Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st July 2014, 19:51   #46
BHPian

re: SCOOP! 2016 Toyota Innova spotted testing in Bangalore. More pics on page 7

Looking at the images,the 2015 Innova uses the same platform the changes are only new front fenders,hood,a new front facia,the rear C pillars and a new rear.
The alloys seem to be 16"
Hopefully Toyota offers a new interior,a 140 bhp 2.5 D4D engine,more creature comforts and more safety features.
Toyota has to ensure that The Innova is worth the extra money when cars like the ertiga and mobilio offer almost the same features at a lower price

Looks like a new 2015 Fortuner is on the cards too waiting to see how this would look like

Thanks&Regards
KN
Old 21st July 2014, 21:08   #47
Senior - BHPian

Another test 2015 Innova was spotted testing in Thailand today,as reported by the site, Livelifedrive.com,

http://www.livelifedrive.com/malaysi...ed-in-thailand

Picture courtesy: Livelifedrive.com
Attached Thumbnails
SCOOP! 2016 Toyota Innova spotted testing in Bangalore. More pics on page 7-2016allnewtoyotafortunerinnova1.jpg  

SCOOP! 2016 Toyota Innova spotted testing in Bangalore. More pics on page 7-2016allnewtoyotafortunerinnova5.jpg  

SCOOP! 2016 Toyota Innova spotted testing in Bangalore. More pics on page 7-2016allnewtoyotafortunerinnova6.jpg  

tharian is online now   (8) Thanks
Old 21st July 2014, 21:41   #48
P76
BHPian

Nice Scoop, the new vehicle looks interesting, hope TKM is generous in providing equipment for the 2015 Innova. And the new Innova definitely needs an engine with 20-30 extra bhp than the current model, a six speed gearbox and possibly an automatic.
Old 21st July 2014, 22:00   #49
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
Another test 2015 Innova was spotted testing in Thailand today,as reported by the site, Livelifedrive.com,

http://www.livelifedrive.com/malaysi...ed-in-thailand

Picture courtesy: Livelifedrive.com
I just found the same link a few minutes back. Which basically means testing is pretty much underway for a early to mid 2015 launch.
Old 21st July 2014, 22:18   #50
BHPian

I saw an innova looking like camouflaged vehicle last night on mysore road. I really couldn't click a pic because I was the only one in my car and the camouflaged vehicle just sped away. As the toyota manufacturing facility is in bidadi off mysore road I guessed that it might be a new vehicle by toyota. Moreover the material that they used to camouflage this vehicle was the same as that I saw in another scoop on team bhp regarding a corolla based cross over.
Old 21st July 2014, 22:19   #51
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
I just found the same link a few minutes back. Which basically means testing is pretty much underway for a early to mid 2015 launch.
How much mechanical change is happening in the facelift/new generation for the long term testing. Any inside information on this? The vehicle for sure looks bigger and more boxier. The picture posted by aaggoswami for sure makes the innova look more fortunerish.

Assuming that Toyota would retain the same engine line up along with mechanicals, I feel this might be launched much earlier something like Nov/Dec or Jan time frame.
Old 21st July 2014, 22:39   #52
BHPian

Spotted a Similar looking vehicle in NEW BEL Road Bangalore. Was in doubt if it was a Innova or a ARIA. Couldn't take a pic as I was driving.
Old 22nd July 2014, 08:16   #53
BHPian

Oh man finally it has been spotted !! This vehicle looks way more macho than my '09 minivan type. Hope it gets the exact facia as predicted. Also think that the rear taillamps are horizontal like the outlander and not downwards as predicted. I love my innova and feel its worth the money after 4.5 years of ownership, but hope they don't price this in the 20 region like the new corolla altis. Also hope they give it a engine with at least 140bhp and 280Nm of torque, a 6th cog and better music system. Also better sheet metal thickness and paint quality.
Old 22nd July 2014, 10:31   #54
BHPian

Forgive me but I am not getting this huge amount of excitement. For ages Toyota has been dishing out the same engine and basically the same vehicle. They continuously increase prices for so called "new generations" of Innova which are nothing but facelifts.
SUV-isation? Really? Have you seen the tyre size even on this spy shot?
Does the glass area look any different from the current model parked right next to it? Do the body panels look different?
I will not be surprised if this is another glorious facelift...
Old 22nd July 2014, 11:15   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrishD View Post
Forgive me but I am not getting this huge amount of excitement. For ages Toyota has been dishing out the same engine and basically the same vehicle. They continuously increase prices for so called "new generations" of Innova which are nothing but facelifts.
SUV-isation? Really? Have you seen the tyre size even on this spy shot?
Does the glass area look any different from the current model parked right next to it? Do the body panels look different?
I will not be surprised if this is another glorious facelift...
The problem with Innova is there isn't much scope for improvisation . The Innova doesn't have high levels of localisation.This has helped price rise apart from Govt regulations.
Toyota would never want Innova to look like SUV. It would end up cannibalizing Fortuner sales.
The Innova sells because of its practicality,reliability and simplicity. Looks would be the last reason for one to buy Innova.
PrideRed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2014, 11:19   #56
Team-BHP Support

The Innova is like the Toyota Crown taxi's in Singapore / Hong Kong/ Tokyo. Simple, tough, easy to maintain, not necessarily the latest in technology

This appeals to a large segment. The fact that nothing goes wrong and the car is never obsolete has a certain appeal
ajmat is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2014, 11:47   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
The Innova is like the Toyota Crown taxi's in Singapore / Hong Kong/ Tokyo. Simple, tough, easy to maintain, not necessarily the latest in technology
I remember, a friend of mine has taken a photo of the odometer of an Innova Taxi (from Singapore or something) which has clocked 3.35 Lakhs kms without even one instance of a need to open the engine!
Old 22nd July 2014, 14:13   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by man_of_steel View Post
I remember, a friend of mine has taken a photo of the odometer of an Innova Taxi (from Singapore or something) which has clocked 3.35 Lakhs kms without even one instance of a need to open the engine!
3.35 lakhs is nothing. I have seen Innova's doing 4Lakh(As updated by owner) in Indian roads and have seen a Qualis which had crossed 7 Lakh. This again was as per the update provided by the cabbie driver.

Also what surprises me is every time the Innova is taken for oil change, the replaced oil looks brand new unlike other cars where it turns pretty black. Not sure if this can be used infer that Engine is of better quality or something.
Old 22nd July 2014, 14:40   #59
BHPian

Good scoop.

I had read somewhere that the customer clinics have given Toyota clear feedback that (a) customers do NOT want an increase in external dimension since it would cause problems with 90%+ of apartment/ mall parking slots and yet (b) want more space freed up, especially in the 3rd row. The natural corollary to that would have been a more "cab forward" design. The challenge of course, is that the same IMV platform also spawns the Fortuner and Hilux, where they have to fit the 3.0 L engine, so they can't go too cab forward.

However, in these photos, it does not look any more cab forward at all AND looks like a a size larger, or is that my optical illusion. It also seems to carry forward the ladder frame chassis and not gone for a monocoque.

My wish-list:

- The Fortuner powerplant and transmission. This can reduce costs significantly across the line for Toyota and justify the premium and a 20 L price point.
- VSC
- Auto box

Finally kudos for the scoop. I suppose it takes a TBHP guy to instinctively know the correct camera angles for the best snaps, even with a phone camera :-)
Contrapunto is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2014, 17:17   #60
Senior - BHPian

And when we are all busy discussing about launch of 2015 Innova, next gen Fortuner also makes an appearance in Thailand.
I would not be surprised if both are launched together.
Both the test mules seem production ready.

Next Gen Fortuner spied: http://forum.autocarindia.com/index....r-takes-shape/
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks