Team-BHP - 2014 Fiat Punto Evo : A Close Look
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   2014 Fiat Punto Evo : A Close Look (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/153673-2014-fiat-punto-evo-close-look-36.html)

Fiat has launched the limited edition Punto Sportivo at a price of Rs. 7,10,000 (ex-showroom, Delhi).

The Sportivo is based on the Active trim level of the Punto Evo diesel and comes with cosmetic enhancements and more features. These include a dual tone colour scheme (red body and white roof), Sportivo decals, rear spoiler, chrome inserts on the ORVMs, new 15-inch alloy wheels and rear parking sensors.

On the inside, the Sportivo gets door sills with Fiat branding, seat covers and floor mats with Fiat branding. The car also gets a 6.5-inch touchscreen Infotainment system.

There are no mechanical changes to the Sportivo. It is powered by the same 1.3-litre MultiJet diesel engine that puts out 74 BHP. The engine is mated to a 5-speed manual gearbox.

2014 Fiat Punto Evo : A Close Look-punto-sportivo.jpg

2014 Fiat Punto Evo : A Close Look-punto-sportivo-alloy-wheels.jpg

2014 Fiat Punto Evo : A Close Look-punto-sportivo-sporty-rv-mirrors.jpg

2014 Fiat Punto Evo : A Close Look-punto-sportivo-rear-sensors.jpg

2014 Fiat Punto Evo : A Close Look-punto-sportivo-new-seats.jpg

2014 Fiat Punto Evo : A Close Look-punto-sportivo-infotainment-system.jpg

is that HU available as an extra?

Quote:

with Bluetooth streaming
This caught my eye. Is there any way to flash the software in the Blue and Me system that came with Punto Evo to support streaming via A2DP? Looks like this is also a Windows based system.

Quote:

Originally Posted by prkiran (Post 3836951)
This caught my eye. Is there any way to flash the software in the Blue and Me system that came with Punto Evo to support streaming via A2DP? Looks like this is also a Windows based system.

I am told it is not possible. Blue & me compatible hardware cannot accommodate UConnect which can stream Bluetooth audio.

I would be happy if this is possible any which way.

Quote:

Originally Posted by deathwalkr (Post 3836942)
is that HU available as an extra?

Guess its the same,

http://www.virtueindia.in/product/in...or-linea-2014/

Wow. Those are a hell lot of features for an entry level variant.
Considering MS's festive Limited Edition Variants, Fiat has just put a cat amongst pigeons.

I just contacted the Fiat Sky Moto service station in Akurdi, Pune.
The person in charge of accessories confirmed that, all the accessories in Sportivo will be available for Punto Evo owner's for purchase within a month.

I am so interested in that 6.5 inch touch screen unit.

Quote:

Originally Posted by i74js (Post 3836985)
I am told it is not possible. Blue & me compatible hardware cannot accommodate UConnect which can stream Bluetooth audio.

I would be happy if this is possible any which way.

Just get a bluetooth audio dongle for Rs 275. It plugs into the USB port of your system (for power) and into the AUX in port (for audio). I use it in my car with my old-ish, non-bluetooth system, it works perfectly. This particular device doesn't have a mic but you can get dongles that do.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pixantz (Post 3831165)
You did fine with everything in the Punto. Only, next time, after pressing 'Auto', try to keep your initial temp settings to the lowest for starters. It should show "Low" or "Cold" or "Coldest" or something in those terms. This should automatically turn up your Fan speed to highest too. Check that you circulation mode is set to 'Re-circulation'. Now wait on until you start feeling cold enough so that you want to turn up the temp dial. You can now adjust to somewhere around 23-24 deg on the temp dial.

If you don't find the need to raise the temp after say, 10 minutes or so, your A/c needs some looking into by a technician. Or you have a high metabolism rate or high blood pressure or some other health problem which I hope not. Best of luck.

Alas, I tried that today. I can feel chilling air coming out of the air-con when I was adjusting the vents, but then even after 10min of bearing with the blower at full blast, the cabin just doesn't feel cool. At 15 degrees, I'd say it should be chilling. It's just moderately cool.
I set it to 're-circulation' too.
I stepped out of the car, went around feeling along the door edges to see if any air is leaking :eek:
I'll be out of Pune for about 3 weeks. So probably I'll get it checked at the service station once I'm back.
The last time I went home, I was asked to get it checked at a local expert in my hometown, but then I turned down that suggestion as I'm not sure if they'll be confident working on such a system.

It works okay for now; but it's not satisfactory. Let me know of any other suggestions/advice.

Thanks,
Ravi

Quote:

Originally Posted by rav11stars (Post 3837645)
It works okay for now; but it's not satisfactory. Let me know of any other suggestions/advice.

Thanks,
Ravi

Get the AC gas checked, it might be lower thus impacting the cooling part. If you set the vents to blow direct to your face you might not have felt the difference, but others in the cabin/rest of cabin feeling hot is a definite symptom.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SunnyBoi (Post 3837648)
Get the AC gas checked, it might be lower thus impacting the cooling part. If you set the vents to blow direct to your face you might not have felt the difference, but others in the cabin/rest of cabin feeling hot is a definite symptom.

Yep, I'll surely get that checked. It's not that we're feeling hot, but with the temp at 16 degrees, it just doesn't feel as chilly as you'd expect from 16 degrees. It's cool, but not cold.
I'll get it checked and will update.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rav11stars (Post 3837654)
Yep, I'll surely get that checked. It's not that we're feeling hot, but with the temp at 16 degrees, it just doesn't feel as chilly as you'd expect from 16 degrees. It's cool, but not cold.
I'll get it checked and will update.

That's definitely reduced AC Gas. If you don't trust the FASS, ask any AC gas guy to just check the pressure in your AC system. He can just connect a meter and check the levels. If its low and car in warranty, do not just let the FASS top it up. Insist that they find the source of the leak as well.

Quote:

Alas, I tried that today. I can feel chilling air coming out of the air-con when I was adjusting the vents, but then even after 10min of bearing with the blower at full blast, the cabin just doesn't feel cool. At 15 degrees, I'd say it should be chilling. It's just moderately cool.

Thanks,
Ravi

Well, well.

It seems like you're not the only one who's experiencing this "Cool while it's running, and immediately warm when switched off" effect. All this while I thought it to be normal until I sat in a swift which had a manual AC. At full blast and the dial fully turned to the left, it chilled me to the bone!!

Keep us posted on your findings, Ravi. Meanwhile, I will also try full blast at the 16 and see what the results are.

Quote:

I set it to 're-circulation' too.
I stepped out of the car, went around feeling along the door edges to see if any air is leaking :eek:
I'll be out of Pune for about 3 weeks. So probably I'll get it checked at the service station once I'm back.
The last time I went home, I was asked to get it checked at a local expert in my hometown, but then I turned down that suggestion as I'm not sure if they'll be confident working on such a system.

Thanks,
Ravi

Get a grill temperature reading done by a technician to see how much is the actual temp at the vents where the air comes out. It should be between 2deg to around 6-8 deg. If the temp never comes down to this range you probably have less gas or need a filter cleaning or service.

Does your ac work satisfactorily in 'Manual' mode? If yes then you have a software problem which controls the ac with the help of the 3 sensors in Auto mode. Be sure you don't have some decorative stuffs like extra matting or rug or cover on top of the dash where one of the ac sensors are placed( the sunlight sensor behind the meter console or at center of dash in the middle by the glass).

Other malfunctions would be the Temperature door malfunction which is a part in the system which regulates the output of cold and hot air by mixing the two. This is software controlled in Auto mode(with help from the 3 sensors mentioned above) and in manual it works according to the temp you set on the dial. Causes could be software glitch or the door being physically stuck or a faulty motor which controls it. All these things also could apply to the fresh air re-circulation module which could also develop the same problems like the temperature door and is also controlled separately but via the similar processes.

All this complex things are best checked by a good ac technician.

Quote:

Well, well.

It seems like you're not the only one who's experiencing this "Cool while it's running, and immediately warm when switched off" effect. All this while I thought it to be normal until I sat in a swift which had a manual AC. At full blast and the dial fully turned to the left, it chilled me to the bone!!

Even with the Punto Evo 1.2 Active with manual AC, its the same story. When the AC is on, the cabin feels cooler, switch it off and within next 2 minutes i start feeling warm!

Just couldn't get the hang of this! Am keen to understand and see if there is any solution for this issue.

Well, one reason might be the huge windshield that offers a large area for heating up.

But despite that, what you guys describe seems wrong. I would suggest you get the AC plumbing and the gas level checked by a competent FNG.