Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st May 2016, 18:55   #421
BHPian

Re: New Toyota Fortuner caught on test in Thailand

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
IAB & ET are both reporting that the all-new Toyota Fortuner is scheduled to be launched during Diwali 2016, for a price of Rs. 28 lakhs.

It's essentially just Indianautosblog reporting the story! ET Auto is just sharing the same story of IAB

But anyways, if Toyota is planning to launch the new Fortuner in the Diwali season, then it's the right time as far as our Indian market is concerned.

Regarding the 28 Lakh price tag, hope its the top of the line 2.8 4WD A/T, and if yes then the new Endy will have some sleepless nights going ahead!
Old 3rd May 2016, 03:43   #422
BHPian

The Toyota fortuner looks like a boat:

New Toyota Fortuner caught on test in Thailand-imageuploadedbyteambhp1462227088.191767.jpg

New Toyota Fortuner caught on test in Thailand-imageuploadedbyteambhp1462227102.843371.jpg

New Toyota Fortuner caught on test in Thailand-imageuploadedbyteambhp1462227123.196119.jpg

If you see it from the front it's like a yacht

New Toyota Fortuner caught on test in Thailand-imageuploadedbyteambhp1462227171.585971.jpg

New Toyota Fortuner caught on test in Thailand-imageuploadedbyteambhp1462227191.705359.jpg

The high pointing lights makes it sleek but design as if away from the water. This amphibious looking SUV will surely be a hit as Toyota has huge fan following and a great service and reliability standard.

Some photos in black:

New Toyota Fortuner caught on test in Thailand-imageuploadedbyteambhp1462229270.521425.jpg

New Toyota Fortuner caught on test in Thailand-imageuploadedbyteambhp1462229295.755670.jpg

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 3rd May 2016 at 07:33. Reason: Back to back posts merged, invalid attachment removed. Thanks!
sameeracer is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2016, 05:18   #423
Senior - BHPian

Re: Toyota fortuner 2016 sadly looks like a boat

I see them here in Australia everyday and still have not been able to digest the looks. The current one to me looks much better than this contraption. There is no doubting reliability though.
extreme_torque is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th May 2016, 12:41   #424
BHPian

Autocar first drive

johannskaria is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th May 2016, 21:09   #425
BHPian

Came across this article on cartoq.com. Don't know how credible it is but then it talks about Toyota ditching the launch of the new Fortuner due to NGT ban and related confusion.

Source: http://www.cartoq.com/ngt-ban-impact...-india-at-all/
Old 29th May 2016, 09:19   #426
BHPian

New Toyota Fortuner caught on test in Thailand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinodh_Gowda View Post
Came across this article on cartoq.com. Don't know how credible it is but then it talks about Toyota ditching the launch of the new Fortuner due to NGT ban and related confusion.

Source: http://www.cartoq.com/ngt-ban-impact...-india-at-all/

After waiting for the all new Fortuner for 2 long years this is what I get. So many spy shots, so many speculations what not and in the end I come to know that I won't get it. I was suppose to buy the current Fortuner back in 2014 ending. I would have completed at least 50,000km had I bought one.
If the news is true my dreams have been shattered to say the least.

I know I can buy the existing one but that one just doesn't cut it in today's times.
The only option left will be the Endeavour but only automatic with 3.2 ltr is a bit disappointing.
dean5545 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2016, 15:18   #427
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by johannskaria View Post
Autocar first drive
The text version of the review is live now.

http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-rev...ve-402129.aspx
abhishek46 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2016, 17:58   #428
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean5545 View Post
After waiting for the all new Fortuner for 2 long years this is what I get. So many spy shots, so many speculations what not and in the end I come to know that I won't get it. I was suppose to buy the current Fortuner back in 2014 ending. I would have completed at least 50,000km had I bought one.
If the news is true my dreams have been shattered to say the least.

I know I can buy the existing one but that one just doesn't cut it in today's times.
The only option left will be the Endeavour but only automatic with 3.2 ltr is a bit disappointing.
Guys,
Any update on the new Fortuner's launch.
I've been waiting too long now
Old 16th June 2016, 19:25   #429
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
Guys,
Any update on the new Fortuner's launch.
I've been waiting too long now
Reports on the WWW so far, indicate a Diwali launch and other forecasts are much gloomier(given the NGT and its unfounded meddlings).

Have been agog myself, I own a 2013 2WD5AT and want to replace it with the new one.

What do the pundits in here think about the resale values of the current face-lifted version(like mine)? Should I hold on and swap with the new one at launch or flog it now for (perhaps) a better price?

Thanks
thorque is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th June 2016, 21:15   #430
Team-BHP Support

Toyota launched the new Innova Crysta despite NGT issues. Fortuner too should be launched, when, that Toyota might answer.

NGT's ban will be contested in courts and if the court sees the wider picture, this decision should be revoked. Moreover, there is a sizable market besides NCR and Kerala.

I personally think, stock of the current gen Fortuner is with Toyota. If anyone has got a new Fortuner, could they confirm with the VIN as to if Toyota is manufacturing both. I am not sure if the current Fortuner is built in India, hence this suspicion.

But I am positive and maybe in line to get this if it has the MT 4X4 in top end.
Old 16th June 2016, 22:46   #431
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
I personally think, stock of the current gen Fortuner is with Toyota. If anyone has got a new Fortuner, could they confirm with the VIN as to if Toyota is manufacturing both. I am not sure if the current Fortuner is built in India, hence this suspicion.
Kindly disambiguate sirji,am missing something here :
Old 14th July 2016, 02:52   #432
Senior - BHPian

Harsha Toyota said that they have stopped the production of the current generation fortuner.

Does it mean the new gen Fortuner is around the corner?
They are hopeful on a post diwali launch
Old 14th July 2016, 17:22   #433
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Moreover, there is a sizable market besides NCR and Kerala.
Even in Kerala only 6 town's came under the NGT madness. The other places were excluded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
Does it mean the new gen Fortuner is around the corner?
I happened to read somewhere that Crysta production is ramped up due to large demand. Since both are on the same production line, Fortuner production may have stopped. I don't think it makes sense to buy the Fortuner now given that the much better version is just around the corner.
4x4addict is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2016, 17:27   #434
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
I don't think it makes sense to buy the Fortuner now given that the much better version is just around the corner.
Apparently the current Fortuner has full-time 4 wheel drive (TORSEN, which works great for me), while the new one has to be switched into 4wd. Other aspects may be better, but the main one is the safety rating for the new Fortuner. Otherwise, I prefer the current version.

Last edited by SuperFlyBoy : 14th July 2016 at 17:30.
Old 14th July 2016, 20:25   #435
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy View Post
Apparently the current Fortuner has full-time 4 wheel drive (TORSEN, which works great for me), while the new one has to be switched into 4wd.
True. This was a serious disappointment for me. Didn't expect this from Toyota since they are known for their off-road credentials.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy View Post
Otherwise, I prefer the current version.
The interior is light years ahead of the current version which looks like a basic old jap taxi interior. Not to mention the more modern engine & 6 Speed Automatic. Personally, I would grudgingly accept the lack of center differential and AWD for the much more modern interiors and engine gearbox combo. If you prefer the current version, grab one before it is gone.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks