Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th July 2015, 19:22   #46
BHPian

Re: Guidelines: Car Ownership Transfer in Bangalore

Gurus, help me out here I am getting confused with NOC and CC.

I am planning to sell my 12Yr old bike registered with Tumkur RTO. Selling it in Bangalore, Electronic City RTO Judistriction.
I just realised that RC is hypothecated by Bajaj Auto Finance Ltd. I have contacted BFL for NOC.

Now, Once i get the NOC, whats the next step? I have all the the documents including B Extract from Tumkur RTO.
Old 28th July 2015, 15:09   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gp_fanatico View Post
Gurus, help me out here I am getting confused with NOC and CC.

I am planning to sell my 12Yr old bike registered with Tumkur RTO. Selling it in Bangalore, Electronic City RTO Judistriction.
I just realised that RC is hypothecated by Bajaj Auto Finance Ltd. I have contacted BFL for NOC.

Now, Once i get the NOC, whats the next step? I have all the the documents including B Extract from Tumkur RTO.
gp_fanatico,

To my knowledge you don't need a Clearance Certificate for two wheeler from the RTO. I read it in the Karnataka RTO website. What you'll need is CMV30 form (If vehicle is covered under Hypothecation/HPA/Lease form CMV 30 shall be produced in duplicate with the consent of financier.)

try below link

http://rto.kar.nic.in/TO-OTHREGNcss.html
Old 28th July 2015, 16:02   #48
BHPian

Recently we purchased a pre-owned car and after reading this thread I was greatly inspired to attempt transfer of ownership on my own. Being very busy with office the idea was to just give it a try and if it doesn't work thought I'd give to agents or maybe Gozoomo.

The one concern I had with hiring an agent was the obvious anxiety associated with handing over all valuable documents to some unknown person and what if things don't work out? How will I locate Effendi now that he has all the documents? Most of the agents just collect the document and handover to their contact at RTO. So he will not be able to provide the acknowledgment from RTO that I would get when I hand over the documents in person. Basically the documents get transferred through multiple hands and then reach the RTO.

So eventually I decide to try this out and went on a weekday hoping to slog it out and at least get an idea of the process, so that the agent wouldn't take me for a ride. 45 minutes later, I was pleasantly surprised to complete all formalities and have the acknowledgment in hand.

First, I had all forms ready as per the website with signature from the owner and this being a vehicle from the same RTO (Ecity) limits helped my case.

Handed over the forms to a verification officer, he asked for the originals and then told me to get a photocopy of the form attached and enclose it in a file. Just walked out of the RTO and there are many mobile xerox centers which help with this. They even have the self-addressed netted envelope with Rs17 postage stamp affixed.

Came back to RTO section and the officer asked me to pay the fees 305 (105 +200 for smart card). Paid the fees and with the receipt I was asked to visit another section for computer entry. Once it was done he asked me to go back to the reception area. The officer verified the file and entered in the register and issued an acknowledgment. All this in 45 mins flat and not a single paisa paid as bribe.

It was a great positive experience and I hope this helps someone to try out and get things done from RTO on their own. Thanks rajathv8 for this very informative thread also kudos to authorities for the well managed service in Ecity RTO.
Freon911 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2015, 10:58   #49
Senior - BHPian

Same RTO transfer of ownership is a breeze - I did that in the thiruvanmiyur (chennai tn07) rto a couple of years back without going through a broker. Out of state transfers are however painful so it is wisest to use an agent.
Old 2nd August 2015, 20:46   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotChillyPepper View Post
My understanding was that even though his residential address fall under Jayanagar RTO, he can continue to be under Indranagar RTO after the introduction of Anywhere in Bangalore scheme in 2013. Any pointers appreciated.
I had the same notion but later I learnt the hard way that "Anywhere Registration" scheme is applicable only while registering new cars. I have mentioned the same in my first post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freon911 View Post
Recently we purchased a pre-owned car and after reading this thread I was greatly inspired to attempt transfer of ownership on my own.
That's great! Purpose served!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freon911 View Post
Thanks rajathv8 for this very informative thread
You are welcome and thanks for sharing your experience

I hope others too get inspired by our success. With many tasty deals out there, making this work is a win for all - seller, buyer and RTO.

Last edited by rajathv8 : 2nd August 2015 at 20:53.
Old 19th September 2015, 19:09   #51
BHPian

Hi all,

Got my pre used car registered a few days ago using this thread as the source of information.

Got CC done from Kormangala RTO- took around an hour & a half at the RTO as the officials came as they pleased, but were co-operative and willing to communicate. The CC was delivered along with the RC 15 days later by speed post.

(Note: Did not have information under whose jurisdiction my residence falls under and had to call two RTO’s to figure out the same- useful to know this beforehand )

For the transfer had to visit Jnanbharathi RTO. Was unable to find it on google maps, and had to ask some agents near my house for its location ( It is around 2-3 kms from the Janabharathi Campus). Walked in to Room no 4 on the ground floor, met with the Superintendent directly and he after verification mentioned the fee on the documents. Had to go to room no 10 on the first floor for data entry and back to the cash counter on the ground floor for the payment. Once receipt for payment was received went back to the Superintendent in room 4, and after his verification again, the documents were submitted to an official in the same room and acknowledgement received. The whole process took less than an hour even with agents breaking the ‘Q’ regularly.

Was quoted Rs 3000- 3500 by agents to get this work done . In all I paid less than Rs. 400, of which Rs. 300 was for the transfer and Smart card, and rest on photocopies and the self-addressed envelope.
Old 27th October 2015, 14:55   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajathv8 View Post
I recently applied for "ownership transfer within state" of a used car I bought. Prior to approaching the RTO I read up about the process online and inquired with friends and family. However I had a few surprises in store. I hope to share my experience/mistakes for the benefit of bhpians.

This is what I did :

Step 1: Applied for Clearance Certificate(CC) from Jayanagar RTO

Step 2: If your pre-worshipped ride is under loan, unlike my case, this step will also include hypothecation cancellation.
[list].
Hi Rajathv8
I wanted to know
A) if the step 1 and step 2 be done in single day ? Or does it require one to do step 1 and then wait for the new RC card and then do Step 2.
B) If I don't have a RC card when i got my vehicle (way back in 2005) , would there be any thing extra i would need to do ?

Thank you!
Old 27th October 2015, 18:10   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDoctor View Post
Hi all,

Got my pre used car registered a few days ago using this thread as the source of information.
Great! Thanks for sharing details. This will make it even more easier for someone visiting Jnanbharathi RTO

Quote:
Originally Posted by yes-anonymous View Post
Hi Rajathv8
I wanted to know
A) if the step 1 and step 2 be done in single day ? Or does it require one to do step 1 and then wait for the new RC card and then do Step 2.
B) If I don't have a RC card when i got my vehicle (way back in 2005) , would there be any thing extra i would need to do ?

Thank you!
A. I think both can be done on the same day. Found a similar experience here.

B. You mean you have an RC book? I am not sure if there is anything extra required. I hope someone else can chime in here.
Old 27th October 2015, 21:32   #54
BHPian

@rajathv8, CC will take time and not given on the same day. If the vehicle is under hypothecation, CC will not be issued.

@yes-anonymous, the old RC book is equally valid as RC smartcard and accepted by RTOs without requiring any additional effort
VaahanYogi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2015, 19:17   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajathv8 View Post
Step 2: Applied for Ownership Transfer at Indiranagar RTO

If your ride is under loan the process may be slightly different.
  • Produced the following documents :
    • Form No. 29 in duplicate – 2 Nos
    • Form No. 30 – 1 No
    • RC Card Original
    • Photocopy of valid insurance – 1 No
    • Photocopy of emission certificate – 1 No
    • Photocopy of address proof (Electoral Photo ID Card) – 1 No
    • Photocopy of PAN card – 1 No
    • Original CC
    • One passport size photograph of transferee (Carried 4 extra just in case)
    • Self addressed clothed envelope with Rs.30 worth of stamps affixed on it for local speed post
  • Took all the documents to a superintendent and got them verified - Room 13 counter 9. He/She will request for additional sign/entries/documents if required and write the fee to be paid on one of the forms. I had to pay a total of Rs.405 :
    • Transfer of ownership - Rs.105
    • Smart Card - Rs.200
    • Late fee - Rs25/month. (Applicable if the application is not submitted within 14 days of purchase)
  • Gave my file to the Data Entry Operator and got the vehicle details and fee entered in the system - Room 13 counter 6
  • Paid the fee in the payment counter -Room 1. I was provided two challans. Attached both the challans with the documents after taking a photocopy for my reference. The room had a long queue extending outside the door. When I entered the room I noticed that most of the people were standing in the queue for the first counter while the other two had very short queues. This happens because most people join the back of the long queue that extends outside the door assuming that there is only one counter without going inside the room and checking - this saved me valuable time.
  • Submitted all the documents to the clerk -Room 13 counter 7. The clerk went through the documents and provided an acknowledgement. The RC book will be posted within 30 days time.
I reached the RTO at 10:30am on a Saturday and was done by 11:30am.
Hi

Planning to buy a pre owned motorcycle and this thread proved most helpful. Understand from the thread that clearance certificate is not needed for 2 wheelers. If that be the case then lets say, if the 2 wheeler is currently registered in RTO X and I come under jurisdiction of RTO Y, the ownership transfer can be done at either of the RTOs?

Also, if the above steps are what is needed, its implied that all the documents are collected from the seller and presenting them at the RTO, does the seller needs to accompany me for the process? If not then what documents does he need to sign before I start the process?

Finally, should I get a sale deed made out on stamp paper just to ensure that I have proof of purchase just in case the transfer process takes time?

thanks
Old 22nd January 2016, 13:43   #56
Senior - BHPian

Ownership transfer for out-of-state car

Hi all,

I recently picked up a MH-15 registered car and am planning to get it re-registered in my name. From KA RTO website, this is what I understood:

Documents to be procured
* Form no CMV 29 - 2 copies
* Form no. CMV 30 -1 copy (since the vehicle is not under hyp)
* Registration Certificate (original)
* Valid insurance (photocopy)
* Emission Certificate (photocopy)
* Address proof photocopy (I am planning to take PAN card as well as voter id)
* NOC along with Form-28 (2 copies)
* 3 passport size photographs

Queries
* Is the RTO open on Saturdays?
* Is there any document that I am missing in the list above? There is a mention of forms CMV-27 and KMV-27 as well on the website but is quite ambiguous.
* I know I'll have to pay the road tax for usage in KA. Since I will come to know the amount only at the RTO, can I pay there via CC or cheque? Or do the accept only DD payments?
* Any other tips?

Thanks in advance...

Last edited by cool_dube : 22nd January 2016 at 13:59.
Old 22nd January 2016, 14:13   #57
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ownership transfer for out-of-state car

The one thing you're missing is a DD for the full life tax, pro rated based on the age of the car. After that, good luck getting life tax refunded for the car from the Maharashtra RTO.

You need 27 which is for a new registration mark for your car now that you want to convert it over to Karnataka

See http://rto.kar.nic.in/coa-othstatecss.html

Last edited by hserus : 22nd January 2016 at 14:25.
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2016, 19:57   #58
BHPian

Re: Ownership transfer for out-of-state car

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
Queries
* Is the RTO open on Saturdays?
* Is there any document that I am missing in the list above? There is a mention of forms CMV-27 and KMV-27 as well on the website but is quite ambiguous.
* I know I'll have to pay the road tax for usage in KA. Since I will come to know the amount only at the RTO, can I pay there via CC or cheque? Or do the accept only DD payments?
* Any other tips?

Thanks in advance...
RTO is closed on 2nd Saturday and on other Saturdays there is a lot of rush. If you are doing this yourself, it could be a tight schedule. Eg: For Saturday's you have to "log in your fees etc" before lunch time.

I have always used cash mode of payment, they did not accept cheques.
Tip: Currently out of frustration & lack of time, I am getting my work done through an agent. Hope you have time on hand or stay close to the RTO office.
Old 23rd January 2016, 20:02   #59
Senior - BHPian

Just note - they will not accept road tax for a year or whatever period. Full life tax for your car will be collected again and you have to apply for a refund from the Maharashtra RTO where the vehicle is originally registered.

All payments except small amounts like 100, 500 are mandatorily by dd - especially full life tax might be 90k to a lakh or more so definitely only dd is accepted.

The entire process takes months so if you haven't brought the car here yet / haven't closed the deal fully and can back out, consider doing so and buying a local car.
Old 25th January 2016, 19:21   #60
Senior - BHPian

Hi all,

Thanks for all the help and tips! Went to the Indiranagar RTO today - submitted all documents after paying road tax / relevant fee and getting vehicle inspection done. Took me a whopping 5 hours (phew!) but did not give up My patience was stress-tested today!!

On a side note, just remembered that during the multiple reviews of my file done at the various RTO counters, I was not asked to submit/paste/attach my photograph on any of the forms! It was not mentioned on the checklist pasted on the RTO counter either! Hope it is not a miss from my end.

I got a similar procedure done about 12 years back when I had bought an out of state vehicle and got it transferred to my name / got a KA number. My observation is that things have not changed a BIT since then! While the whole world has moved on, it seems that time has come to a standstill for our RTOs! Not sure when, if at all, things will change

P.S. - the 5 hours include almost an hour spent at the bank for getting the (road tax) DD made. Wish RTO started accepting credit cards.

Last edited by cool_dube : 25th January 2016 at 19:30.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks