Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th June 2015, 16:01   #391
BANNED

Re: Hyundai ix25 Compact SUV caught testing in India. EDIT: Named the Creta

Post Deleted by the Team-BHP Support: Do NOT submit biased messages on Team-BHP. We prefer to call a spade a spade.

Do NOT post messages that are misleading to other members.

Last edited by GTO : 10th June 2015 at 11:35.
Old 9th June 2015, 16:06   #392
Lij
BHPian

As long as the vehicle delivers don't think the name will play any significant role in its sales.

Below two articles mention probably how Hyundai came up with this name -

http://wot.motortrend.com/1506_hyund...crossover.html

http://www.autos.ca/general-news/hyu...pcoming-creta/

Quote:
The Creta moniker derives primarily from the Greek isle of Crete. Crete is the largest of the Greek isles and in ancient times, was the focal point for the world’s trade and culture, connecting Europe, Asia and Africa. Creta is a combination of Crete and ‘creative’, according to Hyundai
Lij is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 9th June 2015, 19:27   #393
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Hyundai Creta media drive is scheduled by the end of this month.
With two vehicles in similar price range and class being released soon from two of the most popular companies in India, I think everyone interested is going to pay a close attention to the first drives and reviews.
Old 10th June 2015, 14:07   #394
Distinguished - BHPian

The Hyundai Creta will come with a 6-speed AT transmission for both petrol AND diesel engines, confirms MotorTrend India.

Quote:
This vehicle will initially be powered by a 1.6 litre, 4 cylinder diesel engine that puts out a peak power figure of 126 bhp; they very same engine that drives the Hyundai Verna.
Later on, a 1.6 litre, 4 cylinder petrol engine is also expected for the Creta.
But a huge USP of this vehicle is the option of a 6 speed automatic transmission. This option will add loads of convenience to the boring chore of daily commuting and it will be available to the buyers of both petrol and diesel versions of the Hyundai Creta.
Excellent news, I must say.
RavenAvi is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 10th June 2015, 15:04   #395
BHPian

I am waiting for this SUV to replace my four year old safari. I hope Hyundai wont compromise on the build quality in terms of structural strength and will have the same standards as in their international releases. I own two Hyundai cars and i feel my 2010 i10 is better built than our 2014 xcent even though the Indian made i10 failed terribly in global safety tests. More profits at the cost of lives?
Old 11th June 2015, 15:25   #396
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
The Hyundai Creta will come with a 6-speed AT transmission for both petrol AND diesel engines, confirms MotorTrend India.

Excellent news, I must say.
I agree. If Hyundai plonk Elantra's 6 speed automatic transmission into Creta along with 6 airbags and ABS and price top end variant below 15 lacs, then Creta will make it top of my list for the next purchase.
Simhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2015, 17:36   #397
Senior - BHPian

Received a mailer from Hyundai today on the Hyundai Creta coming soon. A new website has been designed for this car and the launch is expected very soon in July, 2015.

http://www.hyundaicreta.com/
fusionbang is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 13th June 2015, 16:03   #398
BHPian

I, for one, am hoping that Hyundai would do the right thing & up the safety features game by providing Traction Control & Stability Control in addition to 6 Airbags, ABS, EBD & Brake Assist.

When I bought my Fluidic Verna 4 years ago, I decided to spring for the High-end petrol version with safety kit than the similarly priced Diesel. I was called a fool by many who know me but I'd rather be safe on our crazy roads than save a few hundred rupees every month.

Hope Hyundai listens....
Desi Dybuk is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th June 2015, 22:45   #399
Distinguished - BHPian

Any news on any AWD variant? Not expecting one at launch for sure coz Hyundai would want to keep a realistic ceiling price point. Maybe some months down the line?
Old 14th June 2015, 20:40   #400
BHPian

Hyundai is claiming to launch the Creta in India first and then subsequently in other countries. But wasnt ix25 launched last year in China? Is this the reason behind a name change so they can claim Creta was launched in India?
Old 15th June 2015, 12:27   #401
BHPian

I checked with one of the sales outlets in bangalore a few days ago. The sales person seemed dumb and had very little info but said quite confidently that the auto version would only be launched 6 months later.
Old 17th June 2015, 14:17   #402
BHPian

I love the looks! It does exactly look like a mini version of Santa Fe and will help to upsell it to aspirational owners of the Santa Fe. Any words from the company on its pricing? Or any educated guesses?

- If I buy a Creta and sell it off, do I become an 'excreta' owner?
rahul4321 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th June 2015, 15:40   #403
Distinguished - BHPian

MotorTrend reports that the Hyundai Creta might be launched with the sole option of the 1.6L diesel, with the other options (1.4L diesel & 1.6L petrol) coming afterwards.

I hope it's not true, because Hyundai would lose a large chunk of potential Creta petrol customers who are waiting for it by putting their EcoSport bookings on standby.

Quote:
Under the bonnet of the Hyundai Creta will be a 1.6 litre, 4 cylinder diesel engine that puts out 126 bhp. This will be the only engine option at the outset but later on, the South Korean car maker will definitely be bringing more motors. As an added bonus, Hyundai will also offer a 6 speed automatic gearbox for the Creta.
Motor Trend
Old 17th June 2015, 17:01   #404
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
MotorTrend reports that the Hyundai Creta might be launched with the sole option of the 1.6L diesel, with the other options (1.4L diesel & 1.6L petrol) coming afterwards.

I hope it's not true, because Hyundai would lose a large chunk of potential Creta petrol customers who are waiting for it by putting their EcoSport bookings on standby.

Motor Trend
I don't think so. It is going to be priced much above the Ecosport and slightly above the Duster. At that price range hardly anybody would buy a petrol. Even in the case of Duster petrol variants hardly sell. So Hyundai should rather not launch a petrol, even later.
Old 17th June 2015, 20:15   #405
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhruv45in View Post
Hyundai is claiming to launch the Creta in India first and then subsequently in other countries. But wasnt ix25 launched last year in China? Is this the reason behind a name change so they can claim Creta was launched in India?
ix25 is already launched in various countries such as Russia and China if not more. Search Youtube and you will find plethora of videos and even some from ix25 'off road clubs'. Did Hyundai claim this on record?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks