Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th December 2014, 15:33   #31
BANNED

Re: Re-registering a 2011 TN registered Figo in KA

Quote:
Originally Posted by satan's_valet View Post
Thanks Anurag. Can a broadband/landline bill be accepted for Address proof?
It should be IMO, BSNL bill will be preferred IIRC.

Don't you have Passport/Adhar card?

Anurag.
Old 24th December 2014, 15:50   #32
BHPian

Re: Re-registering a 2011 TN registered Figo in KA

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
It should be IMO, BSNL bill will be preferred IIRC.

Don't you have Passport/Adhar card?

Anurag.
Not with Bangalore local address. Guess, I will have to check with RTO once.
Old 17th January 2015, 00:59   #33
Senior - BHPian

Re: Guidelines: Car Ownership Transfer in Bangalore

Very informative thread. One question however I have is what if the pre-owned car is under a loan? The previous owner has to clear the amount to get hypothecation removed? What if he wants the money to cancel the loan?
Old 17th January 2015, 12:28   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertinu View Post
Very informative thread. One question however I have is what if the pre-owned car is under a loan? The previous owner has to clear the amount to get hypothecation removed?
Unless the previous owner clears the loan and gets the NoC from the financier, the car's ownership cannot be transferred by the RTO . So he has to clear the outstanding loan amount first and get the NoC first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertinu View Post
What if he wants the money to cancel the loan?
This is the same situation we faced when we were going to sell our Swift. It had an outstanding loan amount of around 1.5 lacs at the time of sale. The person whom we were going to sell the car was known to us and he readily agreed to pay 1.5 lacs first to us to clear the loan. This amount we took after signing on a stamp paper agreement that this money was been given to us to clear the outstanding car loan amount and as advance towards the car sale.

We offered to give him the original RC as "deposit", but he declined since he knew us well. We paid off the outstanding loan amount , got the NoC from the bank for hypothecation removal( one each for the RTO and Insurance Co). He paid the balance amount next day and the car was sold to him.
skanchan95 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2015, 17:29   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajathv8 View Post
[*]Photocopy of address proof (Electoral Photo ID Card) – 1 No
Does this have to be one with a Karnataka address? All my address proofs have my home town's address
Old 17th April 2015, 13:40   #36
BHPian

I need some help on transfer of ownership of a old car (20years old.) HM contessa to my name within Karnataka.
Old owner has given me the following
- 29-30 signed forms
- CC endorsement in my name for RTO change
- Life tax paid document
- Renewal of registration and green tax challan
- valid Insurance
- PUC certificate
- Original RC

What additional document i Need and is there a different procedure at RTO than what is mentioned earlier for an old car. To get FC i have to produce the car to RTO is what I understood from old owner.

-UB
Old 12th May 2015, 13:31   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fash_1 View Post
Does this have to be one with a Karnataka address? All my address proofs have my home town's address
I have this same question. Does it have to be a Bangalore address? All my address proofs are of my Kochi address.

I have only the rental agreement with the Bangalore address.
Old 12th May 2015, 14:24   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DudeWithaFiat View Post
I have this same question. Does it have to be a Bangalore address? All my address proofs are of my Kochi address.

I have only the rental agreement with the Bangalore address.
Yes, they need a KA address proof. I provided my KA HP Gas connection copy along with other TN address proofs, and they called me a week later asking to submit additional address proof. Got a HR letter and it was good enough, although it took 7 weeks for the updated RC to reach me.

You can, maybe, submit a HR leter along with your rental agreement
Old 21st May 2015, 10:32   #39
BHPian

My friend wants to transfer the car ownership to his name from employer name as the car lease ended. The car is currently registered under Indranagar RTO and his residence comes under Jayanagar RTO. Does he need to get clearence certificate from Indranagar RTO and then goto Jayanagar for ownership change? My understanding was that even though his residential address fall under Jayanagar RTO, he can continue to be under Indranagar RTO after the introduction of Anywhere in Bangalore scheme in 2013. Any pointers appreciated.

Thanks
HCP

Last edited by HotChillyPepper : 21st May 2015 at 10:34.
Old 29th May 2015, 16:17   #40
BHPian

Hi All,

I need directions to the Electronic City RTO which is in bilekahalli, banerghatta road.

There seems to be a shortcut if I take left from singhansandra signal when coming from hosur side. Please let me know if any knows it.

Thanks
Adhiraj

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 13th June 2015 at 08:48. Reason: Removed font, color tags. Please proof-read your posts before submission. Thanks!
Old 31st May 2015, 11:06   #41
BHPian

Hi all,
If an agent has managed to spell my first name incorrectly in my RC, and i found it out when i received the RC from the dealer who sold me the car, and if the dealer is not ready to help redo the RC, what should i do?
Please note, that i do not have access to the transfer docs or the agent who did the transfer / error.
I am in Bangalore, and it's a KA-51 vehicle.
Old 13th June 2015, 07:57   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotChillyPepper View Post
My friend wants to transfer the car ownership to his name from employer name as the car lease ended. The car is currently registered under Indranagar RTO and his residence comes under Jayanagar RTO. Does he need to get clearence certificate from Indranagar RTO and then goto Jayanagar for ownership change? My understanding was that even though his residential address fall under Jayanagar RTO, he can continue to be under Indranagar RTO after the introduction of Anywhere in Bangalore scheme in 2013. Any pointers appreciated.

Thanks
HCP
I am in the same boat. Did you get any information on whether your friend had to approach Jayanagar RTO to transfer the registration to his name? OR was he able to transfer it to his name within Indranagar RTO?
Old 13th June 2015, 08:00   #43
Distinguished - BHPian

The car and the registration number will be transferred from the jurisdiction of Indranagar RTO to Jayanagar RTO.

@HotChillyPepper,
Your friend's company will provide all the required forms - including NOC to transfer between RTO's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adhiraj View Post
I need directions to the Electronic City RTO which is in bilekahalli, banerghatta road.
It can be little complicated due to the small roads & numerous turns. I suggest that you come on Bannerghatta Road, and take left at Arakere. Continue till you get a double-road. Turn right and then ask.

If you want to come in from Bommanahalli, then continue on Begur road. Turn right on Hulimavu-Begur road. And ask for directions.

Last edited by condor : 13th June 2015 at 08:04.
Old 13th June 2015, 08:25   #44
Senior - BHPian

Bilekahalli? The ka51 electronic city RTO is at Devarachikkanahalli, where you go for about a km under the Attibele flyover.

http://rto.kar.nic.in/Jurisdictioncss.html for which specific RTO your car comes under

Quote:
Originally Posted by adhiraj View Post
[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Tahoma]Hi All,

There seems to be a shortcut if I take left from singhansandra signal when coming from hosur side. Please let me know if any knows it.

Thanks
Adhiraj
[/FONT][/COLOR]
Old 13th June 2015, 10:35   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deep_bang View Post
I am in the same boat. Did you get any information on whether your friend had to approach Jayanagar RTO to transfer the registration to his name? OR was he able to transfer it to his name within Indranagar RTO?
He had to go to both RTOs to get it done. First get clearance certificate from Indranagar RTO and then Jayanagar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
The car and the registration number will be transferred from the jurisdiction of Indranagar RTO to Jayanagar RTO.

@HotChillyPepper,
Your friend's company will provide all the required forms - including NOC to transfer between RTO's.
Yes, he had all documents, but we were wondering whether it is needed when used within Bangalore jurisdiction.

Another peace of info for the folks who are transfering cars from Employer car lease program to the actual user (you should be still employed with the company to avail this): You can get the Insurance NCB transferred to your name. The insurance endorsement will only cost you around 150 RS if you do this. All you need is a NOC in company letter head with company seal stating the car has been transferred to the original user who is their employee and hence they have no objection in transferring the NCB to him. I have done this for my car which was insured by ICICIlombard without any fuzz. Refer GR27 in this doc for the details: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attac...es_extract.pdf

Thanks
HCP

Last edited by HotChillyPepper : 13th June 2015 at 10:37.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks