Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th July 2015, 23:41   #211
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Re: New Toyota Fortuner caught on test in Thailand

Why Toyota? Why?

The Fortuner has lost all its rough, rogue looks and this one looks completely sad with droopy eyes

Toyota's quirky design has made the new Endeavour my new favorite
MAS is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 11th July 2015, 00:12   #212
BHPian

Any idea if the 2016 Toyota will have all 4 disc brakes?? I think that is one change I am looking forward to. And a 6th gear will be more welcome
Old 11th July 2015, 08:21   #213
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyf1 View Post
Any idea if the 2016 Toyota will have all 4 disc brakes?? I think that is one change I am looking forward to. And a 6th gear will be more welcome

Everyone who has posted on this thread just wants to know that one piece of information. But the Thailand magazines are withholding information regarding the same. So I guess we will have to wait till Friday. It will surely have 6 speed M/T.
Old 11th July 2015, 10:07   #214
BHPian

Oh. Though the design looks good, It looks more like a "Fluidic" Hyundai Design than a Toyota. Especially those curvy grilles, headlamps and the tail lamps so remind me of the Elantra/ Sonata Siblings.

But yeah, the interiors carry the same theme seen in the New Corolla. But still I like the looks, though it doesn't look as punchy and dominating as the present one - which literally is a mammoth!!
Old 11th July 2015, 10:20   #215
Team-BHP Support

Save for the G-Wagon, all designs are going soft. I don't know what is wrong with the designers but trucks are all about brick like aerodynamics, straight butch looks. This looks like a CR-V to me.

Give me the 1st gen Fortuner anyday, even the 2nd gen w/o those tail-lamps. The 2005 Endevour had character, new one looks modern but the face is lost amongst sea of modern cars, but still manages to look more butch than this.

There are positives, better engine, good interiors but...

Chassis based trucks are all about image, attitude, I see that being traded in. Sad.
Sheel is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th July 2015, 10:22   #216
Senior - BHPian

First impressions: I am not liking the looks specially the front. Those 2 semi vertical chrome things on the grille look out of place. Maybe the looks will grow with time or the car may look better in the metal but as of now the Hilux has a much better front then the Fortuner. The interiors are like the new Corolla's and thats a good thing.

My wish list for the Indian Fortuner:

- All black interiors at least in all 4X4 variants.
- AVN.
- 6 speed M/T & A/T
- Rear disc brakes.
- 6 Airbags at least in 4X4 variants.
- Cruise Control in A/T.

Last edited by amit : 11th July 2015 at 10:23.
Old 11th July 2015, 10:57   #217
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
Why Toyota? Why?
Toyota's quirky design has made the new Endeavour my new favorite
Serioiusly, why Toyota? Whyee?? Endeavour and Trailblazer definitely look more buch than this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakmuzik View Post
Oh. Though the design looks good, It looks more like a "Fluidic" Hyundai Design than a Toyota.
This is excatly what came to my mind first. Like the Hyosung Motorbikes advertisement says "Distinctly Korean"

Frankly, I think the Toyota went overboard with the exterior design. But I hope the overall package is good enough for us to get over the design. Looks like a joint venture between DC Design and some Korean design firm.
4x4addict is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th July 2015, 11:05   #218
BHPian

Even though the current Fortuner looks tough and butch. The new also looks good, very modern and huge, I especially love the rear and those sleek lamps. To my eyes only the chrome surrounding the foglamps looks tacky and just imagine a White 2016 Fortuner with all the chrome wrapped in glossy black. The interior also looks very nice. At the end of the day not every car is photogenic whereas it might looks awesome in flesh.
Old 11th July 2015, 11:39   #219
BHPian

Although many of us are criticizing Fortuner looks & hailing the Endevour looks, I have a feeling that once both the cars are launched, the sales will tell us a completely different story.
The combination of Looks,Reliability,Brand appeal & Service experience of a Toyota is very difficult for Ford to match,atleast in India. The only way Endevour can win is to bring better experience overall at a lower price point. And Brand appeal & service experience cannot be changed overnight.

Overall I believe that this Fortuner will be a runaway success,irrespective of the way it looks. Just the logo on the grill is enough to bring in customers. Period.

Regards,
Varun
Old 11th July 2015, 12:11   #220
BHPian

Wondering if this is the same car. New Toyota Fortuner caught on test in Thailand-imageuploadedbyteambhp1436596785.433535.jpg

New Toyota Fortuner caught on test in Thailand-imageuploadedbyteambhp1436596825.418504.jpg
If yes then a bull bar will set things straight.

Last edited by .anshuman : 11th July 2015 at 12:21. Reason: Typo Fixed
Old 11th July 2015, 15:57   #221
BHPian

Rear looks smashing in white.

Front also becomes live-able.

Source:
Attached Thumbnails
New Toyota Fortuner caught on test in Thailand-2016toyotafortuner1-white.jpg  

New Toyota Fortuner caught on test in Thailand-2016toyotafortuner2-white.jpg  

mroptimist is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 11th July 2015, 16:00   #222
BHPian

Is it only me or some others also think the design is similar to an earlier generation Ssangyong? The current generation Fortuner looks much more butch and a proper SUV.

Hope the dynamics improve in the new generation along with better safety kit
Old 11th July 2015, 17:02   #223
Team-BHP Support

I really liked the looks. It has mellowed down quite a bit compared to the current one, but that probably helps it to blend better in the urban traffic. There's a bit too much of chrome, but that's kind a norm with large SUVs I guess.
Old 11th July 2015, 17:15   #224
BHPian

Please don't tell me Toyota has gone with a monocoque design with those looks.. :o
Old 11th July 2015, 19:07   #225
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by carfreak View Post
Is it only me or some others also think the design is similar to an earlier generation Ssangyong?
Me too, the first thing that came to mine was the SSangyong Musso.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mroptimist View Post
Rear looks smashing in white.
White definitely looks better than the brown one. Maybe the Chrome garnish doesn't stick out as much as in white.

Quote:
Originally Posted by powertrain View Post
Although many of us are criticizing Fortuner looks & hailing the Endevour looks, I have a feeling that once both the cars are launched, the sales will tell us a completely different story.
Overall I believe that this Fortuner will be a runaway success,irrespective of the way it looks. Just the logo on the grill is enough to bring in customers. Period.
You are absolutely correct. Fortuner will always be a runaway success, compared to Ford or Trailblazer, but that doesn't mean it will look any prettier
Attached Thumbnails
New Toyota Fortuner caught on test in Thailand-mhv_ssangyong_musso_01.jpg  

4x4addict is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks