Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd May 2017, 10:26   #106
Team-BHP Support

Re: How to transfer car from one State to another state?

Bunch of threads should give you info.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post4170190

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post4177720

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaskar.guru View Post
I would like to know how to get the transfer done and is there a way to keep my number so I can drive it in both states or do I have to get it changed.
If you pay the road tax for Karnataka, you can drive the car with the same reg. in both states without a worry.

But, good chance you'll be stopped because of your AP plate. Unnecessary hassle.

Also, KA has among the highest road tax in the country, so you'd be wasting money.

Quote:
Also, I've paid life tax in Hyderabad, would I get a refund for it in case I change the number?
If you change the reg. to KA.
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2017, 11:23   #107
Team-BHP Support

Re: How to transfer car from one State to another state?

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Thanks for the URLs.

Moderator's Note:Please carry on with any further discussion on this subject at one of the existing threads as in the quoted post above. This thread now stands locked.

Please search the forum before you open a thread on any subject.
Old 20th February 2018, 12:09   #108

Re: Guidelines: Car Ownership Transfer in Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajathv8 View Post
I recently applied for "ownership transfer within state" of a used car I bought. Prior to approaching the RTO I read up about the process online and inquired with friends and family. However I had a few surprises in store. I hope to share my experience/mistakes for the benefit of bhpians.

Wish you a smooth ownership transfer!

Mods: If this post does not warrant a new thread, please merge it with an appropriate thread, preferably the "How to sell a *USED* car in India" thread.
Thank you very much for this detailed post. It helped me also greatly.
I would like to add the following 2 images of the 'official' checklist of documents required for various services at RTOs in Bangalore.
Attached Thumbnails
Guidelines: Car Ownership Transfer in Bangalore-rto_1.jpg  

Guidelines: Car Ownership Transfer in Bangalore-rto_2.png  

pai.pradeep is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th March 2018, 19:31   #109
BHPian

Indeed a very helpful post! I too had decided to go through the transfer process myself. The transferor RTO was Kasturinagar (Indiranagar RTO has been moved to Kasturinagar recently) and my home RTO is Electronics City.

I had applied for the clearance certificate on 3-Nov-2017. The process completed in a jiffy and I was very happy and content that I didn't have to pay anyone even a single rupee in bribe. The people were quite helpful as well.

Then came the loooong wait. The application was approved on 6-Jan-2018, i.e. 2 full months after applying. My intermittent visits didn't yield much, apart from 'data-entry-pending'.

After approval, the documents were dispatched on 1-March-2018, i.e. 2 months after approval, and full 4 months after application! Today I collected the CC and RC from original owner and tomorrow I plan to go to Electronics City RTO to - start the actual transfer of ownership process!

I can't fathom why it would take so long for a mere clearance!? If you employ an agent, the whole process - clearance as well as ownership transfer completes in 20-30 days. Apparently, you do it yourself, and your application goes way way down the priority. And it wasn't only me, during one of my visits, I met with another couple of folks who had applied around the same time as I had, and they were frustrated enough to come to conclusion that bribe only can get their application moving.
ghatotkatch is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2018, 21:42   #110
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghatotkatch View Post
Indeed a very helpful post! I too had decided to go through the transfer process myself. The transferor RTO was Kasturinagar (Indiranagar RTO has been moved to Kasturinagar recently) and my home RTO is Electronics City.
I will say that when I had to do an interstate vehicle transfer of my car TN to KA and then get my TN tax refunded, the E City RTO people were the most helpful and professional RTO types I've seen across years. And not one paisa in bribe money, though they insisted documents must be correct.

I in fact sent the person there that I dealt with an expensive box of sweets at the end of the job as a way to say thanks for all his help.
Old 6th March 2018, 22:16   #111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
I will say that when I had to do an interstate vehicle transfer of my car TN to KA and then get my TN tax refunded, the E City RTO people were the most helpful and professional RTO types I've seen across years. And not one paisa in bribe money, though they insisted documents must be correct.

I in fact sent the person there that I dealt with an expensive box of sweets at the end of the job as a way to say thanks for all his help.
Now that I re-read what I wrote, I realise I didn't clearly mention the experience was in Kasturinagar (previously Indiranagar) RTO. Clearance certificate is to be acquired from transferor RTO, so that experience was not from Electronics City RTO.

Having said that, it's very comforting to read your comments, since tomorrow I will be going to electronics city RTO for the ownership transfer process.
Old 12th March 2018, 21:48   #112
BHPian

Folks,

Can anyone tell me if it is possible to do any or all of the 4 things simultaneously (at the appropriate RTO, in Bangalore):

1. Apply for duplicate RC-book (as I seem to have lost the original)
2. Change of address in RC-book, as I changed residence (but some friends say that it is best avoided, although not sure, because duplicate RC-book seems to require latest address-proof).
3. Apply for Fitness-Certificate (as my original registration expired 6 months back, and I realized it only a week back)
4. Apply for NoC (to sell the vehicle, that will then be reregistered in another state)

Kindly note that I am aware of the process for each of those separately, but I believe, each one of those takes roughly 1 month. In my case, it'd mean 4 months (or more), if done one-after-the-other. Thus trying to see, if anyone has tried and has had success in doing all the 4 (or some of those) at once ?

Any advice that helps save time and effort, would be highly valued.

regards,
BD

Last edited by bdutta : 12th March 2018 at 21:55. Reason: clarified and expanded
Old 12th March 2018, 22:07   #113
Senior - BHPian

RC will not be reissued or duplicate given without FC being completed, so you can do those two together. NOC will take hardly two or three days after that.
Old 15th March 2018, 10:53   #114
Senior - BHPian

Hello,

Am buying a vehicle which is registered in Bangalore, this vehicle was bought on loan so once I buy the previous owner will clear the loan and get me the NOC from the bank. since I reside in Mangalore I plan to get the hypothecation removed from the RC/card and then get the ownership transferred in Mangalore.

So the first step is to get the hypothecation cleared in the respective RTO(Bangalore)

Whats the procedure?
Old 15th March 2018, 11:16   #115
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
Whats the procedure?
This should help you:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/owning...ml#post4366540
Old 26th March 2018, 10:51   #116
BHPian

Folks,

Appreciate if someone has trust worthy agent details in Electronic City RTO. This thread has been really useful.
Old 26th March 2018, 12:05   #117
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovelydude77 View Post
Folks,

Appreciate if someone has trust worthy agent details in Electronic City RTO. This thread has been really useful.
If you are transfering a car that's bought locally (bangalore number) then there should be no issue, you can do the transfer yourself using the instructions in this thread.
Old 26th March 2018, 16:23   #118
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
If you are transfering a car that's bought locally (bangalore number) then there should be no issue, you can do the transfer yourself using the instructions in this thread.
Thanks hserus! Well I was exploring this option to see if whole CC and actual transfer can be shorter with an agent. That's all.
Old 26th March 2018, 19:10   #119
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks hserus! Well I was exploring this option to see if whole CC and actual transfer can be shorter with an agent. That's all.
Yes! Definitely the whole CC and actual transfer work will happen much quicker if you go through an agent. As the amount you will be paying the agent will be shared with the RTO guys, they will prioritise these on top of those who come directly.

As a result, if there is no agent involved the CC might take around 6 to 8 weeks and another 6 to 8 weeks for the ownership transfer .
Old 26th March 2018, 19:15   #120
BHPian

Quote:
Have done this myself recently (CC & transfer).

You will need to invest only two days of your time for CC (day 1) and then later the actual RC transfer (day 2).

Key is to ensure you have the paper work in order. Enough information is available on this thread as to the documents needed.

Even if you engage an agent, you will still have to provide him with the documents. Its only those two days you would save All RTOs give you a signed acknowledgement. Electronic-city RTO even gives you a target date by when you may expect the card!

I spent 700 rupees for the CC & transfer + two days + some fuel for the commute. The lowest quote I got was ~5K from agents near my home.

Took me ~8 weeks for the whole process.

Last edited by vinjosep : 26th March 2018 at 19:16.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks