Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th June 2015, 11:33   #376
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyundai ix25 Compact SUV caught testing in India. EDIT: Named the Creta

I am with people questioning the name. It sounds awfully similar to cretin (both are pronounced the same actually, with cretin having a nasal ending is the only difference) and cretin means stupid or mentally defective!

Otherwise, Another remarkably good product from the house of Hyundai. They are on a roll and how. Would really buy it, the name notwithstanding, if I were in the market for a new car.
Old 7th June 2015, 13:13   #377
BHPian

I see very active contribution by members on all three threads of new launches scheduled over next month - S Cross, Jazz and Creta. I am curious if any member can throw light on rear bench space for these three vehicles and which one will score to seat three passengers abreast? Any idea?
Old 7th June 2015, 13:26   #378
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car_fanatic View Post
I see very active contribution by members on all three threads of new launches scheduled over next month - S Cross, Jazz and Creta. I am curious if any member can throw light on rear bench space for these three vehicles and which one will score to seat three passengers abreast? Any idea?
Well nobody can comment on that until we get a real world review of these cars. So for that we'll have to wait till they get launched. But what I believe is that Jazz is going to be spacious at the back as it's based on City platform and City can accommodate three at the back easily. S cross will probably be spacious as well as it's based on sx4/Ciaz. Can't comment on Hyundai though. These are all my personal assumptions and it may differ in real world.

Last edited by Carpainter : 7th June 2015 at 13:27.
Old 7th June 2015, 13:40   #379
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car_fanatic View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpainter View Post
Well nobody can comment on that until we get a real world review of these cars. So for that we'll have to wait till they get launched. But what I believe is that Jazz is going to be spacious at the back as it's based on City platform and City can accommodate three at the back easily. S cross will probably be spacious as well as it's based on sx4/Ciaz. Can't comment on Hyundai though. These are all my personal assumptions and it may differ in real world.
We do have the new City at home, I'm 6'4 and I can guarantee that even with my seat all the stretched back, a person can sit behind me which is a very rare thing for any car in this class.

However, I can't sit in the passenger seat as the dash is designed in such a way that even with the seat all the way back, my knees keep bumping into the awkward edge curve of the dashboard.
sweetvar26 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2015, 11:17   #380
Distinguished - BHPian

Here are fresh exterior AND interior spy images of the Creta, snapped by IAB reader Rishabh near New Delhi:

Hyundai ix25 Compact SUV caught testing in India. EDIT: Named the Creta-hyundaicretafrontspied.jpg

Hyundai ix25 Compact SUV caught testing in India. EDIT: Named the Creta-hyundaicretarearspied900x746.jpg

Hyundai ix25 Compact SUV caught testing in India. EDIT: Named the Creta-hyundaicretagearspied900x507.jpg

Hyundai ix25 Compact SUV caught testing in India. EDIT: Named the Creta-hyundaicretadashboardspied.jpg

Quote:
The Creta seen here is likely a mid-level variant on test, indicated by the manual aircon system. However, it sports alloy wheels, projector headlights, integrated turn signals on the wing mirrors, a rear wiper and a 6-speed manual transmission.
SOURCE

Last edited by RavenAvi : 8th June 2015 at 11:19.
RavenAvi is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 8th June 2015, 12:37   #381
BHPian

^^^
The above spy-pics indicate that the Creta gets grey+black dual tone upholstery and beige+black dual tone dashboard. Is it a large touch-screen HU in there?? That is really great considering this is a mid variant. Alloys + integrated turn indicators in a mid-variant makes the Creta really a premium offering. But then, why skimp with a manual AC?? Why not an ACC across the variant range?? Wouldn't that be sweeter??

Anyway, this is one sweet looking car compared to the S-Cross. It is not as butch as a Duster (at least going by the pics) but definitely has a more refined look. Only things I am concerned about is the leg room and head room in the rear. From the pics, I get an impression that there will be a bit of shortage in these two - have to see it in flesh to confirm or clear my doubts.
Old 8th June 2015, 13:14   #382
BHPian

The interior really looks cool and must have loads of space for storage etc. looking at the pics. Am not sure if that is such a large touch screen system, but if it is, then
Old 8th June 2015, 23:07   #383
BHPian

Watch "'Creta' to help gain leadership in SUV segment: H…" on YouTube - 'Creta' to help gain leadership in SUV segment: H…:
NaveenKD is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th June 2015, 23:26   #384
Senior - BHPian

This is what I like about Hyundai. The importance they give to Indian market. First they launch in India and THEN the rest of the world sees it. Grrreat! Unlike Ford, Honda, VW who launch it first in Thailand, China etc. Good to hear Creta will come with automatic option. I hope they do not limit it to petrol only. And also hope it is not stone-age 4-speed AT.
pgsagar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th June 2015, 00:29   #385
BANNED

Well, if this car is the TD car seen in Delhi, then this is the top spec car.
Old 9th June 2015, 01:42   #386
Distinguished - BHPian

Only when i was discussing with my wife yesterday night that how it is high time we look at upgrading from City. The kinda traffic we have in Bangalore, i want an Automatic, and nothing feels like an upgrade from a Honda city in the segment of around 15 lacs. This looks like what will do the trick, will feel like we upgraded and i can target my automatic variant staying under 15 lacs OTR.

Bring it on Hyundai, 21st july can't come soon enough.
AtheK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th June 2015, 10:32   #387
Distinguished - BHPian

Hyundai reveals the exterior and interior designs of Creta through sketches.

Hyundai ix25 Compact SUV caught testing in India. EDIT: Named the Creta-cretaexteriors660x330.jpg
Hyundai ix25 Compact SUV caught testing in India. EDIT: Named the Creta-cretainteriors.jpg

Quote:
Hyundai Motor India Ltd, the country’s leading premium car manufacturer and the largest passenger car exporter, today unveiled the design renderings of upcoming new Global SUV – Hyundai Creta.

Hyundai Creta is based on Hyundai’s next generation and evolved Fluidic Sculpture 2.0 (FS2.0) Design philosophy. Fluidic Sculpture 2.0 Design philosophy carries forward the highly acclaimed Fluidic design theme in a more refined manner lending a Modern & Premium touch. FS 2.0 has achieved an evolution in design by adding class and greater value to its trendy styling and powerful posture
http://www.shifting-gears.com/2015/0...-of-creta-suv/

Last edited by volkman10 : 9th June 2015 at 10:35.
volkman10 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 9th June 2015, 10:51   #388
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Hyundai reveals the exterior and interior designs of Creta through sketches.

http://www.shifting-gears.com/2015/0...-of-creta-suv/
I dont know if anyone else sees this, but it looks VERY similar to my tucson, the interiors. The curves, the armrest, the dash, etc
Thats not a bad thing, though. The tooky is quite convenient in that layout.
mayankk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2015, 13:09   #389
Distinguished - BHPian

Official website is now up and running: http://www.hyundai.com/in/en/Showroo...PIP/index.html

Hyundai India home page:

Hyundai ix25 Compact SUV caught testing in India. EDIT: Named the Creta-untitled.jpg

Creta under "Showroom/See All" (under "SUV" also):

Hyundai ix25 Compact SUV caught testing in India. EDIT: Named the Creta-untitled2.jpg

The Creta home page:

Hyundai ix25 Compact SUV caught testing in India. EDIT: Named the Creta-untitled3.jpg

Contains the official design sketches and a short description (for now):

Hyundai ix25 Compact SUV caught testing in India. EDIT: Named the Creta-untitled4.jpg

Last edited by RavenAvi : 9th June 2015 at 13:11.
RavenAvi is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 9th June 2015, 15:34   #390
RSR
Senior - BHPian

From the interior sketch, one can see that it has climate control and a music system that's very similar to that on the i20. So it must have the usual AM/FM radio, CD player, Aux-in & USB, along with 1GB on-board memory and full Bluetooth functionality.

A touch-screen navigation system may not be offered. Not a big deal, but I hope six airbags are available on the top variant.

The Creta is a golden opportunity for Hyundai to get the variants right with respect to safety features. Even the base model needs to have at least a driver airbag as standard. ABS would be nice too. The sub-4m EcoSport already offers 6 airbags, so this is a must on the Creta's top variant.

I hope they offer a 1.4 petrol engine (preferably, the newer 1.4 Kappa dual VTVT) to ensure a mouth-watering starting price, and to cater to those with low usage. This engine can be replaced by the newly developed 1.0 Kappa T-GDi whenever it becomes available. Only Ford caters satisfactorily to petrol heads with the EcoSport, and there is quite an opportunity here for Hyundai.

Even the 1.4 CRDi from the i20 can be offered on the lower diesel variants to keep the starting price sensible. The 1.6 CRDi will attract some additional excise duty, so it can be reserved for the middle and top variants, as well as the automatic ones.

Hyundai's Verna has been pushed to 3rd spot in the C2 sedan segment by newer rivals such as City and Ciaz. If Hyundai are sensible with the Creta's variants and pricing, they can compensate for the Verna losing its lustre by making a huge impact on the 4m+ crossover segment.

The 40,000 units/month and 45,000 units/month domestic sales milestones have been waiting for a second manufacturer to cross them for a long, long time, Hyundai! It would be utterly foolish of you to miss this opportunity by making a mess of the variants and pricing.

Last edited by RSR : 9th June 2015 at 15:40.
RSR is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed