
Attached Thumbnails
SCOOP! 2016 Toyota Innova spotted testing in Bangalore. More pics on page 7-2015-innova.jpg  

Old 30th January 2015, 16:05   #153
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Saw a undisguised picture of innova on my recent trip to Kerala. The cabbie we had hired (innova) it seems has a friend in Toyota who had sent him the pictures. You can actually make it out in the masked images posted on this thread.

Sudeepg, this is the same picture I had taken and posted on page 1, but photoshopped.

The rendering done on Page 1 based on the pictures I had posted looks a more probable design than this.
Old 30th January 2015, 16:38   #154
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post

the image is edited and new Innova would have a larger grille. The image has a poor fit and finish or rather improper fitting of A-Pillar base with the front panel. And also a slight color difference which I think indicates that the image of spy shot has been edited.
Agree with all this, I just wanted to find a closely matching unmasked picture of the photo I saw during the trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
Sudeepg, this is the same picture I had taken and posted on page 1, but photoshopped.

The rendering done on Page 1 based on the pictures I had posted looks a more probable design than this.
Agreed. I don't mean to say this is how the 2015 innova will look like, just what it might look like.
Old 4th February 2015, 17:38   #155
Distinguished - BHPian

The guys at MotorOctane report, via an exclusive scoop, that the next-gen Innova will be coming with a 2.0L engine.

Quote:
Our sources have confirmed report that the next-generation of Toyota Innova will be lighter by about 70 to 80 kilograms. This will make the new MPV a lot lighter, and this will help to improve the performance and even the fuel efficiency of the Toyota Innova, which hasn’t be an advantage for the current-generation of the Toyota Innova.

With the reduction of weight, Toyota will also be downsizing its engine. Currently, the Japanese auto giant is selling the Innova with a 2.5-litre diesel engine that produces 101bhp, this will be downsized with a 2.0-litre diesel engine that will produce 120bhp of power and about 310Nm of peak torque. This engine will come mated to a five-speed manual transmission.
SOURCE - Motor Octane
RavenAvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2015, 19:35   #156
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
The guys at MotorOctane report, via an exclusive scoop, that the next-gen Innova will be coming with a 2.0L engine.

SOURCE - Motor Octane
Only the 1AD-FTV engine that's used in the European Toyotas fit this description of 2l, 120bhp and 310nm torque.

I have always felt that these engines should have been launched in the Indian Corolla and Camry, as they are essentially the same as the Auris and Avensis sold in Europe.

This engine would do wonderful in the Corolla and the 2.2l version would do good in the Camry,
but i can't find any reason for using these in the IMV platform, when the current 2.5D4D with VNT bumping the power to 140bhp will do the work just fine in the next gen Innova.

The only reason maybe for volumes as sharing engines across Corolla, Innova, Fortuner would give Toyota great volumes.
DicKy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2015, 20:25   #157
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DicKy View Post
This engine would do wonderful in the Corolla and the 2.2l version would do good in the Camry,
Absolutely right. Corrolla with a 120+ bhp 2.0 liter dieseil will give a good fight to cruze and octavia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DicKy View Post
The only reason maybe for volumes as sharing engines across Corolla, Innova, Fortuner would give Toyota great volumes.
From what I read else where the primary reason is to share the engine with the corolla and bring down the price of the engine.
4x4addict is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2015, 12:45   #158
BHPian

Another ugly iteration of 2015 Innova was shown at Mumbai international motor show, Hope the next gen Innova would be palatable. http://www.zigwheels.com/news-featur...ms-2015/20995/
Visran is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th February 2015, 11:31   #159
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visran View Post
Another ugly iteration of 2015 Innova was shown at Mumbai international motor show, Hope the next gen Innova would be palatable. http://www.zigwheels.com/news-featur...ms-2015/20995/

Quoted from link: " ... while the 3.0-litre diesel mill 4x4 and 4x3 manual and automatic options. "

What does 4x3 even mean?

And yes, the Innova is consistently getting uglier with each iteration. Ugghhh!
Old 7th February 2015, 12:24   #160
Distinguished - BHPian

Time the automags introduce an award like the "Golden Raspberry Awards" for the worst design! Might get these biggies to think before churning out such atrocity.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 7th February 2015 at 12:25.
swiftnfurious is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th February 2015, 15:12   #161
Senior - BHPian

Each successive iteration of the Innova has just meant worse products for consumers. First they began tampering with sheet metal, replaced thinner sheet metal and left the hood intact. And after they did max with sheet metal they started tampering with the hood and made it ugly as hell. And now in the next iteration which they will call 'All New Innova', they will remove a lot of stuff, weight as low as it can and then replace the engine with a relatively harmless 2.0 l 4 cyl engine which will feel like popadum over the roads, but will still attract customers because of the reliability of the legacy models.

Tata Aria is better than this crap anyday.
lurker is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th February 2015, 20:04   #162
AWD
BHPian

Does the "new" Innova have ABS standard in all variants ? Lower variants specifically. The vehicle needed ABS desperately in lower variants.
Old 10th February 2015, 20:32   #163
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWD View Post
Does the "new" Innova have ABS standard in all variants ? Lower variants specifically. The vehicle needed ABS desperately in lower variants.
No it's not available on all models. It is available only from GX onwards. Because they have stopped "E" version it means only one mode "G" doesn't have it.

Have a look at specifications table.
Attached Thumbnails
SCOOP! 2016 Toyota Innova spotted testing in Bangalore. More pics on page 7-ashampoo_snap_2015.02.10_20h27m46s_001_.png  

mroptimist is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th February 2015, 19:25   #164
AWD
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mroptimist View Post
No it's not available on all models. It is available only from GX onwards. Because they have stopped "E" version it means only one mode "G" doesn't have it.
Thanks, ABS is a make or break feature for me. I was under the impression that they must have added essential safety kit during the update. But Toyota remains Toyota & their affinity with cost cutting remains too!
AWD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2015, 17:04   #165
Senior - BHPian

More details on the next-gen Innova. Innova Cross coming too.

The new Innova is likely to be based on a new chassis which is expected to be 80-90 kgs lighter than the current IMV platform (shared with the Fortuner and Hilux).

Powering the next-gen MPV is a new 2.0 or 2.2 liter diesel motor that is expected to be superior to the current 2.5 liter diesel in almost every aspect.

It goes without saying, that Toyota is likely to position the newer car a notch above than the outgoing car, making it more luxurious and even more expensive.

Link to news article

Last edited by S2!!! : 24th February 2015 at 17:06.
S2!!! is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks