Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th July 2015, 10:33   #301
Senior - BHPian

Re: New Toyota Fortuner caught on test in Thailand

The pictures of that blue one with beige leather interiors has me seriously worried! I am guessing in Thailand, leather interior is standard with choice between the chocolate brown & beige. In India, thanks to lower volumes & Toyota's conservativeness they may prefer to give us just one leather interior and that means the beige may get chosen over the brown considering our preference for beige.

I hope good sense prevails in Toyota and they retain that lovely dark brown leather for India as well. What makes beige worse is that that the two vertical slats around the central console are also wrapped in leather and in beige those slats seriously mess up the otherwise lovely interiors.
amit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2015, 20:14   #302
BHPian

The current top sec model is costing approx 32L in Mumbai. Will it be wise enough to wait almost a year for the new spec vehicle and I am assuming the top sec will be 40L plus if Mumbai registered.. I really dont think it will be worth the wait and spending 10L extra.
Old 18th July 2015, 20:43   #303
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyf1 View Post
The current top sec model is costing approx 32L in Mumbai. Will it be wise enough to wait almost a year for the new spec vehicle and I am assuming the top sec will be 40L plus if Mumbai registered.. I really dont think it will be worth the wait and spending 10L extra.
Hahaha. I had a similar dilemma. The new Fortuner with paddle shifters and all will surely cross 40 lakhs. Toyota will surely increase the cost higher to bridge the gap with the Prado and make space for a cheaper suv in the 25 lakh space thereby increasing its suv lineup.

A better option is to either look for a clean preowned model 2012 and above or buy a new one in the current form and price. You will surely save a lot of money.
Old 18th July 2015, 23:41   #304
Distinguished - BHPian

Interesting renders;

Hilux with the Fortuner face;

New Toyota Fortuner caught on test in Thailand-toyotahiluxswappingfaceswithtoyotafortunertotallymakessense_1.jpg

Fortuner with the Hilux face;

New Toyota Fortuner caught on test in Thailand-toyotahiluxswappingfaceswithtoyotafortunertotallymakessense_2.jpg

^ I so prefer this look on the Fortuner

Image Source
karan561 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 19th July 2015, 01:38   #305
Distinguished - BHPian

^^^ Agree wholly.

While the Hilux with the Fortuner face doesnt look that bad as its competitors are anyway weird looking.

But the Hilux faced Fortuner looks so delicious and up to the fight with the Endeavour on the looks front.
Old 19th July 2015, 07:18   #306

Dear experts,

Let me congratulate you all on the tremendous knowledge and brethren that I get to see on this forum

Also, that I've been consistently following up on news on the all new Toyota Fortuner 2016. Have been to Pune's showroom couple of times and even contacted the owners of one of Maharashtra's biggest dealers couple of times but haven't got any confirmed news on when is it launching in India ... All that I got to know that it will take a years time; which I don't believe given the fact that they might be hurrying up on current stock clearance and don't want any loose news to leak..

I think the new Fortuner is a winner and looking forward desperately to book it myself. Can someone pls get us all some confirmed news on when is this coming to India ??

Will be really helpful as I need a good spacious 7 seater for my family asap..!

Thanks in advance

Regards, Bonziibuddy
bonziibuddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2015, 09:13   #307
Senior - BHPian

The new fortuner is so plush in the interiors, much better than the current Innova transplanted interiors.

The AC charging point esp for laptops is a good add on, not sure if any other car does carry something like this. May be some high end cars would.

Hoping that this doesn't warrant a substantial increase in prices next year.
Old 19th July 2015, 09:17   #308
BHPian

Guy testing how sure-footed the new Fortuner is. Pretty good for a 2 tonne behemoth, I would say

GKR9900 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th July 2015, 19:48   #309
BHPian

Here's a really detailed walk-around of the all new Fortuner. The guy filming (I suppose it's the same guy who's holding the key in the previous pics posted here) has got the interiors covered in full detail. From what I see, the interiors does look pretty plush. Make sure to watch it in HD. Enjoy!

The beast taking a prowl around the wilderness

Old 19th July 2015, 20:20   #310
Senior - BHPian

The 2nd video terrain is nothing great to check Fortuner capabilities and ride. Its peace of cake for Fortuner and even Innova can do it with, rather does it with ease.
Old 19th July 2015, 21:47   #311
BHPian

New Toyota Fortuner caught on test in Thailand

Quote:
Originally Posted by parsh View Post
The 2nd video terrain is nothing great to check Fortuner capabilities and ride. Its peace of cake for Fortuner and even Innova can do it with, rather does it with ease.

The camera is causing an optical illusion. The descent is actually steep. I have faced this issue where the camera just can't capture the depth.
But with hill descent control I expected some control:o. The guy came rushing down.
Sad to see ground clearance to have become less at 193mm. Hope Indian version gets more. Really hoping for the Australian version to make it to India with rear disc and differential lock.
Old 19th July 2015, 22:11   #312
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by parsh View Post
Nope. I disagree here. The Terrain is difficult for an MPV like the Innova. But I agree that it's not at all challenging for the Fortuner compared to what it is capable of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean5545 View Post
Sad to see ground clearance to have become less at 193mm.
I don't think that should be too much of a worry as Indian versions always ride taller. But I'm sure that the new fortuner won't have a 221 mm GC. With a reduced GC and longer wheelbase, will it suffer in certain off-road conditions?

Quote:
Really hoping for the Australian version to make it to India with rear disc and differential lock.
Very much required for a car of it's class.
Old 19th July 2015, 23:00   #313
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean5545 View Post
The camera is causing an optical illusion. The descent is actually steep. I have faced this issue where the camera just can't capture the depth.
But with hill descent control I expected some control:o. The guy came rushing down.
Sad to see ground clearance to have become less at 193mm. Hope Indian version gets more. Really hoping for the Australian version to make it to India with rear disc and differential lock.
Sure the camera angle can cause an optical illusion. However, I did observe the angles, both where he descends and where he ascends (both are of bit different angles) and both are carefully and more or less easily doable in Innova, have done those pretty much in various farm fields, even wet as well and in some places in ghats. In addition, the banking angles are also not that great IMO.

I am sure they will not compromise on GC in India and will respectfully keep around 220. They have a different market in India as I see compared to overseas.

I think there is a center differential also as in the video, if I am not mistaken

New Toyota Fortuner caught on test in Thailand-differential.jpg
Old 20th July 2015, 07:42   #314
Distinguished - BHPian

Why is there a confusion about Ground Clearance ?

And so much of variation ? (225 / 220 / 193 mm)

Last i checked the GC it was mentioned 225mm for the Australian Fortuner CHECK HERE

Last edited by karan561 : 20th July 2015 at 07:54.
Old 20th July 2015, 09:25   #315
Senior - BHPian

^^^ Australian reviews of the Fortuner Reveal claim 225 mm GC but the Thailand official specs on site show Min. Ground Clearance as 193 mm.

Last edited by parsh : 20th July 2015 at 09:26.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks