Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th August 2015, 10:04   #346
BHPian

Re: New Toyota Fortuner caught on test in Thailand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderers View Post
Also, the launch would be sooner than expected. Deliveries likely to start from January 2016.
Makes sense (for Toyota). If the new Innova comes first, many potential buyers shall go for it and skip the Fortuner. Although there is a wide price gap between the current Innova and Fortuner, many people compare both while deciding on their purchase.

Or what, many people might simply go for BOTH- I have at least 5 people in my circle who owns BOTH the current Innova and the current Fortuner.
Yeldo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2015, 01:03   #347
Senior - BHPian

Toyota has imported the New Innova with 2.4 litre GD engine,for testing.
Does it mean the launch of the Innova will preceed launch of the new Fortuner?

Last edited by ecosport rules : 4th September 2015 at 01:09.
Old 4th September 2015, 14:20   #348
BHPian

2016 Toyota Fortuner to launch in India during the festive season of 2016

http://indianautosblog.com/2015/09/2...ch-2016-189688
LionX is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th September 2015, 19:08   #349
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionX View Post
2016 Toyota Fortuner to launch in India during the festive season of 2016

http://indianautosblog.com/2015/09/2...ch-2016-189688
The article didn't mention in which month it will be launched. The reference to 'festive season' is too generic. The production estimate of 2500 units/month sounds very optimistic as the current sales varies between 1400-1600 units per month and in 2016, Fortuner will have good competition from the updated Endeavour.
Voyager-1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2015, 02:56   #350
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voyager-1 View Post
The article didn't mention in which month it will be launched. The reference to 'festive season' is too generic. The production estimate of 2500 units/month sounds very optimistic as the current sales varies between 1400-1600 units per month and in 2016, Fortuner will have good competition from the updated Endeavour.
Festive season may mean September to November. (Just my guess)

1400 to 1600 units per month is a fabulous number for a model which is at the fag end of its life cycle.
2500 units per month for an all new model in spite of the new endaevour is quite possible.
Old 6th September 2015, 09:28   #351

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean5545 View Post
That's fantastic!
I can see a differential lock button too.
All in all its the Australian version which we should pray to come to India.
The following are the improvements over the Thailand version.
Rear Disc brakes
Rear Differential lock
Ground clearance:223 mm
And last but not the least a 4x4M/T 😍
Or at least hope that Toyota India would equip rear disc brakes.
Old 6th September 2015, 11:20   #352
Senior - BHPian

I have seen the new Fortuner and new Endevour both in Bangkok recently. There is absolutely no comparison, the Endevour wins hands down. The new Fortuner looks like Innova and the older Fortuner had a love child, especially the rear window kink looks like something out of a 1950's American yank tank with the fins and all, completely out of place on a 'butch' SUV. The Endevour on the other hand is a beauty on the outside, properly butch and very refined looking and luxurious on the inside too. If both are launched with similar prices, unless the Ford has serious issues, I see a slow death for the Fortuner.
apachelongbow is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th September 2015, 23:17   #353
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by apachelongbow View Post
I have seen the new Fortuner and new Endevour both in Bangkok recently. There is absolutely no comparison, the Endevour wins hands down.
Although the features of the Indian spec versions are not confirmed yet, based on the initial assessment from various reports, I would agree that the Ford has finally launched a product that is superior to the Toyota Fortuner.

I can't believe that Toyota lowered the ground clearance to under 200mm and took away the center differential and made it a part time 4x4 vehicle like Scorpio or Safari . I understand the desire to make the product visually softer, but removing the off-road credentials of the Fortuner is absolutely unacceptable for me.

Quote:
If both are launched with similar prices, unless the Ford has serious issues, I see a slow death for the Fortuner.
I disagree here. Toyota has build a reputation of very durable vehicles with low maintenance costs. Ford in India has issues with spares and service. But now that they have started to sell spares over the counter, maybe this will not be an issue going forward. But either way Ford has a looooong way to dethrone the Fortuner.

Given that the latest Fortuner has been castrated to a large extent by Toyota, I am open to Ford Endeavour...
Old 6th September 2015, 23:29   #354
BHPian

Quote:
I have seen the new Fortuner and new Endevour both in Bangkok recently. There is absolutely no comparison, the Endevour wins hands down.
I agree, just comparing the South East Asian specs, it seems that Ford has outdone the mighty Fortuner... I am sold just with the 20" wheels size on the top end variant of the Endy.

We are assuming off course that Ford does not downscale the India specs.
Old 16th September 2015, 18:35   #355
BHPian

Toyota unveils a range of bullbars(2 nos) as well as other products for the Australian version of both the Hilux Revo and the Fortuner.
Here is a pic of the Hilux Revo with Bullbar as well as rocksliders. The good thing about these bullbars is that Toyota is claiming a 5 Star safety NCAP safety rating with the Bullbars! Till now no SUV has been tested for NCAP with bullbars.
New Toyota Fortuner caught on test in Thailand-toyotahiluxaccessories3.jpg

Source:4X4 Australia
dean5545 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 17th September 2015, 16:18   #356
BHPian

Hi all,

Today I spotted a pickup truck loaded on the back of a truck on the highway. I was near Shaktigarh(West Bengal) in our Ford Classic when we happened to pass by this truck. 80% of the car was covered but I could make out a Toyota badge and a Hilux badge. Couldn't click any picture, unfortunately. It was white in colour.

Neel

Last edited by petrolhead_neel : 17th September 2015 at 16:20.
Old 17th September 2015, 18:38   #357
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrolhead_neel View Post
Hi all,

Today I spotted a pickup truck loaded on the back of a truck on the highway. I was near Shaktigarh(West Bengal) in our Ford Classic when we happened to pass by this truck. 80% of the car was covered but I could make out a Toyota badge and a Hilux badge. Couldn't click any picture, unfortunately. It was white in colour.

Neel
What part of the Hilux did you see?
Toyota did import a Hilux SR5 in 2014 according to Zauba. Wonder what its doing in Bengal though!
Here's a pic of the same.
New Toyota Fortuner caught on test in Thailand-untitled.png
Old 17th September 2015, 19:16   #358
BHPian

Quote:
Toyota did import a Hilux SR5 in 2014 according to Zauba. Wonder what its doing in Bengal though!
Attachment 1416035
Hi,

I saw the rear of the Hilux. I am totally sure that it indeed wore the Hilux badge. After coming back home, I checked some pics of the Hilux quite carefully on the internet. It's identical to what I saw today. I could not find any registration plates though.

Neel
Old 17th September 2015, 21:21   #359
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrolhead_neel View Post
Hi all,

Neel
Quote:
Attachment 1416035
First thought it was a private import when Neel said, but since this is for R&D purpose maybe some other manufacturers are evaluating it, though who in West Bengal is a mystery.

anyway it can't be Toyota since this is the previous generation, but maybe, just maybe Toyota is planning to do a la Isuzu and launch the Hilux here. Though its just a highly unlikely wish. (doesn't even care to launch the Rush, Avanza, Vios let alone a pickup)
DicKy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2015, 21:47   #360
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

The Hilux on the back of the truck is probably going to Nepal/Bhutan.

I have myself seen many pickup trucks from Nissan and Mitsubishi, around Jharkhand and West Bengal on flatbed trucks on their way to Bhutan.

The Hilux which has been imported into India in 2014 is being tested by a rival company. Toyota has not imported the Hilux yet.
//M is offline   (4) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks