Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th August 2014, 14:04   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Ford India to start over-the-counter sales of spare parts!

Good move, finally.
My car has not seen an authorised centre for almost 2-3 years, and I am thankful for it.
Parts were still available via some understandings between the FNG and the service centre, but now I suppose there will be some method to it.
mayankk is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2014, 17:11   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Any idea when they will start selling the parts over the counter. I gave my endeavour for 40K service. The front brake pads were squealing and I asked them to change them to check brake pads. Also asked them to look into a noise from the suspension. Both were ignored and finally I bought pads and suspension bushes outside and had my mechanic do it.

Dealers are happy to charge the 2 to 3K labour for nothing and just change the oil.
4x4addict is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2014, 19:49   #18
BHPian

It's definitely a great move by Ford and I hope many other companies will follow soon. Think about getting spare parts of VW group of cars over the counter. This will end most of the customer complaints about their cars that this forum is full of.

But one thing must also be remembered that you will need some expert mechanics to get the parts fixed. Handing your car to some street side repair shop can cause more damage.
Old 19th August 2014, 21:23   #19
BHPian

Good news indeed.

Now, I will have to search for good garage to get my Fiesta serviced in future. Guess, we dont have much skilled persons servicing Ford cars. Mechanics i have met in the past always say Ford cars are complex to repair :(
Old 20th August 2014, 02:06   #20
Senior - BHPian

I have a Figo that will go off-warranty in about 8 months. My sister has a Figo that is already off-warranty.

I was thinking of NOT buying a Ford ever again - the problem is not that Ford cars are bad or their Service Centers are problematic (they all are) - I was looking seriously at Tata.

This is my reason - sheer incompetence of the Service center guys is mindblowing everywhere except perhaps at some of the Maruti Garages - the thing is for cars for which you cn buy over-the counter parts repairs are possible if you know a competent mechanic. If you own a scar it is good to know a good mechanic anyway, but with Ford (And many others) it is not that simple.

Now I'm thinking seriously again about a Ford as my next car.

The move will improve the resale value of the cars as well - another historical negative for Ford buyers.
Old 22nd August 2014, 12:01   #21
BHPian

Re: Ford India to start over-the-counter sales of spare parts!

I think Ford is slowly understanding the Indian market. As a 5+ years of ownership of a FORD vehicle I can vouch that they have really improved the quality of the service and strategy. My avg service cost is also most all the time will be around 2.5k to 3.5k. But we had to face the naughty dealer always Ford also has increased lots of service network during past year.This will lead you to the easily accessible to the parts.
Will ford maintain different price tag for direct consumer and the small auto parts shop? If so then getting parts and servicing car will be much easier We can find parts in nearby town instead of traveling 100KM to get a parts.
Old 16th October 2014, 09:31   #22
BHPian

Any idea when the sales will actually start?
I called Metro Ford in Bangalore on 14th October and was told that over the counter sales has not yet started and that they have no idea when it will begin. Not sure if this true or if it was a ploy to get the work done at the ASC.

I desperately need to carry out suspension work on my 2009 Ford Fiesta Diesel (56000km). I have been avoiding it mainly due to the 25 - 30k estimate for complete replacement given by the ASC.
I have a trustworthy FNG who is more than capable of doing this to my satisfaction. The only stumbling block is genuine spares.

Please give me a heads up if anyone hears of the sales starting.

Thanks!
Old 13th November 2014, 17:02   #23
Team-BHP Support

Ford India has announced the start of over-the-counter (OTC) sale of genuine spare parts. The company has appointed Eminent Auto Parts as its exclusive distributor for Ford Genuine Service parts in Delhi. Eminent Auto Parts is located at 10/58, Kirti Nagar Industrial Area.

Ford plans to expand its retail distribution network to Karnataka, Maharashtra, Tamil Nadu, Kerala and East of India in the next phase.

Link to Team-BHP News Article
Aditya is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th November 2014, 17:08   #24
Senior - BHPian

This is a welcome move Ford India, especially as I own a Ford and is going in for a second Ford.
Old 14th November 2014, 09:19   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quite happy to see a good step in development of product and customer relationship by Ford.

I am sure not even the FNG, but some of the multi-brand car service providers will gain from it and would be able to provide better service to customers.
Old 14th November 2014, 09:42   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Good. May I add that MRTPC had served notice on all of them as well. Let us hope Honda follows next!
Yes. That would be a great news if it is realized. Once the warranty is over one can manage preventive maintenance plans such as Engine Oil change, Air filter and Oil Filter Changes locally.
Old 11th December 2014, 16:29   #27
BANNED

Now the first distributor is in place in Delhi. Let us hope they deliver on expanding the network.
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2014, 15:49   #28

Have they appointed any such dealer in Bangalore. Being a Fiesta owner, I am eagerly looking forward to this.
Old 13th February 2015, 11:25   #29
Senior - BHPian

Ford Appoints Genuine Parts Distributor for Tamil Nadu

Ford India has appointed Eureka Ford Parts as the exclusive distributor for Ford Genuine Parts in Tamil Nadu.

Located at 'No. 37, PM Towers, Greams Road, Chennai, Eureka Ford Parts will reach out to all auto part retailers and independent repair shops, providing genuine Ford parts to customers in Tamil Nadu.

Eureka Ford Parts is the second distributor for Ford Genuine Parts in India; its first distributor had been appointed in Delhi in November 2014. Ford plans to expand the retail distribution network to Karnataka, Maharashtra, Kerala and East of India.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford India to start over-the-counter sales of spare parts!-1.jpg  

Ford India to start over-the-counter sales of spare parts!-2.jpg  

Last edited by S2!!! : 13th February 2015 at 11:26.
S2!!! is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 13th February 2015, 11:31   #30
Senior - BHPian

Good news! Hope the Karnataka distributor gets appointed soon, although sourcing parts in Bangalore from a distributor in Chennai is no big deal.

I have a Figo that has been giving me niggling issues with front suspension/steering from the past 6 months. Just found a reliable FNG, so with genuine parts, I can kiss goodbye to unpredictable A.S.S.

Co-incidentally, Ford dealers in Bangalore have all started pestering me for booking my car in for a service with them - never happened until now.
KiloAlpha is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks