Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th June 2015, 21:13   #406
BHPian

Re: Hyundai ix25 Compact SUV caught testing in India. EDIT: Named the Creta

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-sense View Post
I don't think so. It is going to be priced much above the Ecosport and slightly above the Duster. At that price range hardly anybody would buy a petrol. Even in the case of Duster petrol variants hardly sell. So Hyundai should rather not launch a petrol, even later.
Well even i had similar thoughts and felt they will price it premium to the ecosport as well as the duster, i frankly thought the top end ix25 will be pricier than the top end Verna , but a bit of digging around ( and i cannot reveal the source) tells me that they will price it (the top end of ix25) between the i20 top end and the Verna top end respectively .

Also the feature list i heard includes but not limited to .

1. Hill assist
2. Projector head lamps
3. Cornering lamps
4. Rear power outlet
5. 7" AVN screen
6. 5 spoke diamond cut 17" alloys
7 . 6 air bags

And the the 1.6 L diesel is expected to come with the AT as well as the MT

Of course i expect all these features to come with the top variant ONLY.

Now with that price and these features the Creta ix25 has the potential to become the most sought after mini SUV. In any case in a couple of weeks Hyundai will launch it and dispel any speculation and yes i am one of those waiting for the launch.
Old 17th June 2015, 21:37   #407
Distinguished - BHPian

Hyundai confirms the launch date - 21st July.

Quote:
Expected to be priced between Rs 8 to 10 lakhs, Creta is expected to play a big role in Hyundai achieveing the set sales target of 4,65,000 units in 2015.
http://auto.economictimes.indiatimes...-date/47709832
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2015, 22:31   #408
BHPian

Good to know that Creta will come with Hill assist. But I seriously doubt that top end creta will be priced less than top end Verna. Top End diesel with all bells and whistles will be priced similarly to Duster 110ps RxZ(2wd).
Edit: plus we already have i20 active sitting between i20 Elite and Verna

Last edited by NaveenKD : 17th June 2015 at 22:36.
Old 17th June 2015, 23:22   #409
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Observer View Post

Also the feature list i heard includes but not limited to .

1. Hill assist
2. Projector head lamps
3. Cornering lamps
4. Rear power outlet
5. 7" AVN screen
6. 5 spoke diamond cut 17" alloys
7 . 6 air bags

And the the 1.6 L diesel is expected to come with the AT as well as the MT
Please, please tell me feature list also includes magical words "6-speed AT". I've put my used Scorpio AT purchase on hold to check this one out. These are the only two diesel SUVs with AT option under 20L.
Old 18th June 2015, 01:10   #410
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
This is what I like about Hyundai. The importance they give to Indian market. First they launch in India and THEN the rest of the world sees it. Grrreat! Unlike Ford, Honda, VW who launch it first in Thailand, China etc. Good to hear Creta will come with automatic option. I hope they do not limit it to petrol only. And also hope it is not stone-age 4-speed AT.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaveenKD View Post
Watch "'Creta' to help gain leadership in SUV segment
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinayrathore View Post
ix25 is already launched in various countries such as Russia and China if not more. Search Youtube and you will find plethora of videos and even some from ix25 'off road clubs'. Did Hyundai claim this on record?
If you watch the video above, at 6:00 it says the Creta will be globally launched in India first and then worldwide. Is that the reason behind calling it creta and not iX25?

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 18th June 2015 at 10:38. Reason: Removing Youtube URLs from quoted post.
Old 18th June 2015, 09:08   #411
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai ix25 Compact SUV caught testing in India. EDIT: Named the Creta

He was smart not to talk of the pricing. At Least the Auto is now confirmed. I would guess that it will be priced around a lakh more than the Verna variant to variant. The Verna SX CRDI auto retails for around Rs 15.4 on road Bangalore and would expect the top of the line Creta to retail for around 16 lakh on road Bangalore.Unless of course Hyundai want to shock price it to make up for the falling Verna sales and maintain the momentum till the all new Verna makes its debut.

Last edited by Arjun Reddy : 18th June 2015 at 09:29.
Old 18th June 2015, 10:04   #412
BANNED

Mod Note : There are several spelling & grammatical errors in your posts. This negatively affects the forum experience for other readers.

Kindly ensure that you proof-read your posts prior to submission. Also, it would be a good idea to use a spell-checker.

Last edited by GTO : 18th June 2015 at 15:49.
sandy0904 is offline   Received Infraction
Old 18th June 2015, 10:32   #413
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Observer View Post
they will price it (the top end of ix25) between the i20 top end and the Verna top end respectively .
If I infer correctly, you are saying that the range would start at 8L going up to 12L. The Duster is priced between 8.3L and 12.5L, not too different. At that price range the petrol Duster isn't selling. I don't expect the petrol Creta to sell well either.
Old 18th June 2015, 11:04   #414
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai must include a petrol engine option on the Creta. Their 1.4 Kappa dual VTVT would be the ideal choice. This 1368cc engine belongs to the newer, extremely refined, lightweight, all-aluminium Kappa family. It can be tuned to produce 100 PS ~ 108 PS, depending on local conditions.

A 1.4 petrol would give them a huge boost in terms of pricing strategy. It costs less to manufacture than a CRDi engine, and it attracts less excise than 1.6 litre engines (both petrol & diesel). A mouthwatering starting price is possible only if a 1.4 litre petrol engine finds a place in the engine range. At least two lower variants (adequately equipped with safety features) must be offered with the 1.4 petrol.

Apart from helping to attract people into showrooms with a tempting starting price for the Creta range, it will also bring in plenty of buyers who are looking at premium hatchbacks and C2 segment sedans. Paying 1.2 lacs extra for a diesel makes no sense for those with a low average monthly usage.

A 1.4 petrol engine option is a must on the Creta, and let it be the 1.4 Kappa dual VTVT!

Last edited by RSR : 18th June 2015 at 11:09.
RSR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th June 2015, 13:52   #415
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSR View Post
Hyundai must include a petrol engine option on the Creta. Their 1.4 Kappa dual VTVT would be the ideal choice. This 1368cc engine belongs to the newer, extremely refined, lightweight, all-aluminium Kappa family. It can be tuned to produce 100 PS ~ 108 PS, depending on local conditions.

A 1.4 petrol would give them a huge boost in terms of pricing strategy. It costs less to manufacture than a CRDi engine, and it attracts less excise than 1.6 litre engines (both petrol & diesel). A mouthwatering starting price is possible only if a 1.4 litre petrol engine finds a place in the engine range. At least two lower variants (adequately equipped with safety features) must be offered with the 1.4 petrol.

Apart from helping to attract people into showrooms with a tempting starting price for the Creta range, it will also bring in plenty of buyers who are looking at premium hatchbacks and C2 segment sedans. Paying 1.2 lacs extra for a diesel makes no sense for those with a low average monthly usage.

A 1.4 petrol engine option is a must on the Creta, and let it be the 1.4 Kappa dual VTVT!
A 1.4 engine, no matter what its peak power is, is going to be a tad under-powered in a car the size of the Creta. Even the Ecosport which is a bit smaller than the Creta struggles with the 1.5L petrol engine.
Old 18th June 2015, 16:52   #416
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-sense View Post
A 1.4 engine, no matter what its peak power is, is going to be a tad under-powered in a car the size of the Creta. Even the Ecosport which is a bit smaller than the Creta struggles with the 1.5L petrol engine.
The older 1.4 Gamma VTVT (which produces 107 PS @ 6300 rpm and 13.8 kg.m @ 5000 rpm) powers the Fluidic Verna 1.4 perfectly well.

The newer 1.4 Kappa dual VTVT is a more linear motor and produces its peak torque at just 3500 rpm (as opposed to 5000 rpm for the older Gamma). The Creta wouldn't weigh too much more than the Verna, so the 1.4 Kappa would do just fine as an entry level engine option.

It should be offered as an option on lower variants, at least until the 1.0 Kappa T-GDi is ready to be unleashed across the range.

Ford's 1.5 TiVCT petrol motor (despite its impressive output on paper) has a weak lower & mid range. That's why it feels underpowered, at least in manual guise.

Sensible tuning & intelligent gearing would make the 1.4 Kappa more than sufficient to power the Creta.

Hyundai simply cannot afford to ignore petrol heads, so a petrol engine is a must on the Creta! They can be smart and choose to utilise the 1.4 Kappa to ensure a mouthwatering price tag.

Last edited by RSR : 18th June 2015 at 17:12.
RSR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2015, 16:57   #417
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSR View Post
Hyundai must include a petrol engine option on the Creta.
I guess both Hyundai and its prospective rival have reviewed the sales of Duster - petrol variant in this segment and concluded their variant list at launch.
At the outset it doesn't seem promising that a petrol variant will be offered, or maybe at a later date!
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2015, 17:08   #418
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
I guess both Hyundai and its prospective rival have reviewed the sales of Duster - petrol variant in this segment and concluded their variant list at launch.
At the outset it doesn't seem promising that a petrol variant will be offered, or maybe at a later date!
IIRC, in that video interview to NDTV Prime, the senior VP of Hyundai mentions both 'powerful' petrol and diesel engines on the Creta, without saying anything specific about any engine. I think that should mean(hopefully) that they are launching with both the verna 1.6 engines and not just the diesel.

And regarding the price, he evasively says that the segment is from 8-12 lakhs, so I'm guessing the top end diesel will come in at 12 lakhs Ex-Showroom
Whichcarnow is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2015, 17:21   #419
BHPian

It seems possible that Hyundai may just offer jump seats for the third row in a bid to increase the number of seats offered in the vehicle. Even in earlier news it has been highlighted.
Does anyone has update on it whether Creta will be 5 seater or 7 seater?
Old 18th June 2015, 19:32   #420
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddriver View Post
It seems possible that Hyundai may just offer jump seats for the third row in a bid to increase the number of seats offered in the vehicle. Even in earlier news it has been highlighted.
Does anyone has update on it whether Creta will be 5 seater or 7 seater?
No way, just not possible considering the dimensions of the car. No test mule has been spotted with jump seats. I am sure Hyundai will not attempt this, Creta will remain a 5 seater and thats how its supposed to be.
rahul412 is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed