Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st July 2007, 11:50   #61
Team-BHP Support

Cities like Ludhiana/Jalandhar face unique problem.
The number of skoda's etc., in these cities is as much as the number in metros, but due to the "smaller city" tag there is usually only 1 dealer. Hence the dealers get complacent, and people suffer.
When somebody who pays 17L does not get good service and can't even go to another dealer, they have to resort to extreme measures.
I think companies should appoint dealers based on number of vehicles and not geographical area.
For example the highest number of Tata safaris sold by a single dealer anywhere in India is by "Dada motors, Ludhiana!"
Old 31st July 2007, 12:00   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Cities like Ludhiana/Jalandhar face unique problem.
The number of skoda's etc., in these cities is as much as the number in metros, but due to the "smaller city" tag there is usually only 1 dealer. Hence the dealers get complacent, and people suffer.
YesI agree here, smaller cities having only one dealer is usually the problem - they think they are king as smaller city people cannot help but going there to get car repaired / serviced.

Companies should keep a check on these people time to time else their brand value is going to go down the dumps. I am not going to spend 13L + on a car and then not expect service.

This is where MUL & Hyundai are on tops - you buy a Santro - no matter what is wrong - if in the warranty / guarantee period , it is rectified no questions asked.

Skodas, Ford, GM - they have a long long way to go before catching up with Hyundai & MUL
Old 31st July 2007, 12:17   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
YesI agree here, smaller cities having only one dealer is usually the problem - they think they are king as smaller city people cannot help but going there to get car repaired / serviced.

Companies should keep a check on these people time to time else their brand value is going to go down the dumps. I am not going to spend 13L + on a car and then not expect service.

This is where MUL & Hyundai are on tops - you buy a Santro - no matter what is wrong - if in the warranty / guarantee period , it is rectified no questions asked.

Skodas, Ford, GM - they have a long long way to go before catching up with Hyundai & MUL

add HONDA to the list...i think they have fewer dealers than the skodas, fords and GMs....

after more than 10 years in the market, they have finally opened a second dealership in chennai !!
Old 31st July 2007, 12:57   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
add HONDA to the list...i think they have fewer dealers than the skodas, fords and GMs....

after more than 10 years in the market, they have finally opened a second dealership in chennai !!
OT -
i think chennai people are lucky, in hyderabad its still only one dealer - Sundaram Honda.

P.S. Heard that sundarams closed their ford dealership in hyderabad in 2005 because 6 months prior to that ford opened a second dealership. Also heard, sundaram threatned honda that they will close their honda dealership if honda gives a second delaership to Laxmi Honda (known for Laxmi Hyundai), Ultimately they got GM dealership.
Old 31st July 2007, 15:18   #65
Senior - BHPian

Well, we in Agra . though a very small city - has one Honda Showroom, and that too pretty big. But they are really irritating. I made the mistake og going there to inquire about a Honda City - they made my life hell on the phone about when am I going to buy one !!

I finally versed with them ( sister - mother etc. ) in a really abusive tone !! LOL . they haven't called since.
Old 31st July 2007, 18:03   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
I've seen a head-on collision where a BMW's airbags didn't work.
These intelligent sensors work on the principles of Inertia.They pretty well know if the airbags need to be deployed.
Well, it can also be that the vehilce was not moving. If the vehicle was hit from behind, then the bags wont deploy. There are a lot of "if's and buts". I remember reading about an accident in mangalore- which a bus rammed into a parked RS - but the bags did not deploy - we hypothesized that the bags were not armed when the vehicle was switched off.
Old 31st July 2007, 18:24   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
Well, we in Agra . though a very small city - has one Honda Showroom, and that too pretty big. But they are really irritating. I made the mistake og going there to inquire about a Honda City - they made my life hell on the phone about when am I going to buy one !!

I finally versed with them ( sister - mother etc. ) in a really abusive tone !! LOL . they haven't called since.

Well its rather common here in tvm for dealers to keep calling asking when you are going to buy the car. Some people may buy the car just to bring an end the dreaded calls
Old 1st August 2007, 12:01   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I cant say about Skoda and Ford, but GM is catching other comapanies real fast.

@ Vkochar no need to abuse just tell them you bought a competitiors car. Like i asked Toyota to send the Innova, they did from 25kms afar, i didnot like it i told them they still called i finally ended up saying i bought a endeavour, they never called again.
Old 1st August 2007, 14:16   #69
GTO
Team-BHP Support

If this is how things are in the smaller towns / cities, that is a fabulous opportunity for the motivated car manufacturer to build a reputation on customer service.

How do you find the Maruti dealerships on customer care?
Old 1st August 2007, 14:45   #70
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
If this is how things are in the smaller towns / cities, that is a fabulous opportunity for the motivated car manufacturer to build a reputation on customer service.

How do you find the Maruti dealerships on customer care?
Maruti Tata and Hyundai are the best.
When hyundai came to Ludhiana, there was just one dealer. Since he was located just outside city limits, the cars were cheaper due to no octroi. He became complacent. But some complaints to hyundai and he was pulled up. Now hyundai has 3 dealers.
Tata motors dealer Dada motors gets the best dealer of india award year after year(based on customer feedback) and is really goood.
Maruti also has multiple dealers so there is adequate competition.
GM/Skoda etc., have single dealer, hence lots of arrogance initially but the companies have now realized that sales potential in cities like Ludhiana is more than metros.
Old 1st August 2007, 15:34   #71
BHPian

Honda *** takes the cake

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
First Honda, then Ford and now Skoda! And to think that Fiat dealers have a bad rep!

Dude ,..I thought it was just with me and RRHonda GGN, just the other week my colleague's Accord V6 took a rear shunt, and the car came back after 15 days with a un-buffed door, and bubbles all over from a *** in South Delhi.

Very Sad, considering you buy into the Flagship model of the Hallowed "H" Brand, and you get treated like you went to a roadside tinkering shop.
Old 1st August 2007, 18:21   #72
Senior - BHPian

This is quite interesting... I own FIAT Palio and always goes to my FIAT exclusive dealer in Pune (Who is the only one FIAT dealer left now) since last 2 years.. I never faced any issues from them.. All the guys at the dealership are quite good to talk to.. Even when I do not take any appointment, they entertain me equally well.. So now its NOT only FIAT *** sucks !!!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks