Porsche Macan SUV launched in India @ Rs. 1 crore-macan_0.jpg

Price:
Turbo Petrol - INR 1.11 Crore.
S Diesel - INR Rs 1 Crore.

0 to 100 kmph:
Turbo Petrol - 4.8 Sec.
S Diesel - 6.1 Sec.

Standard Features:
- Air suspension system with ride height adjustment.
- Fully variable all-wheel drive.
- Lighting package.
- Bi-xenon headlamps.
- Three-zone climate control.
- Electronically operated tailgate.

All the best !

Source - http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...w/38821594.cms

Last edited by Rehaan : 23rd July 2014 at 20:28. Reason: Adding pic
MunnabhaiMBBS is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2014, 09:13   #2
Team-BHP Support

Re: Porsche Macan - baby SUV coupe'

Launched , Expensive than Cayenne

Porsche, a leading German sports car maker and part of the Volkswagen group on Monday launched its much awaited compact SUV Macan in India. .
The compact SUV which is available in the petrol and diesel variants has been fully sold out globally and has been fully booked in India.

While Macan Turbo petrol costs 1.11 crore, the diesel variant Macan S is priced at 1 crore.

http://epaperbeta.timesofindia.com/A...22072014005040

Last edited by Turbanator : 22nd July 2014 at 09:15.
Turbanator is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2014, 08:19   #3
Senior - BHPian

That's ridiculous! For all its brilliance, how can it be more expensive than the Cayenne?

Porsche India is clearly gunning for the heart of some love-stricken souls! Too bad Porsche!
deetjohn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2014, 12:26   #4
BHPian

only hope is the on going EU-FTA negotiation leading to lowered CBU Duties ... that and then the manufacturers passing on the benefits ...

I guess Cayenne is a better bigger buy for those wishing for Macan !
harpreetkanwar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th July 2014, 01:08   #5
BHPian

Re: Porsche Macan SUV launched in India @ Rs. 1 crore

I really don't understand what Porsche has done here. The Macan S diesel is stupidly priced. In the UK its priced 27% cheaper than the Macan turbo, whereas here its only 10% cheaper. Power is also down from 258 HP to 245 HP in the Indian car. So basically if you add 4,33,000 to the Macan S diesel's price, you can get the Cayenne S diesel which has more power at 382 HP, bigger in size and better acceleration from 0-100. The price of the Macan S diesel makes no sense unless the car has a lot of standard options, which Porsche charges for otherwise.
Shivjeet is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th July 2014, 10:06   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harpreetkanwar View Post

only hope is the on going EU-FTA negotiation leading to lowered CBU Duties ... that and then the manufacturers passing on the benefits ...
I think its fairly certain that the negotiations will go through, our agricultural and textile industries are in dire need of it. The problem is the automobile manufacturers. They have just gotten greedy and have found that money is cheap in India. As long as people go on paying whatever price they are charging, the manufacturers will happily play the large margin small volume game. Even if they reduce prices, do not expect any sort of fair reduction, they'd do it just to play on Indian psyches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivjeet View Post
I really don't understand what Porsche has done here. The Macan S diesel is stupidly priced. In the UK its priced 27% cheaper than the Macan turbo, whereas here its only 10% cheaper. Power is also down from 258 HP to 245 HP in the Indian car. So basically if you add 4,33,000 to the Macan S diesel's price, you can get the Cayenne S diesel which has more power at 382 HP, bigger in size and better acceleration from 0-100. The price of the Macan S diesel makes no sense unless the car has a lot of standard options, which Porsche charges for otherwise.
I think this is just a matter of Porsche doing what Range Rover has done in the middle east by charging more for the RR sport than the regular RR. They are testing the waters and seeing if their marketing can manage to create niche which can be exploited for larger profit margins.
imp! is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th July 2014, 10:44   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by imp! View Post
I think this is just a matter of Porsche doing what Range Rover has done in the middle east by charging more for the RR sport than the regular RR. They are testing the waters and seeing if their marketing can manage to create niche which can be exploited for larger profit margins.
I think you are right. I guess hoping that they launch down the stripped down version of this car once more cars come out the lepzig facility is another thing.

When would the next lot be expected since the current one's sold out !

that or automotive FTA with benefits to the end user !! PLEASE ! I want the Macan S Diesel Desperately ..... just bring it down to 80 L lol. I dont like the Cayenne.

Last edited by Rehaan : 24th July 2014 at 12:46. Reason: Fixing quote
harpreetkanwar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th July 2014, 11:24   #8
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
That's ridiculous! For all its brilliance, how can it be more expensive than the Cayenne?
Is it because they have more variants on the Cayenne, whereas for the Macan its only the S Diesel and the Turbo? And I guess the Cayenne is due for a refresh later this year, and the facelift will surely add-on to the current price tag.
vb-saan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th July 2014, 14:26   #9
BHPian

Do Note that Porsche have launched a fully loaded Macan at 1cr with most of the optional extras which are missing on the Cayenne Base Model.

The Standard equipment includes adaptive air suspension with adjustable ride height, adaptive bi-xenon headlamps, sports exhaust, three-zone automatic climate control, an electrically operated tailgate and all the media and connectivity options you’d expect.

Adding all this to the base Cayenne, for instance, would easily add more than a million rupees to its price.

But I simply don't understand why would anyone pay more for a smaller car (Cayenne>Macan). Keep the optional extras aside Id still choose the Cayenne anyday which has more road presence, is roomier, drives better, than paying more for a car thats No bigger than the Q5 and costs more than double.

However Porsche have already sold out their allocated Macan's for India.

Last edited by Y@SH : 24th July 2014 at 14:31.
Y@SH is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th July 2014, 14:42   #10
BHPian

Hello, is that Jaguar-Land Rover India?

I'd like a Range Rover Evoque please. Prestige Trim in Mauritius Blue. Yes, loaded with all extras. How much? Just 80 big ones you say? Excellent!

Thank you very much!

Job done. Deal closed. Take a lesson Porsche.
Even though you've got a fancy badge, doesn't mean you can go around charging a fortune for stuff that should not be expensive, and was launched as a segment filler.

sourav9385 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th July 2014, 18:09   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y@SH View Post
Do Note However Porsche have already sold out their allocated Macan's for India.
Is this actually true? Not a bad job by Porsche convincing customers to shell out so much more when one would get so much less. Howcome pre-bookings were never announced?
Fullrevs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2014, 18:55   #12
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullrevs View Post
Is this actually true? Not a bad job by Porsche convincing customers to shell out so much more when one would get so much less. Howcome pre-bookings were never announced?
This is rarely ever any announcement of pre-booking for these higher end cars. Porsche has this strategy of creating hype over scarcity, the allocation are minimal and hence they pressure customers to pre-book with hefty deposits. Almost makes you feel like they are doing you a favour by giving you a car in the first few lots.

I had a personal experience on this about two years ago when the Cayanne Diesel S was launched internationally so soon enough I contacted some of the top bosses at Porsche Mumbai to get details on the car and if I could pre-book. I was told that for the first lot only two Cayanne Diesel S were coming of which one was booked by the dealership owner and second one I could book. They had no information on the cars standard features, price or date of delivery. Instead I was told to pay 20 lakhs right away if I want to pre-book the car or it will be gone to another customer and delivery will be after 6 months minimum! I was put off by their high headedness and never considered a Porsche since.
Sahil is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th July 2014, 19:48   #13
BHPian

I did expect the Macan turbo to be around 1 crore, but not the diesel one.
But then again the Macan is the best driving SUV that has ever been made. Period. Journalists say its more of a sports car on stilts than an actual SUV. They say the Macan makes other SUVs look like puddings. So maybe there is some real depth to this car that we are all overlooking just because of the price? And again the high price can be due to the fact that it is a fully loaded car. Germans are known to go crazy with the options list.
Old 24th July 2014, 20:03   #14
BHPian

OT : On the lighter side - The Macan costs as much as a Makaan (Hindi for "house') at 1 crore plus .

Also the point to be noted is that must be the first time in India where the diesel version of a vehicle is priced lower than the petrol version. Maybe Porsche could use this as a marketing cue.
Rajeev1 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th July 2014, 21:04   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeev1 View Post
OT :
Also the point to be noted is that must be the first time in India where the diesel version of a vehicle is priced lower than the petrol version. Maybe Porsche could use this as a marketing cue.
It is not at all a surprise the diesel costs less than the petrol cars.
The Macan diesel cannot even be compared to its petrol siblings. The petrol cars are on an entirely different performance level.
Diesel is being offered for those who need good mileage and which I will admit is what most people care about and is going to buy anyway. But those guys really are going to miss out a lot just for fuel economy!

Here are the power figures.

Macan diesel- 248 bhp

Macan S- 340 bhp

Macan Turbo- 400 bhp

It is not at all a surprise the diesel costs less than the petrol cars.

Note: Also the Op says the petrol Macan is priced at 1.10 cr. Is this the Macan S or the top of the line Macan Turbo?
nakul0888 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks