Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st April 2015, 15:14   #91
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: New Toyota Fortuner caught on test in Thailand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parm View Post
My current Hilux is now 5 years and 300,000kms old, and from the leaked photo it looks like the full option for the European market. In the middle east we do get full options but only on special order and 3-4 months of waiting.

But I am sure its worth waiting for as it will be launched in 2-3 months time. On my recent visit to Toyota dealers in the GCC, they were already down with their Hilux stocks and that points to the quick arrival of the new Hilux 2016.

I think after the competition from the recent Ford Ranger and Mitsubishi L200, Toyota made the Hilux get its looks from the big daddy Toyota Tundra.
Good to know that you own a HILUX & have put it to good use by doing 3L kms

Though im a Toyota guy myself but i have great respect for the Ford Ranger / Everest too. In fact it being so good has pushed Toyota to up the game further in the upcoming Fortuner/ Hilux models.

Now lets wait for the engine specs & hope Toyota doesn't disappoint us with the interior, features
Old 21st April 2015, 15:32   #92
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
Good to know that you own a HILUX & have put it to good use by doing 3L kms

Though im a Toyota guy myself but i have great respect for the Ford Ranger / Everest too. In fact it being so good has pushed Toyota to up the game further in the upcoming Fortuner/ Hilux models.

Now lets wait for the engine specs & hope Toyota doesn't disappoint us with the interior, features
Hilux comes with different options catering to the markets its sold in. Middle east gets the lowest range of features cause its used mainly for commercial purpose.

Where as in east asian countries, its a mixed use as a commercial as well as for family needs.

Similar usages are in RSA and in latin america. But in europe its sold with high end features and comforts.

Full options in the middle east are booked and sold on orders only. I am hopping big time on the Hilux to come with better and upgraded features.
Parm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2015, 14:53   #93
Distinguished - BHPian

Why is this Hilux prototype running over fake pedestrians ?

New Toyota Fortuner caught on test in Thailand-11.jpg

New Toyota Fortuner caught on test in Thailand-12.jpg

IMO these aint looking like "crash test dummies" so i assume some "Driver aids" testing is ongoing i.e. new features for the Hilux / Fortuner

Source
karan561 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2015, 15:32   #94
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Probably to check if the dummies can create a dent on the car

Jokes apart, it looks like testing of some auto-stop / self-braking feature test
vb-saan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2015, 23:23   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Probably to check if the dummies can create a dent on the car

Jokes apart, it looks like testing of some auto-stop / self-braking feature test
Quote:

Attachment 1363374

Attachment 1363375

IMO these aint looking like "crash test dummies" so i assume some "Driver aids" testing is ongoing i.e. new features for the Hilux / Fortuner

Source
Europe has very strict law when it comes to pedestrian safety. The Hilux in the photo has an European registration plate and is testing the front end crash to see the impact on the pedestrian.

European trucks and buses have front and rear bumpers on the same height as the cars to ensure that two wheels in case of accidents don't go right under the vehicle.

Similar laws for frontal impact on a pedestrian in an accident should cause minimum injury, specially the impact on head.
Parm is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2015, 06:47   #96
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parm View Post
Hilux comes with different options catering to the markets its sold in. Middle east gets the lowest range of features cause its used mainly for commercial purpose.

Where as in east asian countries, its a mixed use as a commercial as well as for family needs.

Similar usages are in RSA and in latin america. But in europe its sold with high end features and comforts.
In Australia too, it's very common to see the Hilux used as a family vehicle, in the double cab 4x4 version. Many of them are also modified very well for off road use. Here is one which i had clicked in my office parking lot.

New Toyota Fortuner caught on test in Thailand-hilux.jpg
Old 25th April 2015, 11:20   #97
BHPian

Engine details for the Hilux (and thus Fortuner/Innova) have been leaked. All new GD-FTV series diesel to replace the current KD-FTV series:
  • 1GD-FTV VN — 2.8-litre four-cylinder intercooled turbocharged diesel engine that produces 132kW of power and 450Nm of torque between 1600 – 2400rpm when mated to a six-speed automatic transmission. When mated to the six-speed manual transmission, the torque figure drops to 420Nm of torque between 1600 – 2600rpm.
  • 2GD-FTV VN — 2.4-litre four-cylinder intercooled turbocharged diesel engine that produces 125kW of power and 400Nm of torque between 1600rpm – 2400rpm when matched to a six-speed automatic transmission. The same engine when paired with a five-speed manual transmission drops torque output to 343Nm of torque between 1400 – 3400rpm.
  • 2TR-FE — 2.7-litre four-cylinder naturally aspirated petrol engine that produces 116kW of power and produces 240Nm of torque at 3800rpm. It’s unclear which transmissions will be available with this engine. Given the power output hasn’t changed, it’s likely that it will retain the existing five-speed manual and four-speed automatic transmissions.

New Toyota Fortuner caught on test in Thailand-2016toyotahiluxenginedetails768x1024.jpg

Source: CarAdvice and IAB
sarthakgupta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2015, 12:10   #98
Distinguished - BHPian

Engine Specs;

New Toyota Fortuner caught on test in Thailand-engine-specs.jpg

Points to Note:
1) Engine downsized from existing 2.5L & 3L to 2.4L & 2.8L
2) 6 speed M/T
3) A/T gearbox options get more torques than M/T
4) Throttle maps (Eco, Power)

Source
karan561 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th April 2015, 12:19   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarthakgupta View Post
[*]2TR-FE — 2.7-litre four-cylinder naturally aspirated petrol engine that produces 116kW of power and produces 240Nm of torque at 3800rpm. It’s unclear which transmissions will be available with this engine. Given the power output hasn’t changed, it’s likely that it will retain the existing five-speed manual and four-speed automatic transmissions.
[/list]
That's totally strange, as in the GCC the current Hilux come with a 5 speed AT in the 2.7 ltr petrol engine 4x4 variant.
Old 25th April 2015, 14:47   #100
Distinguished - BHPian

Interesting, though it still is matter of wonder what the Innova gets.

But the biggest doubt of mine is, whats with this the slim 10 BHP difference betwen the 2.4 and 2.8l versions.
The earlier KD-FTV was notoriously under stressed, given the engine size but in this case, the 2.8 doesn't offer anything much more, whereas the 2.4 looks way more practical and useful than the 2.8

Though i am pretty sure that the Innova will be even more under stressed with maybe 120 something BHP.
Old 27th April 2015, 21:06   #101
Distinguished - BHPian

Snapped up close;

New Toyota Fortuner caught on test in Thailand-imageuploadedbyteambhp1430149001.727786.jpg

Source: http://www.headlightmag.com/webboard...html#msg738647
karan561 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th April 2015, 22:29   #102
BANNED

With the tape masking above the number plate, it looks like a chevy logo! :P
Old 28th April 2015, 09:31   #103
Senior - BHPian

From the photos, it sure looks that T-Fort has grown up and will be a very much improved vehicle from the current model.

Interiors of the T-Fort gets biggest attention from Toyota and will be much better than the current model.

As per my visits to Toyota in Qatar and Kuwait, T-Fort and Hilux will not be twins anymore, they will have different facial features and one can really tell them apart.

Interiors have also been worked upon to keep them different from Innova (biggest complaint from us Indians).

If I have the choice, I would have T-Fort for the family use and Hilux for my work.
Old 28th April 2015, 09:45   #104
Distinguished - BHPian

Caught testing in Thailand, along with the Hilux:

RavenAvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2015, 09:27   #105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Caught testing in Thailand, along with the Hilux:

Thanks for the photos.

To me, Hilux has become wider compared to the current model. The cargo door coming with a central door handle will be a very convenient feature.

Attached Thumbnails
New Toyota Fortuner caught on test in Thailand-x2016_toyota_hilux_spy_photos_1_jpg_pagespeed_ic_tzya5cwjzmzlqkoajg4x.jpg  

Last edited by Parm : 29th April 2015 at 09:47.
Parm is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks