Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th March 2018, 20:05   #121
Senior - BHPian

Re: Guidelines: Car Ownership Transfer in Bangalore

This is correct. And specifically for the electronic city RTO I found them professional and helpful. You'd ideally approach them speaking in polite kannada .. make that effort even if you're an out of towner and see the difference

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinjosep View Post
Have done this myself recently (CC & transfer).

You will need to invest only two days of your time for CC (day 1) and then later the actual RC transfer (day 2).

Key is to ensure you have the paper work in order. Enough information is available on this thread as to the documents needed.
Old 26th March 2018, 20:05   #122
BHPian

I will be moving to Bangalore soon, and was planning on bringing over our car after a few months, from Kolkata.

The car is currently under my mother's name. Since she does not have any address or residence proof in Bangalore, is it still possible to re-register the car in Bangalore ?

The other way, is obviously to transfer the car to my name here in Kolkata, then register it in Bangalore. But that would lead to the car becoming a 2nd owner car on paper.
Old 27th March 2018, 05:00   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ts1506 View Post
I will be moving to Bangalore soon, and was planning on bringing over our car after a few months, from Kolkata.

The car is currently under my mother's name. Since she does not have any address or residence proof in Bangalore, is it still possible to re-register the car in Bangalore ?

The other way, is obviously to transfer the car to my name here in Kolkata, then register it in Bangalore. But that would lead to the car becoming a 2nd owner car on paper.
You can run the car for 1 year without any problems. Just keep the shipment/ toll tickets handy. Also, you dont need to register after 1 year - just pay road tax. You dont need any address proof etc for paying the tax..
Old 27th March 2018, 07:24   #124
Senior - BHPian

Your local address proof + some proof that she is your mother (eg: passport endorsement) will do the trick.

For the easiest possible local address proof - get a BSNL landline issued to your local address. The bill will only be generated at the end of the month, so get a letter from the BSNL exchange for your area saying "number xxx has been allocated to ts1506s real name here residing at your bangalore address".

You do need to get a noc from kolkata before coming over, and then pay tax in Bangalore for the car (life tax, mind .. at 17% of invoice value).

The process will take a longish time so please consider selling the car in Kolkata and buying something in Bangalore when you arrive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ts1506 View Post

hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2018, 10:26   #125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinjosep View Post
Have done this myself recently (CC & transfer).
============
Took me ~8 weeks for the whole process.
Thanks Vinjosep ! Let me give it a shot to get this done myself based on your advice.
Old 27th March 2018, 15:45   #126
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
Your local address proof + some proof that she is your mother (eg: passport endorsement) will do the trick.

The process will take a longish time so please consider selling the car in Kolkata and buying something in Bangalore when you arrive.
Thank you, that seems doable.

Selling the car is not an option, as our i20 is just 6 month old. Will have to evaluate the decision bit further. Thanks yet again.
Old 11th July 2018, 19:09   #127
BHPian

Hello All!

I have a query regarding the ownership transfer of a vehicle. I've recently purchased a vehicle (Registered at Bangalore East) and got the entire transfer process through an agent since the vehicle was on company lease and the firm (a reputed one) wanted to get the vehicle transferred themselves.

Now the agent has confirmed that the transfer is done and he'll be handing over the new Smart card to me.

Now 2 things here:
- I am not sure how is that possible as from what I know, updated Smart cards are usually dispatched by the RTO themselves. However, when I was getting my DL, I was told that I need to give them a self-addressed envelope for them to be able to dispatch the DL card. Eventually, I went and picked it up myself from the RTO in person and this was without any agent. So quite possible that the agent is picking up directly from the RTO
- The agent has confirmed that the transfer is done. However, when I checked on the Parivahan site as well these numerous apps, it still reflects the previous owner's name. The agent says that the website is not updated hence I am not able to see my name.

How do I cross verify this? The RC Extract from Bangalore One office also reflects the previous owner details. The vehicle is registered at KA-03 (Bangalore East).
Is there a counter/someone at the RTO whom I can check with and get the transfer verified?

Thanks in advance for your help!
Old 11th July 2018, 19:40   #128
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by verma_rahul View Post
- I am not sure how is that possible as from what I know, updated Smart cards are usually dispatched by the RTO themselves ..... So quite possible that the agent is picking up directly from the RTO
Yeah, the agents directly pick it up from the RTOs

Quote:
Originally Posted by verma_rahul View Post
The agent has confirmed that the transfer is done. However, when I checked on the Parivahan site as well these numerous apps, it still reflects the previous owner's name. The agent says that the website is not updated hence I am not able to see my name.
AFAIK, The data is updated on a monthly/quarterly basis by the RTOs to VAHAN (vahan.nic.in). All the consumer apps pull data from there. So it is possible that it is still reflecting old owner's details. Once you receive the Smart card, you should be sorted IMO.
nerd1200 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2018, 12:20   #129
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerd1200 View Post
Yeah, the agents directly pick it up from the RTOs
IMO.
Thanks for your inputs. Will wait for the agent to handover the Smart card.
Old 18th July 2018, 17:21   #130
Senior - BHPian

Hi Everyone,

Need urgent help regarding re-registration. I got my bike NOC from Pune(MH12), paid LTT and applied for re-registration via an agent. Now he has given me a number but it looks kinda fishy to me.

This is electronic city RTO. The number given is KA51HD - XXX . Its a 3 digit number at the end. Says RC card will take another 15-20 days. However as far as I remember the last set of numbers is usually 4 digits? Or is it different for 2 wheelers now? It has been almost 5 months now since I got my 2 wheeler inspected before paying the LTT and am stuck with the agent as he has all the original documents. I cant find a way to verify if this is a correct number or is he taking me for a ride? Sadly the vahan online websites update numbers after atleast a month or 2.

I checked some relatively new bikes in my office parking and KA51 HC series carries 4 digits at the end for 2 wheelers. Can someone help me with the info on whether something has changed in EC RTO and 2 wheelers are assigned 3 digit numbers at the end? If some reliable contact in the RTO, I would be grateful.

Thanks in advance!!!

Last edited by SoumenD : 18th July 2018 at 17:25.
Old 18th July 2018, 17:29   #131
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
Hi Everyone,

Need urgent help regarding re-registration. I got my bike NOC from Pune(MH12), paid LTT and applied for re-registration via an agent. Now he has given me a number but it looks kinda fishy to me.

This is electronic city RTO. The number given is KA51HD - XXX . Its a 3 digit number at the end. Says RC card will take another 15-20 days. However as far as I remember the last set of numbers is usually 4 digits? Or is it different for 2 wheelers now? It has been almost 5 months now since I got my 2 wheeler inspected before paying the LTT and am stuck with the agent as he has all the original documents. I cant find a way to verify if this is a correct number or is he taking me for a ride? Sadly the vahan online websites update numbers after atleast a month or 2.

I checked some relatively new bikes in my office parking and KA51 HC series carries 4 digits at the end for 2 wheelers. Can someone help me with the info on whether something has changed in EC RTO and 2 wheelers are assigned 3 digit numbers at the end? If some reliable contact in the RTO, I would be grateful.

Thanks in advance!!!
Maybe it is KA51HD-0XXX? The agent might have omitted the "0" as is a trend among many motorists.
For confirmation, you cal call E-city RTO and confirm.
nerd1200 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2018, 17:07   #132
BHPian

Can LPG bills/voucher be used as local proof of address ?
Old 23rd December 2018, 21:06   #133
BHPian

Guys, Is Indiranagr RTO still working from Kasturinagar RTO ? Did they come back to the older building ?
Old 31st December 2018, 21:43   #134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
Hi Everyone,

---
This is electronic city RTO. The number given is KA51HD - XXX . Its a 3 digit number at the end. Says RC card will take another 15-20 days.
Just walk into RTO and check the current running series/number. If you stay far away, give a try calling their land line and enquire. If you want positive response, pretend as if you want to book a VIP number :-)

EDIT: Sorry, I did not notice the date of your post. Believe me I'm not drunk yet for the new year party.

Last edited by hillsnrains : 31st December 2018 at 21:52.
Old 31st December 2018, 22:23   #135
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek.ks View Post
Guys, Is Indiranagr RTO still working from Kasturinagar RTO ? Did they come back to the older building ?
They are at the kasturinagar RTO itself. Was there on Saturday and from the looks of it, I think this will be a permanent place for them for a while.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks