Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st May 2015, 09:21   #286
Team-BHP Support

re: Hyundai ix25 Compact SUV caught testing in India. EDIT: Named the Creta

If they price it above the Verna, then there could be a chance of using the Elantra's 6 speed AT box.

A 4 speed box at this price point and segment is going to be a big miss.
Vid6639 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st May 2015, 10:04   #287
Distinguished - BHPian

I think they will hold on to the Automatic until a few months down the line from the launch.

Reason? The Elite i20 wasn't launched with an AT option, and now we have news that the i20 Active might be coming with an Automatic option paired to a 1.4L petrol engine.

Hyundai would definitely want to launch the i20 Active AT before the ix25 AT, so as to give the baby brother a small share of the market first. Also, the i20 Active AT option would be a good indicator of what we can expect with the ix25 AT in the future. As Vidyut rightly said, if the pricing is above the Verna, we can expect a 6-speed AT, otherwise it will be the same 4-speed one from the Verna.

Regarding the diesel AT option for the ix25, my source says that it is on the cards but not for an immediate launch. They are still deliberating on offering it. My guess - maybe they are wary of the decline in diesel car sales in recent times, and buyers swaying back to petrol options. Since the ix25 will be very much a mass-market offering, the diesel AT option could be reserved for the topmost variant, and might be on a "made-to-order" basis.

Here's a detailed look at the international version of the ix25. It shows all the external design highlights, interiors, features, boot space and even rear bench space.

RavenAvi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st May 2015, 10:32   #288
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Here's a detailed look at the international version of the ix25. It shows all the external design highlights, interiors, features, boot space and even rear bench space.
My two cents based on the video.

Positives:

* Quality, quality, quality...everywhere.
Every nook and corner of the vehicle oozes sheer top-notch quality and fit&finish. Hyundai is just brilliant at that and again and again.

* The exterior
Superb stance, mini-Santa-Fe look is damn good, GC seems to be great, rear seems to be enhanced Elite-i20 inspired, which is good.

* Amount of gadgetry
I don't how Hyundai always manages to stuff unimaginable amount of gadgetry in their vehicles, compared to the competition. However, I am sure the Indian version will not have so much. Considering our price sensitive market, Hyundai will have to strip some of the stuff, such as sun-roof and all. If they do offer everything that is shown in the International version, then my guess is that the price will cross the 15 lakhs barrier. I hope I am proven wrong.

Negative: (only one)
* Serious lack of headroom & legroom on rear seat
Considering such a premium offering and top-notch quality everywhere, the legroom and headroom on the rear seat is seriously below par. Considering the person doing this review is on the shorter side, the available passenger space is pretty short. It will be a hard task for a person > 5.6" to fit comfortably on the rear seat.

Overall, a superb offering from Hyundai. My money is on the diesel AT, unless its not the one on the Verna. I also think the plum interiors will not come to Indian version. Most likely, we will get two tone beige and dark brown or black interiors, due to super fan-boy-ism for the beige interiors in India. Also, I hope Hyundai has sorted out that infamous zombie-like steering in this model.

Suddenly, the Duster, Terrano & EcoSport feel like they belong to a lower segment in terms of exterior, interior, fit&finish and equipment level. No offence meant to existing proud owners of these vehicles.

Last edited by ajay_satpute : 21st May 2015 at 10:33.
ajay_satpute is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st May 2015, 23:57   #289
Senior - BHPian

Based on the video of the international version of the ix25 and also considering the rumor (so far) that the car launching in India will be > 4 meters in length, is someone else also sharing my observation that the rear seat space (legroom, importantly) is in short supply? Also, that the rear seats may be found lacking in proper under thigh support?
Old 22nd May 2015, 10:53   #290
Distinguished - BHPian

My guesstimate on the possible pricing of the ix25, based on all the info I have + how the immediate competition stacks up:

PETROL:

Ford EcoSport: 6.79L - 9.77L
Renault Duster: 8.30L - 9.63L
Nissan Terrano: 10.15L
Hyundai ix25: 8.50L - 11.50L

DIESEL:

Ford EcoSport: 7.93L - 10.24L
Mahindra Scorpio: 8.71L - 13.48L
Renault Duster: 9.07L - 13.55L
Nissan Terrano: 10.14L - 12.92L
Hyundai ix25: 9.25L - 14.25L

(all prices, ex-showroom Delhi)

This would be targetting the middle (Trend) variant of the EcoSport for the entry-level petrol variant and also taking on the Duster entry-level petrol. The EcoSport middle & top variants would be the most likely targets here for the ix25 middle (S or S(O)) variant.

Also, the 1.4L diesel might get a starting price of 9.25L making it competitive enough against the Duster 85 PS entry variant. Also, all prices would be stacked up against the Scorpio/Duster, and also try to snatch some sales from the EcoSport Titanium diesel.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 22nd May 2015 at 10:57.
RavenAvi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2015, 11:18   #291
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
DIESEL:
[b]Hyundai ix25: 9.25L - 14.25L
Thanks for the effort RavenAvi. The ix25 is sure kicking up a storm in the compact SUV segment albeit just with speculations running rife without any official confirmation. While the starting prices appear to be in line with its direct competitors (Duster & Terrano), I seriously doubt the top-end ex-showroom price of INR 14.25 Lakhs. That would mean the flagship ix25 variant would easily go close to 17 Lakhs on road, putting it in an altogether different territory. If this indeed is the expected price, it better come with all bells and whistles including AWD and 6-speed Auto Transmission.
arvi86 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2015, 14:15   #292
BHPian

I Spoke to both Trident and Advaith Hyundai in Bengaluru and both said they will not accept any pre-bookings till they have launch date confirmed. Makes sense.
Old 22nd May 2015, 23:53   #293
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My guesstimate on the possible pricing of the ix25, based on all the info I have + how the immediate competition stacks up:

DIESEL:

Ford EcoSport: 7.93L - 10.24L

Hyundai ix25: 9.25L - 14.25L
(all prices, ex-showroom Delhi)

....... The EcoSport middle & top variants would be the most likely targets here for the ix25 middle (S or S(O)) variant.
Isn't that too much money for a car not much larger than the Ecosport?
k_ajay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2015, 12:51   #294
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the video ! It was actually quite enjoyable to listen to the mandarin (of course I didn't understand a word).

Does anyone else think that this looks a bit like the BMW X1 ??
Old 24th May 2015, 12:11   #295
BHPian

Quote:
I think they will hold on to the Automatic until a few months down the line from the launch.

Reason? The Elite i20 wasn't launched with an AT option, and now we have news that the i20 Active might be coming with an Automatic option paired to a 1.4L petrol engine.

Am disappointed by the size, was hoping it would be a tad bigger. Am in the market for a spacious 5 seater with large boot. Was hoping ix25 will bit the bill. Looks like it gonna be between the updated XUV and S-Cross for me.
Old 24th May 2015, 14:43   #296
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
Negative: (only one)
* Serious lack of headroom & legroom on rear seat
Considering such a premium offering and top-notch quality everywhere, the legroom and headroom on the rear seat is seriously below par. Considering the person doing this review is on the shorter side, the available passenger space is pretty short. It will be a hard task for a person > 5.6" to fit comfortably on the rear seat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay View Post
Based on the video of the international version of the ix25 and also considering the rumor (so far) that the car launching in India will be > 4 meters in length, is someone else also sharing my observation that the rear seat space (legroom, importantly) is in short supply? Also, that the rear seats may be found lacking in proper under thigh support?
Quote:
Originally Posted by sumithb View Post
Am disappointed by the size, was hoping it would be a tad bigger. Am in the market for a spacious 5 seater with large boot. Was hoping ix25 will bit the bill. Looks like it gonna be between the updated XUV and S-Cross for me.
Indeed, the video shows a bit of a squeeze for the rear bench passengers. But since we have info that the "ix25" will come with India-specific changes, and that the Elite i20 is spacious at the rear, I am confident that Hyundai India engineers will rework the rear bench space and make it a bit more spacious at the back. They will know that rear comfort is also paramount in India, specially for chauffeur-driven owners.

I'd better wait and check out the SUV in flesh before writing it off, based on the reviews and pictures available right now, because most of it is of the China-specific version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvi86 View Post
Thanks for the effort RavenAvi. The ix25 is sure kicking up a storm in the compact SUV segment albeit just with speculations running rife without any official confirmation. While the starting prices appear to be in line with its direct competitors (Duster & Terrano), I seriously doubt the top-end ex-showroom price of INR 14.25 Lakhs. That would mean the flagship ix25 variant would easily go close to 17 Lakhs on road, putting it in an altogether different territory. If this indeed is the expected price, it better come with all bells and whistles including AWD and 6-speed Auto Transmission.
Considering the fact that the Duster & the Scorpio both come with AWD options, the "ix25" should come with an AWD option as well. The pricing range I took into account includes the AWD versions of both SUVs. If Hyundai offers an "ix25" diesel AT with AWD option on the top SX (or SX(O)) trim, it should easily reach 14 lacs.

As for the petrol options, there isn't much competition for the "ix25", except for the EcoSport. The Duster comes with just 2 petrol variants, while the Terrano has only ONE. No Scorpio petrol on offer. Hence I am thinking that Hyundai will price it a bit smartly, with the entry/mid-petrols stacked up against the EcoSport while the diesels might go against the Duster/Scorpio. The EcoSport, we all know, has become a pricey option. Its easier for Hyundai to target the EcoSport now, since the Ford is no longer a VFM option.

Here is how the competition is priced at (diesels):

Duster 110 PS RXZ AWD = 13,54,766/-
Scorpio S10 4WD = 13,47,538/-

(both prices, ex-showroom Delhi)

BTW, this was my prediction before the excise-duty cut was removed:

Hyundai ix25 Compact SUV caught testing in India. EDIT: Named the Creta-untitled2.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay View Post
Isn't that too much money for a car not much larger than the Ecosport?
Size is closer to the Duster/Terrano than the EcoSport. More so length-wise. Yes, it seems to be a tad slimmer than the Duster on the width aspect.

Duster = 4315mm x 1822mm x 1695mm
ix25 =
4270mm x 1780mm x 1630mm
EcoSport = 3999mm x 1765mm x 1708mm

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaveenKD View Post
I Spoke to both Trident and Advaith Hyundai in Bengaluru and both said they will not accept any pre-bookings till they have launch date confirmed. Makes sense.
Indeed, it makes sense. In my case, I have paid just a nominal amount and that will help get me precedence for early deliveries. Hence I went ahead with the booking.

Of course, it all depends on the final product on offer. If I am not impressed, I will move to the XUV 500.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 24th May 2015 at 15:02.
RavenAvi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th May 2015, 14:01   #297
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Considering the fact that the Duster & the Scorpio both come with AWD options, the "ix25" should come with an AWD option as well. The pricing range I took into account includes the AWD versions of both SUVs. If Hyundai offers an "ix25" diesel AT with AWD option on the top SX (or SX(O)) trim, it should easily reach 14 lacs.
I agree, it would easily nudge 14 Lacs if it comes kitted with AWD and 6-speed AT.

Meanwhile, IAB has posted new spy-shots of what appears to be the top-of-the-line ix25 on test. Given the considerable amount of testing this model has been subjected to (with its competitors in tow, no less!), I hope it follows the Elantra and Elite i20 in terms of its handling characteristics. That's going to be the acid test for Hyundai given that the rest - Styling, Specifications, Features, Powertrain, etc. - are looking good.

Hyundai ix25 Compact SUV caught testing in India. EDIT: Named the Creta-hyundaiix25frontquartertopendspied.jpg
Hyundai ix25 Compact SUV caught testing in India. EDIT: Named the Creta-hyundaiix25reartopendspied.jpg

Source: http://indianautosblog.com/2015/05/h...d-spied-179857
arvi86 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th May 2015, 16:02   #298
BHPian

Just give me a 4 speed AT diesel for under 14 L and ill be happy. Hopefully there is an AT diesel at the official announcement.
Old 27th May 2015, 23:36   #299
BHPian

Saw one in-person today in London. It has really good road presence. Looks macho with those big wheels..
Old 28th May 2015, 07:36   #300
Senior - BHPian

This is an exercise to arrive at a 'reasonable' price.

Based on: daring to escape the everyday life* quotient, flamboyant style*, functional beauty*, active features*.

Can it be said that ix25 2wd will be about 25% more car when compared to the i20 active?

*words found in hyundai website.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks