Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th October 2015, 14:23   #256
BHPian

Re: SCOOP! 2016 Toyota Innova spotted testing in Bangalore. More pics on page 7

This is looking good! If TATA screws up with Hexa, then I am ready for my third Innova

Even though I am not a fan of Innova (underpowered and noisy engine, quite basic interiors, not so comfortable seats.... ) there isn't really anything which is quite comparable in the market

However, looks like Toyota has addressed quite a few grouses and what's given in the brochure is looking good. Of course, once can conclude only after a thorough TD.

I do hope Toyota gets most of the bits from the Indonesian model in to India. No, we don't need a "Rich Chrome Package" in lieu of 7 airbags.

Mod Note: Post Edited. Smiley usage is restricted to two per post on Team-BHP. Please do NOT use more than 2 smileys in a post.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 29th October 2015 at 14:44.
octane_100 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2015, 14:24   #257
BHPian

Almost certain that the base model will be 20 Lakhs INR plus. But still will sell.
Old 29th October 2015, 15:37   #258
Senior - BHPian

If prices for the new Innova do indeed go up by the 20-25% as speculated here, then those who already own a 3-5 year old Innova will be laughing all the way to the bank when they choose to sell. This car already commands a fantastic resale value, which will simply firm up even more after launch of new Innova.
KiloAlpha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2015, 15:41   #259
BHPian

Since Toyota has a reputation of over pricing cars I believe that top end diesel automatic would easily cross 25 lakhs. Hexa looks more competitive. And the real deal is to be looked when the new endevour is launched . If endevour is priced as expected then i see no point of Innova, as the new Endy is a proper 4x4 with style, power, comfort and road presence.
Old 29th October 2015, 15:58   #260
Senior - BHPian

I am sure new model top end will cost 20 L + OTR. Current model only goes above 18 L. At least they have made changes, finally. New one is looking much better than existing Innova for sure. Interiors also look new & better.

Maruti has great opportunity in this segment. Just launch bigger Ertiga with Fiat sourced 1.6 engine and price it below 15 Lacs, we will get new winner for sure. If Fiat can manufacture 1.6 Lit engine locally, price will come down even more.
Old 29th October 2015, 17:03   #261
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post
I am sure new model top end will cost 20 L + OTR.
Current version itself is close to 21 lakhs OTR Bangalore. To me, it just dosen't look or feel worth that much money

Last edited by anish5225 : 29th October 2015 at 17:07.
anish5225 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2015, 18:44   #262
BHPian

I was a big critic of this car for the atrocious pricing and relatively less features.

It is a shame that in last 10 years, there is no direct competitor to Innova.

I almost bought an XUV last week until I test drove this and got an opportunity to get driven around as well. I know it is not a good comparison but I wanted to know what all I can get if I am in market with a budget of 17 Lacs.

This car is one of the most comfortable cars I have seen in this decade. Ride quality is simply F-L-A-T and one will hardly experience any fatigue after long hauls. Sticks to road like a sedan.

Also, the 4400Kms run XUV was rattling from many places but the Innova felt tight and fresh even after 30K on ODO.

If you compare the overall quality and reliability, Innova simply feels more accomplished and fundamentally brilliant.
sudeep.pandya is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 31st October 2015, 00:18   #263
BHPian

Price revision of 10% or even 20% seems very unlikely to me,

1. As the Indian rupee has appreciated over 10 or 15% against all major ASEAN currencies. The earlier phase of depreciation against those currencies was the primary reason the Innova got expensive in India. Now infact, the innova should get cheaper. But i suspect, they will relaunch this new model at the current price and take advantage of the improved margins.
2. The guys at Toyota will not want to keep a 100% price gap between the minivans like Ertiga etc and the MPV class like Innova. Private buyer numbers will be important for Toyota. This is because the exisitng Innova will probably continue to be produced for the indian taxi market.
3. A predominantly private market Innova cannot afford to be so costly, that its used market stops holding value.

Hence my bet is - All new model, same price. Trim levels will be GX, V and Z Only. Or maybe Q nomeclature will also be used.
G and E Trim will be the old innova and only for the taxi and govt market.

Last edited by acidkill : 31st October 2015 at 00:20.
acidkill is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st October 2015, 07:07   #264
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by acidkill View Post
Price revision of 10% or even 20% seems very unlikely to me,

Hence my bet is - All new model, same price. Trim levels will be GX, V and Z Only. Or maybe Q nomeclature will also be used.
G and E Trim will be the old innova and only for the taxi and govt market.

I'd love to be wrong but that is HUGELY optimistic. I agree they may continue a base version with rear aircon of existing Innova for taxi market. Something like dezire tour of Maruti.

But the new product is a MASSIVE leap forward. It's bigger size, bigger engined and more luxurious. There is no reason to not hike prices by at least 10% if not a bit more.
Old 31st October 2015, 07:40   #265
BHPian

If one invests in an Innova today, in three years they can sell the car for the same price, I think the only car that appreciates over time. Forget the pricing, folks. This is an investment opportunity. You may even see ICICI / HDFC offering it in your mutual fund portfolio soon.

J/k. The price rise doesn't change a thing in the mind of the potential customer because of their reputation of excellent service and build quality. Both, or either, of which is missing in almost every other brand.

Good for them. They can teach a lesson to others on how a quality brand can rake in so much cash they don't have to do ANYTHING at all at this point. For all its worth, they could've just stacked another level of chrome on the existing model and it would continue to fly off the shelves. glad they decided to take pity on us and bring a newer version.
Mad Max is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st October 2015, 09:57   #266
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrsteer View Post
This will be a great product to own. I hope the prices stay sensible. But the warranty is really poor. Who will own an Innova in India and run it for just 50k kms in 4 years? I hope TKM looks at this aspect as well.
I think in India they will offer the standard 3 years/1L km warranty. Infact isn't that the standard across all models sold by TKM in India?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolf9 View Post
Thanks to the lack of competition, Toyota bullet proof reliability, and myth about Innova being extremely comfortable, Toyota can get away with anything.
Care to elaborate about the "myth about Innova being most comfortable" statement? Or is it just the frustrating price point that is bringing the criticism, sensible or otherwise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by an_and View Post
With a 20% increase - I dread to think what the auto box will cost. Maybe 25 L plus. If Tata launches the hexa and prices it sensibly (read atleast 5 L lesser) then Innova will find sales difficult. I am already seeing a lot of arias on road and the coo nets about their reliability and handling will only help the TATAs.
Time and again I see these two common phenomenon on the forum. Fiat bashing whenever a new product is launched by them. And tagging every other MUV/SUV launch as the "Innova killer". It was done at the time of Duster/Ecosport/XUV/Safari/Scorpio/Lodgy ( hope I am not missing any other names here). And somehow this boring, uninspiring to drive truck/van keeps selling month after month. The most amusing thing here is to expect a Tata product to dent sales of the Innova. The similarity between the two brands is only limited to the letter "T" and no more. Tata has a long long way to go before even coming close to challenging Toyota. And it has got nothing to do with the capability of their product. The Zest is a great car. It was even the forum's COTY last year. Yet look where it stands today. Same goes for any and every other Tata product.

On a lighter note, are you sure you are seeing different Arias on the road and not the same one from your building/office block every day?

Last edited by drmohitg : 31st October 2015 at 09:58.
drmohitg is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 31st October 2015, 14:24   #267
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post

The most amusing thing here is to expect a Tata product to dent sales of the Innova. The similarity between the two brands is only limited to the letter "T" and no more. Tata has a long long way to go before even coming close to challenging Toyota. And it has got nothing to do with the capability of their product. The Zest is a great car. It was even the forum's COTY last year. Yet look where it stands today. Same goes for any and every other Tata product.
Couldn't agree with you more.

Toyota has decades long reputation for quality, longetivity, ruggedness and value for money .

Its pure fanboyism to expect the Hexa to compete and succeed against the new Toyota Innova.

Tata Motors has taken a turn for the better only recently. It will be a uphill task to remove the shackles of their reputation for poor ownership experience. Further, there are now so many competing products at so many near price points, so its a really tall order to them to develop a product that can be Top 10 on sales charts.

Clearly, Despite being competent products, Bolt and Zest aren't exactly setting the charts on fire.

Last edited by acidkill : 31st October 2015 at 14:26.
Old 1st November 2015, 21:34   #268
BHPian

SCOOP! 2016 Toyota Innova spotted testing in Bangalore. More pics on page 7-imageuploadedbyteambhp1446393775.126375.jpg

SCOOP! 2016 Toyota Innova spotted testing in Bangalore. More pics on page 7-imageuploadedbyteambhp1446393863.596330.jpg
Two more spy shot from Philippines.
Source:autonetz magazine FB page.
The rear looks sporty than the current versions.
dean5545 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2015, 07:55   #269
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Care to elaborate about the "myth about Innova being most comfortable" statement? Or is it just the frustrating price point that is bringing the criticism, sensible or otherwise?
Maybe I should have elaborated in my earlier post. I personally don't think Innova is 'the most' comfortable car under 20 lakhs. It certainly is not even better than few sedans under even 12 lakhs and that's what I was referring to as a myth.

Not fair to compare with sedans?? I agree but very often you get to hear that it's the most comfortable car in India under 20 lakhs which in my view is not true.

Even in the MUV segment, I don't deny that it's one of the comfortable MUV but not the most comfortable. Lodgy beats it hands down. Lodgy looses to Innova on certain other factors and that's a different thing altogether.

Also the current Innova suspension is not as good as the first and second gen when it comes to ride and comfort especially on a concrete road. This is strictly my opinion and I know few users who also feel the same.
LoneWolf9 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2015, 08:47   #270
BHPian

SCOOP! 2016 Toyota Innova spotted testing in Bangalore. More pics on page 7-imageuploadedbyteambhp1446434078.860709.jpg
I think we are nearing the launch. A advertisement in a Philippines news paper.
Source:autonetz magazine Facebook page.
dean5545 is offline   (5) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks