Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th June 2015, 20:56   #421
BHPian

Re: Hyundai ix25 Compact SUV caught testing in India. EDIT: Named the Creta

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
Please, please tell me feature list also includes magical words "6-speed AT". I've put my used Scorpio AT purchase on hold to check this one out. These are the only two diesel SUVs with AT option under 20L.
http://bit.do/MotorTrend

Yes @pgsagar, it's definatly coming with Diseal AT. I am just thrilled with this news.You can add XUV as well to bellow 20L Diesel AT category as it's almost certain that M&M would also launch a XUV AT around Diwali this year. Very exciting time for Indian Auto scene and exciting time for me personally as well. I have decided to bid adieu to our 1.5yr old Terrano. By the end of this year I will decide which one of these will replace the Terrano.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinayrathore View Post
ix25 is already launched in various countries such as Russia and China if not more. Search Youtube and you will find plethora of videos and even some from ix25 'off road clubs'. Did Hyundai claim this on record?
http://bit.do/CNBC-Interview

In this interview to CNBC, Hyundai India senior VP tells that its a global car launching in India. He even declares that India manufactured Creta will be exported to other countries as well. hyundaicreta.com also says that its 'HYUNDAI’S NEW GLOBAL SUV'.I sense its more than just renaming an already selling ix25.

As rightly mentioned by a fellow BHPian in this discussion, its great to see Hyundai giving importance to Indian market by launching global SUV here first. I still remember Hyundai's entry to India back in 1998. The way they introduced themselves in a foreign country and big launch of Santro with Mr SRK as brand ambassador witch was a runway success. They have come a long way since then. How I wish our very own Tata's and M&M's had entered this passenger cars segment much earlier. But again, that doesn't guarantee a success(remember Daewoo Motors?)
Old 18th June 2015, 21:20   #422
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueEyes View Post

http://bit.do/CNBC-Interview

In this interview to CNBC, Hyundai India senior VP tells that its a global car launching in India. He even declares that India manufactured Creta will be exported to other countries as well. hyundaicreta.com also says that its 'HYUNDAI’S NEW GLOBAL SUV'.I sense its more than just renaming an already selling ix25.

As rightly mentioned by a fellow BHPian in this discussion, its great to see Hyundai giving importance to Indian market by launching global SUV here first. I still remember Hyundai's entry to India back in 1998. The way they introduced themselves in a foreign country and big launch of Santro with Mr SRK as brand ambassador witch was a runway success. They have come a long way since then. How I wish our very own Tata's and M&M's had entered this passenger cars segment much earlier. But again, that doesn't guarantee a success(remember Daewoo Motors?)
So if the ix25 is already selling in other markets, how does that make it a Global Launch just by renaming it? If this is what Hyundai is really up to, I feel its more of a marketing gimmick than anything else without any value addition to us, the customers.

Honestly, I do not expect this from a company like Hyundai.

Last edited by vinayrathore : 18th June 2015 at 21:21.
Old 19th June 2015, 07:10   #423
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueEyes View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinayrathore View Post
So if the ix25 is already selling in other markets, how does that make it a Global Launch just by renaming it? If this is what Hyundai is really up to, I feel its more of a marketing gimmick than anything else without any value addition to us, the customers.
It probably is not just a case of renaming. Creta maybe an Indianised version of ix25 (read build-to-cost) and marked to be exported to other developing markets. I believe the Grand i10 was another case of Global car launched out of India. Even though its development started in India, they have kind of differentiated it from what is being sold in Europe as the 2nd gen i10.
vb-saan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2015, 10:14   #424
Distinguished - BHPian

Fresh spyshots of the Hyundai Creta by IAB readers at two different locations - near the Yamuna Expressway and on the outskirts of Chennai:

Hyundai ix25 Compact SUV caught testing in India. EDIT: Named the Creta-hyundaicretafrontspiedchennai900x666.jpg

Hyundai ix25 Compact SUV caught testing in India. EDIT: Named the Creta-hyundaicretasidespiedchennai900x666.jpg

Hyundai ix25 Compact SUV caught testing in India. EDIT: Named the Creta-hyundaicretarearquarterspiedchennai900x666.jpg

Hyundai ix25 Compact SUV caught testing in India. EDIT: Named the Creta-hyundaicretarearspiedchennai900x683.jpg

Hyundai ix25 Compact SUV caught testing in India. EDIT: Named the Creta-hyundaicretarearspiednoida765x1024.jpg

Hyundai ix25 Compact SUV caught testing in India. EDIT: Named the Creta-hyundaicretaspiednoida765x1024.jpg

Hyundai ix25 Compact SUV caught testing in India. EDIT: Named the Creta-hyundaicretawheelspiednoida765x1024.jpg

Hyundai ix25 Compact SUV caught testing in India. EDIT: Named the Creta-hyundaicretafrontspiednoida822x1024.jpg

The Creta enters mass production from tomorrow at Hyundai's Chennai plant, with an official launch scheduled for July 21st. It will come with a 1.6L petrol engine option, and two (1.4L & 1.6L) diesel options.

IAB

Last edited by RavenAvi : 19th June 2015 at 10:17.
RavenAvi is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 19th June 2015, 11:22   #425
Senior - BHPian

Is Hyundai supporting Car Play or Android Auto in this or any newly released cars?

I am sure there was no update for ix25 also which makes the statement of launching this car in India even more misleading.
Old 19th June 2015, 11:27   #426
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post

The Creta enters mass production from tomorrow at Hyundai's Chennai plant, with an official launch scheduled for July 21st. It will come with a 1.6L petrol engine option, and two (1.4L & 1.6L) diesel options.

Thanks RavenAvi for these pics, eagerly awaiting the launch myself.

Just thought i ll mention that i heard 18th June was actually the 3rd day of mass production of the Creta , the car is expected to be given / shown to the Media by end of June.

Last edited by The Observer : 19th June 2015 at 11:30.
Old 19th June 2015, 11:29   #427
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai ix25 Compact SUV caught testing in India. EDIT: Named the Creta

I hope they launch some new paint shades. I am actually tired of their standard 6-7 shades they offer. Any idea on this?

Hyundai ix25 Compact SUV caught testing in India. EDIT: Named the Creta-imageuploadedbyteambhp1434693615.803557.jpg

Last edited by moralfibre : 19th June 2015 at 12:27.
Arjun Reddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2015, 14:14   #428
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun Reddy View Post
Will Indian version Creta look same as this ix25? If it does then heavens help the competition. The proportions are so spot on. Only problem is, I see too much of Swift in it.
Old 19th June 2015, 14:24   #429
BHPian

Can't wait to get a new ix25, oops, CRETA. Seems to be a really good package overall that will give Duster, Terrano and Ecosport a run for their money. A very desirable mini-SUV indeed. However, never seen pictures of any test cars with a panaromic sunroof or LED tail lights (which I saw on some ix25 review videos from China) . I guess we won't be getting those in India. Would have been great if Hyundai could make that available even as an option.
Old 19th June 2015, 15:17   #430
Senior - BHPian

My brother from Mumbai reports that he has seen many Creta's today on the sealink without camouflage. He feels they were being driven by Hyundai's drivers and the cars were registered. Is it possible ? I did read that the media drives begin 20th of June.
Old 19th June 2015, 15:22   #431
Team-BHP Support

Today, of all days ? I thought Mumbai is drowning today.
Old 19th June 2015, 16:58   #432
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik_kapur View Post
My brother from Mumbai reports that he has seen many Creta's today on the sealink without camouflage. He feels they were being driven by Hyundai's drivers and the cars were registered. Is it possible ? I did read that the media drives begin 20th of June.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Today, of all days ? I thought Mumbai is drowning today.
Maybe they are testing the "Suv"ness by driving it around on heavy rain conditions!!
praveen_v is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2015, 17:05   #433
Distinguished - BHPian

ET speculates the picing of Creta.

Quote:
Hyundai are renowned for their cut throat pricing and the new Creta will follow this tradition. It is expected that the Korean carmaker will price the new Creta with a starting price of around 9 lakh for the base variant as an introductory offer to garner the sales numbers. The top-spec variant of the Hyundai Creta could be priced around Rs 13 lakh.
http://auto.economictimes.indiatimes...tions/47733358
Old 19th June 2015, 19:44   #434
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
4 speed AT is a bit disappointing. I was expecting a 6 speed AT in a 13 lac ex showroom priced car.
Old 19th June 2015, 20:25   #435
BHPian

If the facelifted Verna 1.6 Diesel is offered with a 4- speed AT, is it probable they would offer the 6- speed with the Creta?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks