Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th March 2015, 09:27   #181
Team-BHP Support

@tsk13: Thanks for sharing your experience in detail. Could you please compare the interior space w.r.t Ecosport and Duster?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
One point which I am not very positive about is the ride quality. I think we should expect it to be like any other Hyundai. Good straight line stability and ride comfort. But the moment you hit the twisties and winding 2-lane roads, it may get uncomfortable. (Just a speculation here).

Grand i10, Xcent and the new Elite i20 are neutral in handling. Good ride quality and doesn't bounce around like previous generation Hyundai cars. I don't feel anything much lacking while switching over from the Punto to the Xcent. I would expect ix25 to have such sorted suspension manners.

The steering however is the main weakness now. It's not fun. Feels like a joystick and doesn't inspire any sort of confidence while cornering. Masses will love it for the ease of parking though.

However, no one will buy a crossover to throw to around corners- so it should be fine.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 16th March 2015, 11:54   #182
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk13 View Post
I got a call today asking me to come over to NSIC Exhibition Grounds, Okhla in New Delhi for Survey cum Preview of a Compact SUV to be launched which also involved a meeting with the Representatives of the Manufacturer and getting Feedback on the new car in concern. They got my number through Ford Dealership only since they were aware that I own the Ecosport and asked me to bring the RC along.

Since there was no confidentiality agreement or any understanding of that sort, I've posted my experience on the forum.
Thanks a lot. How would you rate the fit and finish of ix25 compared to others? I've been on a lookout for a compact crossover and had nearly finalised the Duster but stopped short after reading about rusting issues. I got a call from my local Hyundai dealer last Saturday asking if I would be keen on a new vehicle being launched by Hyundai. I straight away told them that am more interested in ix25 than i20 Active. He was shocked for a moment. Then he said he is not aware. But anyway asked me to visit.
BoneCollector is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2015, 16:34   #183
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Hyundai ix25 Compact SUV caught testing in India. EDIT: Named the Creta

Live Mint reports that Hyundai India is poised to launch the Hyundai "GS" ix25 in August-September 2015, ahead of the festive season. (just like they launched the Elite i20 in August 2014)

Quote:
The company, which will launch the latest model i20 Active—a sports-styled version of its premium hatchback i20—next week, will introduce iX25 SUV in India ahead of the festive season.

“In the sedans, we have the full range from Eon to Elantra. However, we have only the Santa Fe in the premium SUV segment, which is one of the fastest growing segments in India. It’s our endeavour to complete the range,” Hyundai Motor India Ltd (HMIL) senior vice-president (sales and marketing) Rakesh Srivastava said.

When asked about a model to fill the gap between its premium SUV Santa Fe and i20 Active, Srivastava declined to share details but said the company would plug that gap too.

Sources, however, said the company is set to introduce the ix25 SUV in India around August-September ahead of the festive season this year. This would then complete HMIL’s range of SUVs in India.
SOURCE - Live Mint

Last edited by RavenAvi : 16th March 2015 at 16:35.
RavenAvi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th March 2015, 17:36   #184
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Grand i10, Xcent and the new Elite i20 are neutral in handling. Good ride quality and doesn't bounce around like previous generation Hyundai cars. I don't feel anything much lacking while switching over from the Punto to the Xcent. I would expect ix25 to have such sorted suspension manners.
Neutral handling is fine. As long as it does not cause discomfort to people in the back seat it should be fine. Thats my main concern. A soft suspension and a raised clearance will not be good for 2-lane roads. If it can handle that nicely, then nothing like it.
Old 16th March 2015, 17:46   #185
BHPian

Last week I happened to be in Pune, attending a conference in a hotel there. I was late, and by mistake, opened the wrong door- and what do I see? A Hyundai India conference with details of ix25 being discussed with the same golden picture projected on the screen. Suddenly there was pin-drop silence and I felt twenty pairs of eyes glaring at me. I smiled, took another look at the screen, mumbled sorry and came out. Looked very much like a product briefing for dealers' senior staff though :-)

Considering the fact that you can't really keep anything secret once you start briefing as widely as dealers' staff, I smell an imminent launch. I agree with the festival season launch news reports that are floating around....

Last edited by Contrapunto : 16th March 2015 at 17:47. Reason: Minor additions
Contrapunto is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 17th March 2015, 00:23   #186
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshu_j View Post
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are contemplating a used X1 vs waiting over 6 months for the ix25. Could you shed more light on seat comfort, A-pillar visibility and whether the seats had manual or power adjustment, lumbar support etc. Also, was the diesel automatic a 4-speed like the Verna or 6-speed like the Elantra? I am sure it would be appreciated not only by me but fellow Bhpians too. Thank you once again.
In terms of Seat Comfort, I didn't find much of an issue and I won't be able to comment much on the A-Pillar Visibility since I didn't take note of it while being inside although from the Front Looks, it seems to be better than that of Ecosport. The Seat Adjustment Levers were Masked with a Tape, maybe they didn't want people to fiddle with that hence, won't be able to answer this either. I didn't find a Rotary Knob for the Lumbar Support as available in Ecosport but since it was Dark, I could've overlooked if it was positioned elsewhere other than the Seat's sides.

Regarding the Transmission, certainly no details available whatsoever. I'm surprised as to why they put an AT in a Comparison of other Manuals and even asked me to rate the Gear Knob of all the cars.

Boss, at the end of it the decision has to be taken by you. I would certainly prefer a new ix25 if it is for my daily drive over a Pre-owned X1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
@tsk13: Thanks for sharing your experience in detail. Could you please compare the interior space w.r.t Ecosport and Duster?
ix25 offers a better Legroom both in Front & Rear compared to the Ecosport. Even the Driver side is much Roomier but I still find that the i20 I've (First Model) is Roomier than both. Won't say anything about the Duster since I don't have any experience with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
Thanks a lot. How would you rate the fit and finish of ix25 compared to others? I've been on a lookout for a compact crossover and had nearly finalised the Duster but stopped short after reading about rusting issues. I got a call from my local Hyundai dealer last Saturday asking if I would be keen on a new vehicle being launched by Hyundai. I straight away told them that am more interested in ix25 than i20 Active. He was shocked for a moment. Then he said he is not aware. But anyway asked me to visit.
Boss, even if ix25 was out of question, I would recommend the Ecosport over Duster any day. Fit & Finish is Spick & Span, Hyundai never lets you down when it comes to these aspects. All the Bells & Whistles are provided for, it's pure pampering when it comes to Features as well. Black looks really Awesome and the only negatives were the Un-covered Plastic Covers over the Wheel Well Area in the Boot, they looked really cheap. Maybe this being a Test Mule didn't have any Upholstery.

Another good thing about the ix25 is that the Spare Wheel is Loaded in the Boot, neither under it nor mounted on the Tail Gate and comes with the Conventional Scissor Jack.
tsk13 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 18th March 2015, 00:26   #187
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further. We request you to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 3rd June 2015 at 09:26.
echo77 is offline   Received Infraction
Old 18th March 2015, 02:28   #188
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
..but I still find that the i20 I've (First Model) is Roomier than both...
Thanks for sharing all the details. The above statement is surprising. I doubt the ix25 is less than 4m and hence expected it to be roomier than the i20. Also, I am NOT too sure how can they manage any pricing close to Ecosport with a >4m length and a 1.6L engine config.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2015, 12:31   #189
BHPian

They cant. It will be costlier than the current segment cars of mini suv class.
Old 19th March 2015, 00:29   #190
Senior - BHPian

Not sure if these images have been shared already (didn't notice in some of the pages prior), but noticed these on the mentioned Youtube video of Hyundai ix25 (probably Korean).

Hope the 126bhp diesel and autobox news/rumors are true.

Looks good from this (side) profile.
Hyundai ix25 Compact SUV caught testing in India. EDIT: Named the Creta-hyundai-ix25-side-profile.jpg

The interior (dashboard) look.
Hyundai ix25 Compact SUV caught testing in India. EDIT: Named the Creta-hyundai-ix25-interior-dashboard.jpg

Source:
k_ajay is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th March 2015, 00:52   #191
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai have OUTDONE themselves truly with the Ix25, the car in the video looks so FANTASTIC. The Indian market is getting so exciting with some of the launches that all of us will need to keep ourselves on leashes to not end up buying 2/3 cars simultaneously in a single year.
Old 19th March 2015, 07:23   #192
Senior - BHPian

The car looks great. I hope they will come with the 1.6L diesel engine with as much power as Verna, a high seating position, a dead pedal, and good boot space - much better than Ecosport.
PatienceWins is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2015, 10:16   #193
BHPian

Quote:
I got a call today asking me to come over to NSIC Exhibition Grounds, Okhla in New Delhi for Survey cum Preview of a Compact SUV to be launched which also involved a meeting with the Representatives of the Manufacturer and getting Feedback on the new car in concern. They got my number through Ford Dealership only since they were aware that I own the Ecosport and asked me to bring the RC along.
Great news.
In the questions were there any indications of safety features like 6 airbags, ESP, Traction control, EBD etc?
Any indication of the likelehood of AWD variant with AT gearbox?
Old 19th March 2015, 12:10   #194
Distinguished - BHPian

Out of excitement, I forgot to ask a few things in my last post.

1. The Chinese version comes with all around disc brakes. Will we also get the same?
2. I'm more interested in the petrol motor as my usage doesn't warrant a diesel one. What are the specs like?
3. What all safety features are being plonked on to the various versions?

If we get all the bells and whistles with a good price tag, Hyundai may have another winner and will be way ahead than Maruti in this category. Keeping my fingers crossed. I just hope that this one doesn't handle like a boat like some of the Hyundai's.
Old 19th March 2015, 14:16   #195
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay View Post
Hope the 126bhp diesel and autobox news/rumors are true.
126 BHP is Absolutely True and so is the Automatic Transmission..

I'm 99% Sure that all the Cars Parked at the Event were Diesel hence, there is a really high possibility of an AT Diesel because the ix25 was AT. I always wanted to open the hood but these guys didn't let me do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
The car looks great. I hope they will come with the 1.6L diesel engine with as much power as Verna, a high seating position, a dead pedal, and good boot space - much better than Ecosport.
1.6L 126 BHP as conveyed by Nielsen guys to me. Dead Pedal was there, Boot Space is a bit better than Ecosport and the Seating Position is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhar-v View Post
Great news.
In the questions were there any indications of safety features like 6 airbags, ESP, Traction control, EBD etc?
Any indication of the likelehood of AWD variant with AT gearbox?
6 Airbags - Yes and no idea about the rest.

Last edited by tsk13 : 19th March 2015 at 14:18.
tsk13 is offline   (8) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed