Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd December 2017, 00:02   #601
BHPian

Re: 2014 Fiat Punto Evo : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss11011988 View Post
On another note, came across this news in multiple sites stating that FCA India would be stopping the domestic sales of the Fiat brand to focus more on the Jeep brand
Wow; and as if on cue, the thought was running on my mind, especially after coming back from the sole Fiat dealership here today. This is real sad if it turns out to be true.

Some background:
Wifey decided to change her company leased Eon (lease just ended) and we are in the market for a suitable upgrade. In fact, she was the one to suggest the Punto, during shortlisting, which I'd frankly discounted assuming she wouldn't prefer a Fiat! However, she was completely sold on it after the TD; in her own words - "I couldn't feel this 'connect' with even the Eon in all these 4 years!"

Anyway, so we decided to trade in the Eon and book the Punto (Evo Emotion) and the color of choice was Branzo Tan. The year end factor didn't matter too as we were fine to get one this month, if available. However, upon my interaction with the SA today, that plan seems to have gone for a toss! Excerpts from the discussion:
1. Production already stopped for this year; no new cars will be manufactured until production resumes, probably by Jan 2018 end, which means possible deliveries will only be possible in Feb 2018
2. No Branzo Tan Emotion versions available, only couple of Grey ones are available at the factory, that too Apr 2017 manufactured, are up for grabs.
3. It just feels like they are now more interested in selling Jeep than Fiat.
4. There were times when he even said, the color might even be stopped altogether.
5. I also got a feeling that, it just doesn't matter to them now if they're able to sell off the remaining 2017 inventory, as typically you'd expect them to sweeten the deal, given this time of the year; I really wasn't impressed on what they offered.

Would really help if this development could be confirmed some way?!
Even if they announce it sometime next year, don't want to end up with a new car, without any ASS to take care of it!!
avinash_m is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2017, 18:00   #602
BHPian

Fiat closes it’s factory in December every year for maintenance and the production resume in January.

Most of the times the dealers miscommunicates about fresh stock not in production as the staff is in severe pressure to clear the existing inventory.

If you are so much hooked on to Punto then wait till January. As per my understanding they will not shut shop on brand Fiat.. its just the tranisition phase and they are here to stay.
kapilsharma80 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2017, 22:46   #603
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapilsharma80 View Post
Fiat closes it’s factory in December..
Thanks for the info Kapil!

Quote:
Most of the times the dealers miscommunicates about fresh stock not in production as the staff is in severe pressure to clear the existing inventory.
If you are so much hooked on to Punto then wait till January. As per my understanding they will not shut shop on brand Fiat.. its just the tranisition phase and they are here to stay.
While I understand the part about dealers being under pressure, it actually felt the other way round; as in, 'take it or leave it' kind of offer! They could've tried convincing me to go for the grey itself; which they didn't do?!
This along with the published articles, is really not helping me decide in Fiat's favor, no matter how much we love the car! It's now come down to re-evaluating some options (Figo etc.), which we'd rejected initially.
Old 15th December 2017, 16:17   #604
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avinash_m View Post
While I understand the part about dealers being under pressure, it actually felt the other way round; as in, 'take it or leave it' kind of offer! They could've tried convincing me to go for the grey itself; which they didn't do?
I guess that's very FIAT too. I remembered 2 yrs. back I was in a similar situation as yours. Second car for wife and she only liked Punto after dozen TDs.
We went back to the dealership second time with the down payment in hand and they said the prices have increased since the last time i.e. about 20 days since we first spoke. We didn't like the idea (of increased pricing) and they simply let us go. We were a bit shocked, no free accessories, no alternative offers (which they could've done) given. After all we were a customer with cash in hand.
They eventually called back and we managed to negotiate to our expectation. But again everything was forgotten when we got the car. No major issues with the dealership since then as well.

Last edited by ampere : 29th May 2018 at 18:15. Reason: Trimmed quoted post
Old 29th May 2018, 15:55   #605

Is Fiat Pulling the Plug on its Punto EVO petrol (All variants) and Diesel (Active and Dynamic Variants)? I was in the market to buy a new car and contacted two of the only FIAT showrooms in Hyderabad to get a quote for FIat Punto Evo petrol / Diesel active variants. To my surprise, both the dealers informed me that FIAT has stopped the production of Punto Petrol all variants and Diesel-Active and Dynamic variants.

I did not find any official announcement from Fiat regarding this anywhere. So I thought this would be the right forum to raise this question. Does anybody know about this news or is it dealers playing around here in my city.

I checked the Fiat online site and I see Petrol (Dynamic) and Diesel (all variants) listed out there.

In case this post does not fit here, I request the admin to place this as appropriate.

Karthik.
Old 29th May 2018, 17:06   #606
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikRaj View Post
Is Fiat Pulling the Plug on its Punto EVO petrol (All variants) and Diesel (Active and Dynamic Variants)? ............
Hi,

You can find the list of the cars stocked at Fiat currently, on the link given below:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...review-41.html

On older stocks you can negotiate a good discount,

Happy Hunting!
Old 29th May 2018, 17:41   #607

Quote:
Originally Posted by Williams_f1 View Post
You can find the list of the cars stocked at Fiat currently, on the link given below
Thanks, Williams_F1. Even the list you shared has only diesel Punto EVO variants listed. I was trying to understand whether Fiat announced that they will be discontinuing their Petrol variants. If you notice even the Diesel Active model is not listed in the stock list! I would expect a big car maker to announce in case they are discontinuing their models.

Not sure If have missed their announcement though!!

Last edited by ampere : 29th May 2018 at 18:15. Reason: Trimmed quoted post

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks