Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th July 2014, 23:41   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

re: SCOOP! 2016 Toyota Innova spotted testing in Bangalore. More pics on page 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Brilliant scoop! The front grille looks massive!

From the outlines on the camouflage, this is the tail light and head light I could trace:
Not to sound weird, but the outline u made and the overall bodylines eerily resembles the new Range Rover

BTW, new platform or present one, TKM should change the engine tuning for relaxed highway cruising, free up the engine and a couple of new transmissions.
Old 20th July 2014, 00:02   #17
BHPian

Amazing pictures tharian !

An all-new design after so many years of facelifting is a welcome step. It seems Toyota are finally stepping up their game, given the competition from the high-selling Ertiga and the promising looking Mobilio.
But as of now, we can only wait and watch.

Cheers!
Old 20th July 2014, 00:09   #18
Senior - BHPian

Excellent scoop Tharian

Afterall Toyota may be coming out with new look soon in 2015, the 10th year edition, probably launch around Apr 2015 like in Apr 2005 to commemorate 10th year? But primarily looks like Toyota wants to speedily correct the mistake in bringing out the hideous front looks.

The differences as I see are:
1. The front seems to be getting a little butch look and bonnet definitely seems raised up from the nose-diving one presently
2. some modifications to the rear tail-lamp cluster
3. shark fin antenna at rear if that is indeed so, as the driver side antenna seems to be missing or camouflaged somehow
4. rear quarter glass shape changed, for what? just to get a new look?

Otherwise, there does not seem any substantial difference to the overall platform (seems to be same platform, same wheelbase etc) and overall design of the car.

What they could have done better from external perspective is atleast reduce that front overhang and improve upon GC which is definitely not changed as I can perceive. However, I doubt without changing the platform and various other mechanicals and layouts they would be able to achieve these.

What remains to be seen is whether the heart underneath gets some really badly needed tune-ups, VGT, boost to power & torque, 6th gear etc. That will be crux of the matter. But it will be too optimistic to expect something like that from a highly conservative Toyota.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 20th July 2014 at 14:49. Reason: rear
parsh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2014, 00:19   #19
Senior - BHPian

Great scoop mate! This definitely looks like the new Innova from its overall profile. If it indeed is the Innova, Toyota has timed it perfectly. Innova has long been due for a refresh and this one surely looks quite promising. The way the front end has been carved improves the front stance by leaps and bounds, as I hated the large grille of the present gen model.
Old 20th July 2014, 01:00   #20
Senior - BHPian

This is a world first!

Very happy to see Toyota finally updating the Innova and proud to see that first spy pics come out of India!

Toyota is trying to make this look more SUV-ish from the front I guess and more MPV from the back, going by the longer rear overhang.

Side profile and doors look the same to me.

Very big scoop indeed. Lets find out soon what's under the hood?
fx45 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2014, 01:08   #21
BHPian

Exciting scoop indeed!!
Design of this car borrows heavily from the fortuner styling. the Front grill, fog lamps, big wrap around headlamp look very similar to the fortuner.
This is going to look more butch.
shazikon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2014, 02:12   #22
BHPian

Hopefully this time Toyota will also offer the Innova with an AT. That would make it perfect, according to me (along with a power increase, of course).
Old 20th July 2014, 05:06   #23
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Excellent scoop!!!

The Innova was getting long in its tooth.

Calling all TBhpians in Bangalore and those who will drive to Bangalore in the next couple of weeks. Please keep your eyes and cameras ready to spot this new innova.

If you guys are able to get a picture of the interiors, it would be wonderful. I just want to see if Toyota has added a 6th cog to its boring gear box.
Old 20th July 2014, 07:03   #24
Senior - BHPian

A wonderful scoop. Thank you and thank god they are changing that ugly grille (no offence).
The first 3 pics showed it parked behind an Innova - the last one shows it pulling out from behind an Ertiga. Maybe another curious motorist?

Last edited by wilful : 20th July 2014 at 07:06.
Old 20th July 2014, 12:10   #25
BHPian

The 2015 Innova looks good from the exterior. But as usual Toyota has skimmed us.
1. No rear disc brakes:From the pics shown we can clearly come to know that the rear wheels have drum brakes not disc.
2.Keyless entry: We can clearly see the key hole on the driver side door handle in one of the pics therefore no keyless entry. That also means no push button Start/Stop system.

My gut feeling says that it won't have more than 2 airbags and the top model will cost about 20lakhs.

Last edited by dean5545 : 20th July 2014 at 12:14.
dean5545 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2014, 12:17   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean5545 View Post
The 2015 Innova looks good from the exterior. But as usual Toyota has skimmed us.
1. No rear disc brakes:From the pics shown we can clearly come to know that the rear wheels have drum brakes not disc.
2.Keyless entry: We can clearly see the key hole in one of the pics therefore no keyless entry. That also means no push button Start/Stop system.

My gut feeling says that it won't have more than 2 airbags and the top model will cost about 20lakhs.
The toyota fortuner also does not have rear disc brakes so am not surprised considering their premium offering cannot be mechanically inferior to the MUV.
I personally find the push start stop a useless feature but they should not skimp on the airbag count.
But then again as Camry/Fortuner have only 2 airbags that's again not surprising.

They should increase the power output and not increase the price by much then the car would surely be a success. If price increases by more than a couple of lacs then it would lose its taxi market I believe. 14 L taxi's would be a luxury not a norm.
Old 20th July 2014, 12:18   #27
D4D
BHPian

Amazing scoop. The greatest MPV in India is getting a much needed refresh. The car looks similar till the C-Pillar, but seems longer after the C-Pillar.

Hope the 2KD-FTV with a VGT makes it.

Also interested to see if they introduce the AT.
Old 20th July 2014, 13:46   #28
Team-BHP Support

My wishlist for this Innova:

1. Improved NVH
2. 2KD-FTV with VNT (variable nozzle turbo) and 142BHP.
3. Taller 5th gear or best option is to add a 6th gear
4. For gods sake please remove the casio calculator MID and add a proper display in centre console!

Features wise the top end Innova already has ABS/airbags, climate control, reversing camera with parking sensors,
Vid6639 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 20th July 2014, 14:50   #29
BHPian

Amazing Scoop Tharian!!!!

I sincerely hope that a version of all black Interiors would be available. They should also tune the engine for a better top end speed to make it a bit exciting to drive on highways
Old 20th July 2014, 16:00   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sureshurs View Post
Amazing Scoop Tharian!!!!

I sincerely hope that a version of all black Interiors would be available. They should also tune the engine for a better top end speed to make it a bit exciting to drive on highways
I don't think all black interiors will be appreciated by the masses in the innova. They work will in sporty cars but in luxury cars they give an airy feeling which is what people appreciate. A dusk tone dash with frequently touched plastics in black is the best way out.
ToyotaFan is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks