Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th March 2015, 18:22   #61
BHPian

Re: New Toyota Fortuner caught on test in Thailand

Hi People, I don't know if this would help, but here's an artist's rendition of the way the all new Fortuner could look in the flesh. And it does look fab Pictures courtesy drivearabia.com.

Cheers
Champion

Oops my bad, somebody's got the pic before. Mods kindly excuse. I guess the eagerness to share got the better of me.
Attached Thumbnails
New Toyota Fortuner caught on test in Thailand-toyotafortuner2016uae3600x301.jpg  

New Toyota Fortuner caught on test in Thailand-toyotafortuner2016uae600x450.jpg  

Last edited by Champion : 15th March 2015 at 18:25. Reason: Apologies Mates!
Champion is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2015, 20:36   #62
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_crazy1400 View Post
Great job. I think the front looks modern but loses the butch nose of the first generation indian Fortuner.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GKR9900 View Post
Looks upmarket, but definitely not butch. A hint of Lexus design is also visible
Not butch enough ? Cmon guys i agree the 1st Fortuner launched in India was really butch looking, but the facelift mellowed things down with the "Smiley Grille"

This next gen facelift is much better than that & very alien like. As a Fortuner owner i am very pleased with the design of the new gen.

So from my side it surely is an

Last edited by karan561 : 15th March 2015 at 20:38.
Old 15th March 2015, 21:01   #63
BHPian

Arre, what i mean is its still modern looking and a fine fine replacement for the current model.

Infact i would replace my Fortuner the day this launches.

The current one turns 5 years this week with 86k kms.

Should be replacing it by next year.
Old 15th March 2015, 21:53   #64
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Infact i would replace my Fortuner the day this launches.
+1

I have the same in my mind.

Also to point out something that i have missed seeing in the spy pics is the hood scoop :(
Old 15th March 2015, 22:39   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post

Not butch enough ? Cmon guys i agree the 1st Fortuner launched in India was really butch looking, but the facelift mellowed things down with the "Smiley Grille"

This next gen facelift is much better than that & very alien like.
Don't get me wrong. I love it It looks alien, that's for sure (thank God they didn't make it as alien-like as the new Prado). Should have good road presence as well. Just that I kinda miss the old butch T-fort .

Quote:
Arre, what i mean is its still modern looking and a fine fine replacement for the current model.
Haha exactly my thoughts mate !
GKR9900 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2015, 23:23   #66
BHPian

Is it just me or does the grille remind someone of the first generation facelift VW Touareg?

Pic sourced from Wikipedia
Attached Thumbnails
New Toyota Fortuner caught on test in Thailand-1280pxvw_touareg_r50.jpg  

Old 16th March 2015, 16:28   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
+1

I have the same in my mind.

Also to point out something that i have missed seeing in the spy pics is the hood scoop :(
Petrol engine Fortuners do not have the bonnet scoop. Looks like the one on the spy photos is petrol engine!
Old 16th March 2015, 17:57   #68
Senior - BHPian

The artist render & the spy shot of the front are almost the same so whoever did that render seems to have some inside information about the vehicle? The kink towards the rear in the render is something I am still not warmed up about. I didn't give that render much importance earlier but now that it matches with the leaked front shot, I think we should take that render more seriously.

Overall, the front looks awesome. Hoping they sort out the ride & brakes and give us more refined & upscale interiors too. Would I buy the new Fortuner? Based on what is seen so far - hell yea!
Old 16th March 2015, 20:40   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parm View Post
Petrol engine Fortuners do not have the bonnet scoop. Looks like the one on the spy photos is petrol engine!

If you see the Australian spy shot you will find DIESEL written on the petrol bunk. So we can forget the hood scoop
New Toyota Fortuner caught on test in Thailand-imageuploadedbyteambhp1426518609.599238.jpg
Old 17th March 2015, 06:08   #70
Team-BHP Support

It's interesting to see that Toyota are testing the Fortuner in Australia, especially considering the fact that the Fortuner is currently not sold in this market! Does this mean they plan to launch the new Fortuner here as well?
Old 17th March 2015, 09:06   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
It's interesting to see that Toyota are testing the Fortuner in Australia, especially considering the fact that the Fortuner is currently not sold in this market! Does this mean they plan to launch the new Fortuner here as well?
Yes benbsb29 they have almost decided on launching the product in Australia.

Have a look at this article from a reputed Australian magazine.

http://www.4x4australia.com.au/news/...-fortuner-suv/

Quote:
Toyota has now all but confirmed the new Fortuner will arrive in Australia this year to bolster the company’s four-wheel drive ranks.

The brand that owns 16 per cent of the SUV market and 26 per cent of the 4x4 ute market isn’t content with its five-strong 4WD range (as well as a further two light duty SUVs) and it’s understood it has ticked the boxes to sign off on the crucial new model.

Based on the soon-to-arrive new HiLux, the Fortuner would slot between the FJ Cruiser and Prado to provide a more affordable seven-seater to compete with other ute-based off-roaders including the Holden Colorado 7, Mitsubishi Challenger and Isuzu MU-X.

Tony Cramb, Toyota Australia’s executive director of sales and marketing, told 4X4 Australia there was space for another serious off-roader – and that Toyota would not be softening its stance on 4x4s.

Rugged off-roaders are core to the brand and Toyota would not walk away from what is a solid and lucrative part of the car market.

Cramb also told 4X4 the company was actively discussing pushing forward the development and launch of an all-new Land Cruiser 70 Series, with the view to achieving a five-star NCAP safety rating. A five-star rating is now a compulsory prerequisite for some mining companies and these companies previously made up a significant chunk of sales.

It is understood a new generation 70 Series will arrive in 2017 at the earliest and will likely retain much of the rugged hardware underneath but with a revised body and better crash structure to meet stricter regulations.
Cramb said it’s all part of a longer term Toyota strategy to improve its vehicles and better develop them for the Australian market.
mroptimist is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2015, 14:28   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean5545 View Post
If you see the Australian spy shot you will find DIESEL written on the petrol bunk. So we can forget the hood scoop
Attachment 1350280
No bonnet scoops on these either.

I think the cloth/cover over the bonnet might be hiding the scoop?
Attached Thumbnails
New Toyota Fortuner caught on test in Thailand-toyotafortuner4runner2015spy1.jpg  

New Toyota Fortuner caught on test in Thailand-toyotahilux2015spy2h.jpg  

Parm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2015, 16:57   #73
Distinguished - BHPian

Exclusive spied image of the next generation Fortuner.

New Toyota Fortuner caught on test in Thailand-nextgenerationtoyotafortunerrevealed.jpg
New Toyota Fortuner caught on test in Thailand-nextgenerationtoyotafortunerrevealed2.jpg

Quote:
Toyota Fortuner is built on the Hilux pickup truck platform. The headlight design of new Fortuner is slim and it has projectors and Daytime running LEDs in it. The grill is finished in chrome and the foglamps also get chrome finish. The distinctive part of the design is the D-pillar, which is unique and different from its competitors. The overall design takes inspiration from the Land Cruiser and Lexus model, to give an upmarket look for the Fortuner.
Toyota will increase the dimensions of Fortuner to increase the interior space. The interior of Fortuner will be luxurious and different from the Innova. Toyota is expected to add lots of high end features on the Fortuner. The Fortuner is powered by new petrol and diesel engines. But in India, only the diesel will be launched mated to manual and automatic gearbox.
Production will start in July and the first shipment will start from August 2015. Toyota will launch next generation Fortuner at 2016 Auto Expo.

http://fly-wheel.com/world-exclusive...rtuner-leaked/
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th March 2015, 17:14   #74
Senior - BHPian

They have added a certain sleekness to it like the Pajero shaving off a bit of sheet metal. Would be a great if the interiors are premium which is really lacking in the current one.

Certainly Lexus influence and can pull off the cream colour that Lexus uses.
Old 18th March 2015, 11:49   #75
Distinguished - BHPian

Very "Sly" & "Alien like" that how i'd like to describe the front 1/4 look.

Also somehow it reminds me of the front stance of the Evoque (specifically the headlamps)

Rear has gained muscle to be honest & looks refreshingly sexy for a Toyota.

Some will say the 1st gen launched in India was the best look, i agree too, but this all new is definitely better than the current "facelift" which has that " Smiley " face / grille & the shiny clear glass tail-lamps.

So yes, Overall i am pretty satisfied with this all new Fortuner & cant wait for it to be launched

Last edited by karan561 : 18th March 2015 at 11:55.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks