Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th July 2006, 12:36   #31
DRC
BHPian

but interesting...
When I went to ave a look at the Skoda rider, at Tafe access, they had a car for display, but no test drive. Those huys didn't seem to believe, I am looking for a car. One sales guy swtiched on the engine insde the display area to show me how silent the engine was. when I asked him to switch on the AC, he was quick to switch the engine off and said, "AC gas would cause suffocation in the room" . It is sad that the dealers think the customers have so much money but no brain, while their brain is visible inside out!
Old 25th July 2006, 12:38   #32
BANNED

Oh JOY.. the HEARD MENTALITY is alive and kicking still.. WHOOPIE!
Incase people didn't get it I Was being SARKY.
How come this is happening only up north? I'm pretty sure that there are more Skoda's in Bombay than in Ludhiana.. I dont see any DHARNA outside Autobahn or Autograph or any other Skoda dealer?
And.. here's the kicker... has everyone forgotten the attitude of ALL CAR DEALERS after 26/7 last year.. didn't see any DHARNA's that time either...
Just a couple of things that make you go HMMMMMMMM!!!!!
Old 25th July 2006, 12:43   #33
Team-BHP Support

Hey DRC, I had the same experience when I went for a test drive of the Superb. Aditya and me decided to take a drive of the newly launched (at that time) Superb. However the dealer did not have their test car on site at the time. Or so they said. They claimed the Superb parked there was a customers car.

But, they did offer us a test drive of the Rider and promised to call us when the Superb was in. Never did get that call!

In all my years of going to different dealers, be it maruti for my 800, GM for my Astra and Skoda, I have yet to come across a authorised dealer I actually liked. Each one is terrible. Probably for no fault of their own at times because I am a bit too finicky over even the small things which mainstream dealers tend to ignore.
Old 25th July 2006, 12:43   #34
BHPian

Somebody wrote on these forums that you cannot buy happiness by spending too much money. This appears to be so true ! People who spend so much naturally expect best services. But it was well known earlier as well "to All" that Skoda maintenance is costly. That's nothing new. So I do not expect anything from the Fabia launch as well. It's going to be the same old story again.

Spending too much money on depreciating assets like cars is again a debatable topic. The below thread is an eye opener :
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ashy-cars.html

Besides Dharnas will most likely not result in better maintenance plans by Skoda or for any matter any other International company. These plans can be made a reality only by long term plannings and by drafting and executing planning strategies and business plans for external markets at a very senior level of management and I see this unlikely to be happening. These companies are here only to earn a quick buck from us Indians by throwing old models. Somebody wrote on these forms that even Corolla sold in India does not have a significant market outside India. Even if they are old models still they must be reliable to create and expand new markets. What strategies they have ! I must say. Why do these companies take Indians for granted ? On the contrary to build life long markets, they needed to bring quality products requiring least maintenance. The long term strategies are missing for Skodas and others.

We all need to think before spending so much. Honestly.
Old 25th July 2006, 13:12   #35
Senior - BHPian

Tech , I agree with you . On the contrary you cannot blame manufacturers wholly . If you take new banking services , there are many hidden cost thats actually never brough to customers knowledge...but as a customer if he is sharp enough he will do his homework before making a decision . Indians were taken for granted but right now Indians are so aware of whats happening around the globe especially through forums like this and Auto Magazines that are going global that I dont think they are at the same time you cannot expect us to have eveyrthing new as we wont be able to afford it . We are on a route to become a developed country we are not yet a developed country..

Now about SKoda , Many known to me use it but none seem to be worried about maintanence , all are very happy about their cars . I tried telling them ...and finally I sent a link of one of the discussion from this forum . One of my friend after having read through it.. who has done almost a lac in 2 years is having second thoughts about keeping it any longer .
They need to loacalise parts a bit more atleast parts that has to be changed in the routine services but then I dont think they will be able to maintain similar levels of quality which is Skoda's inherent strength or what people percieve its Strength to be.
Old 25th July 2006, 13:22   #36
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2L8uLoose
Oh JOY.. the HEARD MENTALITY is alive and kicking still.. WHOOPIE!
Incase people didn't get it I Was being SARKY.
How come this is happening only up north? I'm pretty sure that there are more Skoda's in Bombay than in Ludhiana.. I dont see any DHARNA outside !!!
Hey, It was Panjab that started the big skoda drive in this country ... this state alone sold more cars than all the other states put together so I suggest u check the figures ..... !!! Also the panjabi's may have more ***** to stand up to a dealer/company they think is short changing them ... whereas a lot of other towns may have a one off instance and it doesnt go reported as the individual doesnt make a big hoo - haa about it and accepts it with a silent heart ...

Could be thousnads of reasons .... but definitely cant be any smoke with out a fire or maybe you think so .... !!!!

Cheers
Old 25th July 2006, 13:46   #37
BANNED

True. I know lots of pissed off Skoda owners in Mumbai, but life in general out here has become such a pain that car problems are just slotted somewhere in the long list, along with heavy flooding, bad roads, bomb blasts, leptospirosis and shiv sena.
Old 25th July 2006, 14:25   #38
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaadu75
Hey, It was Panjab that started the big skoda drive in this country ... this state alone sold more cars .....cant be any smoke with out a fire or maybe you think so .... !!!!

Cheers
Well good for them if like you said they have the B***s... but the SMARTER option would be to sue the dealer and the company like one of our other primate member's has done.
Old 25th July 2006, 14:46   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well good for them if like you said they have the B***s... but the SMARTER option would be to sue the dealer and the company like one of our other primate member's has done.
Monkey's sued Skoda?? Full details please if possible.
Old 25th July 2006, 14:54   #40
BANNED

Quote:
Monkey's sued Skoda?? Full details please if possible.
Who said it's monkey..
Old 25th July 2006, 15:21   #41
BANNED

Quote:
Who said it's monkey..
Hey, Then who is it ... sued and won ??? This is wat I mean ..sueing might get one individual relief but nobody else knows about that case whereas in this case it will definitely be noticed by the top management as well as potential customers ...

To sue is still not a very easy option in India -- it takes a lot of time, patience and god knows what !! Wonder if you read about the Tata vs team-bhp member episode ..

Cheers
Old 25th July 2006, 15:32   #42
Senior - BHPian

You said:

Quote:
the SMARTER option would be to sue the dealer and the company like one of our other primate member's has done.
We have other's too??
Old 25th July 2006, 16:12   #43
BHPian

Had seen one brand new Laura with the DSG failed. The owner was trying to
get a replacement, don't know for sure if he managed. Company said the
car bottomed out, and that destroyed the DSG, the owner says nothing
like that...

PS: Could we start a new thread about "Are your opinions about Skoda changing?"
Old 25th July 2006, 16:18   #44
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
. Company said the
car bottomed out, and that destroyed the DSG, the owner says nothing
like that...
Saw a Superb with a similar problem. Owner hit a huge mound in the middle of the road. Entire bellhousing broken. Estimate to fix it was 5 lakhs. Last I heard he was trying to get the insurance company to cover it.
Old 25th July 2006, 16:41   #45
Senior - BHPian

The general perception that we the Bharatvasis nurture (that Hyundai/Honda are inferior brands with cheapo 'image' when compared to Skoda/Ford/Fiat) is nothing but our inferiority complex - baggage left by our colonial rulers.
We automatically assume that everything that originates from the west is automatically superior and belongs to a better class than the products originating from yellow or brownish countries.
The fanatical perfection that Mercedes achived during the 1960-80 period may have fuelled this line of thought. But at what cost? The same (or better) perfection Toyota has achived in the 80's (at one-third the cost of MB) is very well noted thru out the West.
But how many Indians will agree this?

Last edited by sandeepmdas : 25th July 2006 at 16:44.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks