Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th February 2015, 08:41   #166
BHPian

re: SCOOP! 2016 Toyota Innova spotted testing in Bangalore. More pics on page 7

If they can reduce the racket that the engine makes most of the time, they have a real winner.
Old 25th February 2015, 10:06   #167
BHPian

What really happens in meetings of car manufacturers?

Manager: I want more profits!!!
Clever Guy1: Sir, I have an idea. Let's make a new car put the same engine, remove some features and market it as a NEW designed car.
Clever Guy2: Hey, I have a better idea let's base this new car on the older car that way we can recycle the parts and save more.
Manager: wonderful idea guys!

Meanwhile in our lax govt.
Minister in cabinet: we haven't done anything in a while, any ideas guys?
Minister 1 in cabinet: I am bored let's do something useful
Finance Minister: I know, lets increase the taxes!!
All in cabinet nods and agrees.

Guy in Bangalore. Another price hike of the same old car!!. The road tax will go berserk on the OTR. Jesus I'm better off with a bike
Guy in a car in Bangalore. God there are a lot of bikers, god they drive rashly! :Headbang:

And the cycle goes on.

Last edited by D'Artagnan : 25th February 2015 at 10:09.
D'Artagnan is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th February 2015, 11:55   #168
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWD View Post
Thanks, ABS is a make or break feature for me.
Air bags are cheaper to source and implement, so manufacturers put Air Bags but not ABS. You may never benefit from the Air Bag your entire life, but ABS works almost daily to reduce chances of accidents. If I had to pick one over the other, I would go for ABS any day !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2!!! View Post
making it more luxurious and even more expensive.
Good, by making an already over-priced product even more pricier, they are giving Renault a shot at success with the Lodgy.
Old 25th February 2015, 12:29   #169
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
Good, by making an already over-priced product even more pricier, they are giving Renault a shot at success with the Lodgy.
Absolutely , I won't be surprised if the next-gen Innova crosses the Rs. 20 lakh price cap in some of the cities.

To combat with the likes of the Lodgy and Mobilio, they are rumoured to introduce a low-frills, Innova Cross variant too, so I doubt Toyota might leave any room for any other manufacturer to have a slice of its market share.
Old 25th February 2015, 12:43   #170
Senior - BHPian

India is still not an important market for Toyota. One of the many reasons is their present partners (Kirloskar Brothers). Since they do not want to increase production facilities in India, a nice idea is to keep on refreshing the present product line and milk customers for the changes that they make in their cars.
There are no plans to induct any new segment / cars by them instead only the present bloc will get refreshed which includes recent addition of Fortuner 4x4, upcoming Innova and may be a refreshed Etios. Corolla is selling well after recent changes and thus it is unlikely that Toyota will increase its reach in mass market products, their India operations head has already admitted non-interest in low cost product line.
May be we will continue to get the same product line, unless we hear that the partners are parting ways....and then there could be a surge in Toyota's product line in India.
Cheers!
Old 25th February 2015, 13:40   #171
AWD
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
Air bags are cheaper to source and implement, so manufacturers put Air Bags but not ABS. You may never benefit from the Air Bag your entire life, but ABS works almost daily to reduce chances of accidents. If I had to pick one over the other, I would go for ABS any day
Precisely, though Im not aware of the cost involved in implementing either ABS or Airbags, but I take your work for that. I would ideally not choose one above the other, for me they more often work in tandem, ABS does its job to avoid a mis-adventure, while Airbags work in an event of a mis-adventure!

Actually I would lay the blame on Indian Govt. more than on the manufacturer in depriving the indian consumers of these basic safety kit. I mean it doesn't take more than a small change in books to implement mandatory safety kit on every passenger vehicle sold.

Coming to Innova, a vehicle of this class & weight desperately needs an ABS. Ive myself encountered brakes locking on Innova on slightest push of the pedal. This sends the vehicle into a predictable yet unsavoury skid. Which is very dangerous in crowded traffic situations. Ive done my bit & written many a times to Toyota to provide ABS in all variants of Innova but they don't bother to listen.

I would have purchased the Innova G variant if it came with ABS, so Toyota looses one customer atleast. Though they won't bother a wee bit about it, hope Indian consumers wake up to the safety aspect & start pushing Companies into providing basic safety kit as standard.
Old 26th February 2015, 14:52   #172
Senior - BHPian

Apparently, this is the leaked version of the all new Innova. Thanks to the styling, it has further bolstered my decision to stick to the sleek Lodgy.

Source: http://indianautosblog.com/2015/02/2...-leaked-169661
Attached Thumbnails
SCOOP! 2016 Toyota Innova spotted testing in Bangalore. More pics on page 7-2016toyotainnovaleaked.jpg  

swiftdiesel is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 26th February 2015, 16:28   #173
BHPian

SCOOP! 2016 Toyota Innova spotted testing in Bangalore. More pics on page 7-750x423citroengrandc4picassodesignlignesfluides.6635.73.jpg

See any similarities?
Old 26th February 2015, 16:29   #174
BHPian

Wow! They found a way to make it look even worse than before.
The sheer bulk of this car is now become very apparent.
Old 26th February 2015, 16:36   #175
Senior - BHPian

Oh Dear Lord! Have Toyota been sourcing their designs from China of late?
Old 26th February 2015, 17:44   #176
BHPian

Looks much better than the current generation. I guess there's not much else one can do to mask the mass of an MPV.
nishsingh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2015, 18:10   #177
BHPian

This is an absolute shocker! This much of R&D done just to ruin a good car? The next generation is , atleast according to my taste bad in terms of styling in every aspect.
Old 26th February 2015, 18:28   #178
BHPian

Not gonna jump to conclusions till I see the end product. But at least I hope because of the quality of that picture it looks bulky. However leave aside the styling I am actually looking forward to the 2nd generation innova given that its gonna get a bump up in power,space and luxury! Not to forget the diesel mated to a 5-speed auto.

Last edited by Shanksta : 26th February 2015 at 18:32.
Old 26th February 2015, 18:39   #179
BHPian

Doesn't look bad at all.

If it can get a autobox and 2.5 D4D engine with the variable turbo from the current TRD Fortuner, Toyota can have my money!
acidkill is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2015, 19:27   #180
BHPian

Looks better than the current gen, looks spacious too. Got to see this in flesh.

Having said that, Toyota has a nice Rs. 10L space between the current Innova and the Fortuner to fit this one in. I'm pretty sure this will sit on the higher side of that band.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks