Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd November 2015, 16:53   #271
BHPian

Re: SCOOP! 2016 Toyota Innova spotted testing in Bangalore. More pics on page 7

Now the rear of the new Innova has been revealed, with a small pic of the 6 Speed A/T that Toyota calls : Sport Sequential Switchmatic..

Source : IAB & Autonetmagz.com
Attached Thumbnails
SCOOP! 2016 Toyota Innova spotted testing in Bangalore. More pics on page 7-2016toyotainnovarearanglerevealed.jpg  

SCOOP! 2016 Toyota Innova spotted testing in Bangalore. More pics on page 7-2016toyotainnovarearrevealed.jpg  

uday.ere is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2015, 18:45   #272
Distinguished - BHPian

Man what has happened to all the designers these days. The newer Japanese cars have all started looking so so confusing with it neither being sedate nor sporty. Its just some alien looking design. From the picture this rear looks really sad. Only good news is the 6 speed AT box which I hope they offer in India too.
drmohitg is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2015, 14:40   #273
BHPian

Chrome. And more chrome is the flavor of designers these days.
Front resembles Ford Ecosport. The rear looks so boring.
GetLife is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2015, 18:51   #274
BHPian

Does the rear end remind anyone else of the Honda Mobilio or is it just me?

Polarising looks or not, I'm sure the Innova will continue to be immensely popular mostly because of the complete lack of competition except for the Xylo (Mobilio, Lodgy, Ertiga etc. are a size smaller).
SS8939 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2015, 19:52   #275
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Man what has happened to all the designers these days. The newer Japanese cars have all started looking so so confusing with it neither being sedate nor sporty. Its just some alien looking design. From the picture this rear looks really sad.
+1 to that. At least in these pictures it does not look very appealing but that may change once we see the actual product in person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetLife View Post
Front resembles Ford Ecosport.
My thoughts exactly, that was the very first reaction that came to my mind as well that are they borrowing from Ecosport when it comes to front looks.

Or were they trying to go the Fortuner way but lost the plot midway and came up with something else. Have a feeling that this too would grow on us over a period of time though
Old 4th November 2015, 02:24   #276
BHPian

Front face is a straight lift from Toyota Highlander. Toyota is simply milking the Indian market with outdated products. They have so many good looking cars here in the US. None of them have made it to India. Unfortunate!

SCOOP! 2016 Toyota Innova spotted testing in Bangalore. More pics on page 7-1.jpg

Last edited by ampere : 4th November 2015 at 07:12. Reason: Back to back posts merged
MercFan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2015, 09:54   #277
Team-BHP Support

Toyota has released a teaser image of the new Innova in Indonesia.

SCOOP! 2016 Toyota Innova spotted testing in Bangalore. More pics on page 7-innova.jpg

Link to Team-BHP News Article
Aditya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2015, 11:50   #278
BHPian

2016 Toyota Innova brochure and full features revealed.

Was just browsing the interwebs when I came across this new set of images that show the brochure of the 2016 Toyota Innova, it shows the full list of features they launch with these cars in Asia.

Looks like the features list is long and amazing.
GD engine, an improved version of the previous engine features 147bhp of power, 340nm of torque and is mated to a 6 speed manual and also a 6 speed automatic transmission, it also features a slectable drive modes with ECO and POWER buttons.

Other features are :
Keyless entry and go,
Full auto up and down power windows,
LED projector headlamps,
Daytime running lights,
Interior ambient lighting on headliner,
16 inch alloy wheels,
Central touchscreen with voice command, HDMI input, web browsing, bluetooth, DLNA and more on V variant.
TFT LCD information screen in instrument cluster,
Tilt and telescopic steering wheel,
Glovebox with chiller function,
There is a G, V and a new Q variant.
The new engine according to toyota is more powerful, efficient and quieter.

The top model is priced at around 399 million IDR, that's about 19 lakhs INR, can't say how much it would differ in the Indian Market.

Overall I think the design is just beautiful, they sure have taken their sweet time and the result is here to see, as for the competition, I think they really need to get back to the drawing board, Toyota cars have always been about the reliability and not the features list, but from the looks of things, now features list + looks + reliability + power is part of the package!

Front page :
SCOOP! 2016 Toyota Innova spotted testing in Bangalore. More pics on page 7-front-page.jpg

There seems to be three versions they plan to launch, G, Q and V.

Following are pages from the brochure of each variant :

Innova G :
SCOOP! 2016 Toyota Innova spotted testing in Bangalore. More pics on page 7-innova-g.jpg

Innova Q :
SCOOP! 2016 Toyota Innova spotted testing in Bangalore. More pics on page 7-innova-q-2.jpg

Innova V :
SCOOP! 2016 Toyota Innova spotted testing in Bangalore. More pics on page 7-innova-v.jpg

Spec sheet
SCOOP! 2016 Toyota Innova spotted testing in Bangalore. More pics on page 7-specifications.jpg

Notice the ECO / PWR drive mode button :
SCOOP! 2016 Toyota Innova spotted testing in Bangalore. More pics on page 7-engine.jpg

Rear view :
SCOOP! 2016 Toyota Innova spotted testing in Bangalore. More pics on page 7-innova-q.jpg

Source: Autonetmagz

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 4th November 2015 at 12:14. Reason: Mentioning source. Thanks for sharing!
arun_m5 is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 4th November 2015, 16:17   #279
BHPian

Re: 2016 Toyota Innova brochure and full features revealed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_m5 View Post
Was just browsing the interwebs when I came across this new set of images that show the brochure of the 2016 Toyota Innova, it shows the full list of features they launch with these cars in Asia.

Looks like the features list is long and amazing.
GD engine, an improved version of the previous engine features 147bhp of power, 340nm of torque and is mated to a 6 speed manual and also a 6 speed automatic transmission, it also features a slectable drive modes with ECO and POWER buttons.
I think the source does not say 6 speed manual, it says 5 speed manual.
Old 4th November 2015, 17:03   #280
Team-BHP Support

While some reports say it'll launch early next year others say it'll be end 2016 or even 2017. Does anyone have any well informed gyan on the expected India launch date?

Thanks
Old 4th November 2015, 17:32   #281
BHPian

Oh what's with Toyota and 5- speed gearbox sigh !! In such a vehicle,six speed gearbox can do wonders with a tall final gear, be it FE or comfortable,silent cruising. I cringe for absence of a sixth cog even in my puny vento ( compared to Toyota ).
My next vehicle won't be without sixth gear.
But apart from that, this car is an excellent contemporary and advanced product by Toyota standards.
The other gripe is brakes. Is adding a rear disc setup so extravagant or expensive in a 20 lakh vehicle !!
printh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th November 2015, 20:00   #282
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: 2016 Toyota Innova brochure and full features revealed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_m5 View Post

The top model is priced at around 399 million IDR, that's about 19 lakhs INR, can't say how much it would differ in the Indian Market.
Thats pretty good news, cause the last time i checked out, the prices in Thailand, Malaysia and Indonesia(?) of the Innova was significantly more than the price in India. So if the new one's top end price is 19 lakhs, then it's not that much over the top pricing.

Though i guess the prediction of the automatic diesel touching 25 lakhs OTR would be true.

Another thing, AFAIK, the Innova gets the ordinary version of the 2.4 GD engine.

The Hilux has both this exact engine as well as a 'High Power' version, which has more torque, but same power and a 6 speed manual.
DicKy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2015, 07:31   #283
Team-BHP Support

The rear of the new Innova seems to continue Toyota's family look, as seen on the Corolla hatch, as well as RAV4.

SCOOP! 2016 Toyota Innova spotted testing in Bangalore. More pics on page 7-toyota_corolla_rear.jpg

SCOOP! 2016 Toyota Innova spotted testing in Bangalore. More pics on page 7-images.jpg
Old 5th November 2015, 08:12   #284
Senior - BHPian

Something has got into the head of these Japanese designers. I won't complain about the front end, but the rear end made me immediately think of the (To be launched) Mirai and Prius.

The Mirai:
SCOOP! 2016 Toyota Innova spotted testing in Bangalore. More pics on page 7-2016toyotapriusback.jpg

The (2016) Prius:
SCOOP! 2016 Toyota Innova spotted testing in Bangalore. More pics on page 7-2016toyotapriusback.jpg

Hre's something else to consider:
See those big canines
SCOOP! 2016 Toyota Innova spotted testing in Bangalore. More pics on page 7-mgsilverteethcu.jpg

Image source: Google Images

Last edited by ampere : 5th November 2015 at 10:37.
landcruiser123 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th November 2015, 18:50   #285
Senior - BHPian

Almost booked Certa, but my dad and mom didn't feel it be a worthy upgrade from City. They wanted a bigger vehicle, so I suggested the new Innova.

I hope the mid variant, diesel manual will be around 15 to 16 lakhs ex showroom mark. Thats what we have budgeted for.

Any idea when will they release in India.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed