Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th January 2015, 20:51   #136
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Hyundai ix25 Compact SUV caught testing in India. EDIT: Named the Creta

This could be the possible introductory pricing for the ix25, taking into account how the Duster, Terrano & the EcoSport have been priced, assuming it's offered in the same engine lineup as the Verna, and with AWD variants on offer as well:

(Click to OPEN in a new window)
Hyundai ix25 Compact SUV caught testing in India. EDIT: Named the Creta-untitled2.jpg

As can be seen, the Ford EcoSport might remain relatively unscathed, while the Duster & the Terrano might feel the heat.

Considering the premium fit and finish the Hyundai SUV will command, alongwith a bunch of segment-leading features, the ix25 should do really well.
RavenAvi is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 29th January 2015, 20:57   #137
Team-BHP Support

While the clientèle is different, the speculated price of ix25 is close to full size SUV's as well, the Storme & Scorpio.

Would be interesting to see as to how they stack up. If Fortuner (wrt to Koleos/Captiva/Sata Fe & the likes) is any pointer to sales figure, I don't think Scorpio/Storme would be threatened.
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2015, 22:07   #138
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
While the clientèle is different, the speculated price of ix25 is close to full size SUV's as well, the Storme & Scorpio.

Would be interesting to see as to how they stack up. If Fortuner (wrt to Koleos/Captiva/Sata Fe & the likes) is any pointer to sales figure, I don't think Scorpio/Storme would be threatened.
True, and Hyundai will be well aware of that.

They should be smart enough to know that the majority of sales will come from the mid-variants (from S to SX) and so, if they are pretty well-stacked in features and the ix25 provides decent handling + acceptable ride quality, it should rack in the numbers, and pull some crowds away from the Duster/Terrano twins and the Scorpio.

- Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Team-BHP app
RavenAvi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st January 2015, 16:01   #139
BHPian

From the link.. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...s-india-3.html

.. completely agree with Amit about the A-pillar styling and the sloping roofline from the A-pillar onward to the rear. While this seems to help in making a better designed vehicle ergonomically, it somehow doesn't seem to have the classic SUVish side profile. If I were to take it a notch higher, the top-hat almost resembles a raised Swift!
Old 31st January 2015, 16:13   #140
BHPian

As per Business Standard ix25 launch could be in August, in contrary to the predicted November launch by several auto portals.

Quote:
With a length of 4270mm, it measures over 4 meters, which means it will have better space and a bigger price tag as it doesn’t qualify for excise duty cut meant for small cars. There is no clarity on engine option yet; however we are expecting 1.4-litre VTVT petrol, 1.4-litre CRDi diesel and 1.6-litre CRDi diesel from Verna. The testing of the vehicle is going on and the launch is likely to happen in August.
Source: Business Standard
hillsnrains is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2015, 19:15   #141
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
True, and Hyundai will be well aware of that
People will buy the top end as well. Because the target segment would be different even if the product price overlaps with bigger SUVs. My only harping point which I have been saying earlier as well is; if the rear space becomes claustrophobic thanks to the swooping lines, it should not end up like a Ford Fiesta. A very exciting product let down by space and price. Of course it wont be as bad as that, since its an "SUV" ! But seriously I have doubts on the space and also the transmission tunnel which might be an irritant for the middle rear seat. Its much better in Duster.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2015, 23:49   #142
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post

People will buy the top end as well. Because the target segment would be different even if the product price overlaps with bigger SUVs. My only harping point which I have been saying earlier as well is; if the rear space becomes claustrophobic thanks to the swooping lines, it should not end up like a Ford Fiesta. A very exciting product let down by space and price. Of course it wont be as bad as that, since its an "SUV" ! But seriously I have doubts on the space and also the transmission tunnel which might be an irritant for the middle rear seat. Its much better in Duster.
If Hyundai gives all bells and whistles in top end (6 airbags, traction control, ESP, ABS) with a good powerful petrol engine, it might tick right boxes for me. I think ix25 is a FWD vehicle so transmission tunnel problem shouldn't be there in it.
Old 2nd February 2015, 13:20   #143
BHPian

A few more images . It is supposed to have 90% localization to make it affordable . It is said to have AWD option . Drl's are brighter and bigger .
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai ix25 Compact SUV caught testing in India. EDIT: Named the Creta-2015hyundaiix25forntthreequarterspied1024x752.jpg  

Hyundai ix25 Compact SUV caught testing in India. EDIT: Named the Creta-2015hyundaiix25rearspied1024x765.jpg  

abkett is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th February 2015, 17:53   #144
Distinguished - BHPian

More spyshots, this time of the rear three-quarters, courtesy IAB.

Hyundai ix25 Compact SUV caught testing in India. EDIT: Named the Creta-2016hyundaiix25spiedside1024x679.jpg

Hyundai ix25 Compact SUV caught testing in India. EDIT: Named the Creta-2016hyundaiix25spiedrearthreequarter1024x768.jpg

Hyundai ix25 Compact SUV caught testing in India. EDIT: Named the Creta-2016hyundaiix25spiedrear1024x787.jpg
RavenAvi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th February 2015, 23:01   #145
Distinguished - BHPian

New Hyundai SUV is expected to share the 1.6-litre engines and transmissions with the Verna. August 2015 launch.

Hyundai ix25 Compact SUV caught testing in India. EDIT: Named the Creta-0_0_355_http___172_17_115_180_82_extraimages_20150205064239_hyundai_ix25_2_sabharigirish_copy.jpg

Hyundai Motor is set to launch an all-new SUV (code: GS) in India in August this year.
The GS will come with 1.6-litre petrol and 1.6-litre diesel engine options – both shared with the Verna. It will also get both the same manual and automatic transmission options.

Quote:
Hyundai will be targeting the Renault Duster and the yet-to-be-launched Suzuki S-Cross with GS and according to company sources, a sales target of around 4,000 units a month has been set. To achieve such high numbers, the GS will have to be competitively priced and a range of Rs. 11-15 lakh (ex-showroom) across variants can be expected.
http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...er-393184.aspx

Last edited by volkman10 : 5th February 2015 at 23:18.
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th February 2015, 23:50   #146
BHPian

This is definitely going to be my next car. I needed to buy a new car at the earliest as wanted to give my City to my mom. Will now request her to wait till September this year.

From the various pics and videos seen online, the ix25 oozes of quality and will definitely give Renault and Nissan a run for their money. One thing is certain that ix25 will not be launched in India with the large touch screen in the center console as seen on the Korean version. I really really hope that apart from all the other bells and whistles it comes for sure with the following features :

- SUNROOF : I know it will not have the panoramic sunroof like the International version, but at least the regular sunroof. I am too used to and in love with the sunroof in my 2014 Honda City

- RECLINED BANK SEAT : Many a times I am chauffer driven or have my family sitting at the back. I hope we get the option of a slight recline for the back seats.

- LED day time running lights

- Safety features like air bags, ABS, EBD, standard across all variants.

- CRUISE CONTROL : my daily driving is around 70-80 kms with the majority on the highway between Delhi-Gurgaon and Delhi-Noida. I found the cruise control on my City a boon in many situations. I also intend to use the ix25 for inter-state travel.

- EFFICIENCY AND POWER BALANCE :I hope they get the right balance of power and efficiency for both the petrol and diesel engines. Not like some other cars which got obsessed only with fuel efficiency and sacrificid on power. I bought my City petrol last year as found the diesel too drab to drive.
ankan_g is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2015, 12:21   #147
BHPian

Today in Mysore i saw a fully un -camouflaged car (looks ike IX25)
even the Hyundai logo did not have any masking tape!!

It looked good in silver color
unfortunately could not take a picture

looks like the launch date is near

Last edited by i_see : 12th February 2015 at 12:24.
Old 12th February 2015, 20:11   #148
BHPian

With the Verna face lift (Solaris) speculated to be on 16th Feb, I doubt if the ix25 launch is any near. Hyundai would definitely want few months placed between both. If the launch was within April, I am a sure-shot buyer. Current car Lease is coming to an end on 31st March
Old 13th February 2015, 00:03   #149
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinu99@gmail.co View Post
With the Verna face lift (Solaris) speculated to be on 16th Feb, I doubt if the ix25 launch is any near. Hyundai would definitely want few months placed between both. If the launch was within April, I am a sure-shot buyer. Current car Lease is coming to an end on 31st March

Verna facelift launch is confirmed for February 18, soon followed by the Elite i20 Cross on March 9th.

Even I think ix25 will only come before the start of the festive season.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2015, 16:34   #150
Distinguished - BHPian

http://www.themotorreport.com.au/#/6...ement-and-ix25

Just went through this article. What's the authenticity?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks