Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th September 2014, 13:40   #121
Senior - BHPian

re: SCOOP! 2016 Toyota Innova spotted testing in Bangalore. More pics on page 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by reppy View Post
I think you can forget this after looking at the new corolla pricing...most likely it will your other theory - Innova Classic for the taxi/volume segment and all new innova priced higher up, thus scaling the price chart all the way from 9-10 lacs to 17-18 lacs.

I also read somewhere that the Innova will be launched in India first and then Indonesia - so there is a fair chance of the new Innova making it here in Q1/Q2 2015.
Highly unlikely. They would not offer the current innova at even 14 lacs. They would just retire the product and go more upmarket with a price tag close to 20 lacs on the new innova.

They would be able to make more profit by selling the Avanza at current Innova prices, if at all.

Last edited by scopriobharath : 16th September 2014 at 13:42.
Old 18th September 2014, 22:23   #122
BHPian

As a current owner and someone who has just bought one here is my wish list from the next generation Innova (Probably most this has been covered before):
  1. Automatic Transmission (I don't care if it 4 speed 5 speed or any other speed it should just be an autobox)
  2. 4 Airbags minimum but I am ready to compromise with 2. 6 would be ideal
  3. More power from this engine. Somewhere in the range of 140 bhp with 300nm of torque would be nice
  4. They should change the antenna from the ancient one currently to probably the printed one form the Fortuner or at least a sharkfin type found in more modern cars
  5. Better NVH however i can live with the current levels
  6. Safety options like ABS to be standard across the board
  7. Speakers for people in the last row

I am ready to pay ~20 lacs for the fully loaded 8 seater model if i get all this!

What will compel me to change immediately will be if an automatic is launched and I may just be the first one to run to the Toyota showroom with a cheque in my hand. I might just buy it even if a petrol automatic is launched!

Come on Toyota are you listening?!

Last edited by miharbe : 18th September 2014 at 22:25.
miharbe is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 19th September 2014, 07:55   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by miharbe View Post
[*]They should change the antenna from the ancient one currently to probably the printed one form the Fortuner or at least a sharkfin type found in more modern cars
Well they have listened to you on this one at least! The shark find antenna can be clearly seen on the test cars.
reppy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th November 2014, 22:24   #124
Senior - BHPian

2015 innova full HD video

Shot the 2015 Toyota Innova on Mysore Road on Saturday Morning.

We got to have a look at the interiors when car was stationary to fill fuel. It seems it has a big touchscreen module in the center!
SunnyBoi is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 10th November 2014, 10:29   #125
Distinguished - BHPian

The car was driven by an individual with no one else to accompany. So me and SunnyBoi approached him while he was filling up the diesel at a BP bunk on Mysore road next to McD. I could glance inside and saw a good touchscreen infotainment unit that is slightly raised up on the dash. Like in Mercs you see a rectangular display that is raised in height for few cms and clearly catches eye. There were steering mounted controls for Audio as well. Couldn't see on the other side. Before we could take more pics, he realised and immediately sped away
abirnale is online now   (11) Thanks
Old 10th November 2014, 11:30   #126
Team-BHP Support

Can't wait for this to be launched. Thanks for the update Abirnale and Sunnyboi.
Old 10th November 2014, 14:03   #127
Senior - BHPian

The current Innova will still be sold as Innova at a reduced price with reduced features and the "New" MUV would be carrying a new name.

Toyota has decided not to kill the current Innova as its the cash cow for the company and it gives them a chance to sell the NEW MUV at a higher price and hence justify the increase in the price by placing it in the price range between Innova and the Fortuner.

India is a very strange market where the outgoing models are sold along side the incoming models, so Toyota has decided to follow the trend and go along with the flow.

Any guesses as to what the NEW MUV would be called?
Parm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2014, 15:27   #128
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parm View Post
The current Innova will still be sold as Innova at a reduced price with reduced features and the "New" MUV would be carrying a new name.

Haha ... Qualis?? Just kidding ... hard to charge a premium with that brand name.

In case you know (can't help myself from asking), any guesstimates / info on plans for engine upgrade / AT iterations. I'm just ready to plonk my money on a D/AT Innova the minute they launch. A little more BHP never hurts either of course but D/AT is what I'm dying to see.
Axe77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2014, 15:34   #129
BHPian

Quote:

Toyota has decided not to kill the current Innova as its the cash cow for the company and it gives them a chance to sell the NEW MUV at a higher price and hence justify the increase in the price by placing it in the price range between Innova and the Fortuner.

India is a very strange market where the outgoing models are sold along side the incoming models, so Toyota has decided to follow the trend and go along with the flow.

Care to mention the source? How authentic you think is the source.

I am asking because Toyota never sold two generations of the same car alongside each other anywhere in the world (as far as I know).

Thanks.
mroptimist is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th November 2014, 17:48   #130
BHPian

somehow i dont think that this is INNOVA.. I feel it is Hyundai product. Just try to stop video posted by SunnyBoi at 0.07 minutes... I think a steel logo reflection (or whatever) looks like Hyundai...
Old 10th November 2014, 18:01   #131
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by enthu View Post
somehow i dont think that this is INNOVA.. I feel it is Hyundai product. Just try to stop video posted by SunnyBoi at 0.07 minutes... I think a steel logo reflection (or whatever) looks like Hyundai...
Isn't the Toyota logo also steel logo with similar oval and inside 2 ovals vs the H in Hyundai.

This is Toyota Innova 100%. Confirmed by international press and testing with Fortuner 2016 model.

Moreover car has Ka registration and is spotted next to the Toyota Plant.

This one is without a doubt Innova.
Vid6639 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th November 2014, 19:49   #132
D4D
BHPian

Quote:

Toyota has decided not to kill the current Innova as its the cash cow for the company
I don't think so. Innova has been selling too long with no mechanical upgrades.
And it is sitting firmly in the 15-20 lakh bracket. I think the new one will be slightly expensive, but will replace the old one.

BTW, each toyota MUV has high demand and is replaced by one with which is even better.

On a different note, hope this gen Innova comes with an AT. The Innova in Philippines had it, they never sold in India.
Old 10th November 2014, 21:09   #133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyBoi View Post

Can you please answer some questions ?
1. Was it an automatic ?
2.Did you see rear disc brakes ?(can't make out from the video)
3.Any badging ?
Pls answer these questions so that those waiting for the Innova come to know some thing which will help them take a decision.
Old 10th November 2014, 22:47   #134
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean5545 View Post
Can you please answer some questions ?
1. Was it an automatic ?
2.Did you see rear disc brakes ?(can't make out from the video)
3.Any badging ?
Pls answer these questions so that those waiting for the Innova come to know some thing which will help them take a decision.

I'm quite sure it wouldn't have been an automatic, although we're all in the "hopefulls" bucket.
Old 11th November 2014, 15:01   #135
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnale View Post
I could glance inside and saw a good touchscreen infotainment unit that is slightly raised up on the dash. Like in Mercs you see a rectangular display that is raised in height for few cms and clearly catches eye. There were steering mounted controls for Audio as well. Couldn't see on the other side. Before we could take more pics, he realised and immediately sped away
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyBoi View Post
We got to have a look at the interiors when car was stationary to fill fuel. It seems it has a big touchscreen module in the center!
How different is this touch screen unit from the curent gen ZX trim / Fortuner. Is it more upmarket looking ? Does the screen fold away or is it an always open design ?

Quote:
I think they would name it Milky . Given the fact Toyota has milked us all the way with the Innova pricing strategy.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks