Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd August 2014, 19:16   #151
BHPian

Re: 2014 Fiat Punto Evo : A Close Look

Is it me or the Evo and New I20 have a similar face ?

Has this been already discussed ?
Attached Images

Slick is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2014, 22:46   #152
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
The problem for them is, more enthusiasts are running to other cars than the Linea & Punto. Clearly, even the 'enthusiast' is finding better options elsewhere.

The lack of direction further shows in how they miss offering something for the enthusiasts. The Punto is ready, the T-Jet engine is ready....which genius hasn't mated the two yet?
Couldn't have said it better! It will require genius to ignore the possibility.

Putting aside any reference to FIAT after sales as nothing less than, for the lack of a better word, a holocaust, I have been putting aside money for a Punto T-Jet for as long as I can remember.

Unless they plonk the T-Jet in the Punto, I am not even remotely considering FIAT as my next car.
sourav21 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2014, 15:26   #153
BHPian

Totally agree. I am also waiting for a TJet Punto. But Fiat is forcing people like us to look to other brands by not giving this option.
Old 3rd August 2014, 16:23   #154
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvm_1986 View Post
Totally agree. I am also waiting for a TJet Punto. But Fiat is forcing people like us to look to other brands by not giving this option.
And what other brands would those be? I am pretty sure fiat would not capture market with a turbocharged petrol.
Petrolheads are a dying breed.
extreme_torque is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2014, 17:05   #155
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvm_1986 View Post
Although I too would have appreciated Fiat if they were to launch the Punto with new set of Engines including the 1.6 MJD and the twinAir or at least the T-Jet, we have to understand that the present market condition including the dismal sales of Fiat coupled with company reputation in the market; do not permit such a step.
Introduction of engine range and newer models will stretch the precious resources of the Fiat India to its limits, and Fiat is playing it safe not to do so. Fiat India is at a very difficult position in India. It does not have any car models in the budget segment, while it’s “premium segment” Punto does not live up to its premium tag.
Old 3rd August 2014, 19:42   #156
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_myth View Post
Introduction of engine range and newer models will stretch the precious resources of the Fiat India to its limits, and Fiat is playing it safe not to do so.
Please tell me.... wouldn't launching a 20 lakh plus Abarth 500 be more taxing on the company than just putting the existing T-Jet in the existing Punto?
sourav21 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2014, 19:48   #157
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick View Post
Short answer, its you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourav21 View Post
Please tell me.... wouldn't launching a 20 lakh plus Abarth 500 be more taxing on the company than just putting the existing T-Jet in the existing Punto?
No it won't be more taxing to bring an import or a CKD vs plonking the T-Jet in locally made Punto, plus apart for few users here, I don't see a market for T-Jet Punto as those who so desperately love the T-Jet would go for the Linea (i.e. almost 90% of perspective buyers).

Fiat desperately needs to bring new products and not just cosmetic mod jobs. Look how Duster changed things for Renault. Similarly they need to bring 1.6 MJD, automatic diesels and capture market that has a lot of potential.

What are the chances that bumper/light/interior jobs of age old products going to bring them success? ZERO, ZILCH, NADA!

Last edited by aseem : 3rd August 2014 at 20:04.
aseem is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2014, 21:49   #158
BHPian

Why has Fiat chosen to go with Goodyear Duraplus tyres? I wonder what'd be the effect on the driving dynamics of the car with these tyres?

Duraplus is not available in R15 size as per Goodyear India website.

Quote:
donzerus is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2014, 21:57   #159
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick View Post

Has this been already discussed ?
This is what happens if you are a slow poke. Not every time does the turtle win against the Hare!

The scoops and renderings of the new Punto has been doing rounds all over the media for too long.
The Avventura concept launch received very good responses from many including many traditional "Fiat bashers".
Can't say for sure if Hyundai have actually took inspiration from that, but from the surface, seems Hyundai was quick to catch these good responses and incorporate the "Reindeer headlamps" (As Fiat call it) into the new i20

And now we have both the cars launching in a space of one week! (Punto on the 5th and i20 on the 11th)

Last edited by hemanth.anand : 3rd August 2014 at 21:59.
hemanth.anand is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2014, 22:31   #160
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourav21 View Post

I wonder why everyone is talking about plonking the T Jet into the punto. But whats up with the linea T jet. Is it setting the charts on fire ! I bet even if punto comes with the 1.5 MJD, there is stiff competition now with Polo. And both combined together cant give swift a run. So what is the saving grace for Punto. Nothing. So why are we yearning for the new engines !
Rubbertramps is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th August 2014, 00:13   #161
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubbertramps View Post
I bet even if punto comes with the 1.5 MJD, there is stiff competition now with Polo. And both combined together cant give swift a run. So what is the saving grace for Punto. Nothing. So why are we yearning for the new engines !
Agree with you. IMO when Fiat decided to go alone in India and started settling up dealerships, they should have come up with couple of fresh cars. Those new cars along with new dealership openings could have created little bit of positive buzz and today they could have been found competing with VW but they missed the opportunity due to their 'play-safe' kind of road-map.

But then Fiat's is struggling to hold respectable positions in most other parts of the world too so bringing new products also wasn't a guarantee of success for a brand like them.

Coming onto Punto, I haven't heard if there is any new generation of Punto launched or going to be launched anywhere in the world. Its been too long since Punto had been launched, too long by today's standards where most of the manufacturers revise their cars within 5-6 years but we are yet to hear about new generation Punto.

If there is any new generation Punto on the cards then it will be another good opportunity (I don't want to take risk of calling it last opportunity in this thread ) for Fiat that hey bring that with suitable power-train combination this time in India.

Last edited by tbppjpr : 4th August 2014 at 00:20.
Old 4th August 2014, 16:17   #162
Senior - BHPian

My personal opinion is that - the old car looked so much better!
The new one wears too much chrome i have to say.
And also, it looked to me like it's suspension is jacked up?
I recollect little bit, when Fiat revamped the palio, they had jacked up the suspension, and spoiled the great planted looks of the old palio. They have done the same thing again?
Old 4th August 2014, 18:49   #163
BHPian

This is what the new Punto Evo website will look like. Also, there are some features of the car which will be highlighted.
2014 Fiat Punto Evo : A Close Look-main.jpg
2014 Fiat Punto Evo : A Close Look-last.jpg
2014 Fiat Punto Evo : A Close Look-int4.jpg
2014 Fiat Punto Evo : A Close Look-int1.jpg
2014 Fiat Punto Evo : A Close Look-int2.jpg
2014 Fiat Punto Evo : A Close Look-int3.jpg
2014 Fiat Punto Evo : A Close Look-ext1.jpg

2014 Fiat Punto Evo : A Close Look-2.jpg
2014 Fiat Punto Evo : A Close Look-3.jpg
2014 Fiat Punto Evo : A Close Look-4.jpg
2014 Fiat Punto Evo : A Close Look-5.jpg
2014 Fiat Punto Evo : A Close Look-6.jpg
2014 Fiat Punto Evo : A Close Look-7.jpg
2014 Fiat Punto Evo : A Close Look-8.jpg
2014 Fiat Punto Evo : A Close Look-9.jpg

Source: TeamFiat
damager21 is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 5th August 2014, 13:15   #164
BHPian

Fiat has launched the all new Punto Evo at an amazing price. The car looks smashing and undercuts Polo pricing in a big way, specially the diesel variant pricing!

Name:  Fiat Punto Evo pricing.png
Views: 5690
Size:  12.5 KB
(all prices ex-showroom Delhi)

The Avventura will be launched in the next 60 days.

2014 Fiat Punto Evo : A Close Look-img20140805wa0033.jpg
2014 Fiat Punto Evo : A Close Look-img20140805wa0034.jpg
2014 Fiat Punto Evo : A Close Look-img20140805wa0040.jpg

Source: TeamFiat

Last edited by damager21 : 5th August 2014 at 13:28.
damager21 is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 5th August 2014, 13:25   #165
Senior - BHPian

Good competitive pricing. The prices remain more or the same. Glad that Fiat dint increase the prices.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks