Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th December 2014, 09:12   #61
BHPian

re: Hyundai ix25 Compact SUV caught testing in India. EDIT: Named the Creta

Suddenly news started flowing on ix25 launch in India. I think HMIL started creating buzz about their new launches i20 cross and ix25. Suddenly I saw quite a few news articles over this weekend like the one below for example
http://www.ibtimes.co.in/upcoming-hy...0-cross-616209
The above article talks about engine options 1.6 petrol and diesel that to in a price range of 8-12L. Of course these are all speculations but I am looking with my eyes wide open for the official/actual details.

SUV bug started biting me as well for the last 6-7 months and targeting the new purchase in the second half of 2015. If at all ix25 comes with 1.6L diesel and 4WD combo, it will make to the final list.
hillsnrains is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2014, 11:35   #62

It truly is a beautiful car. With lot of elements borrowed from the Evoque. I went to Advaith Hyundai in Bangalore yesterday for some work and enquired about this. They didn't commit on the launch date but gave me a wry smile.

Lot of suspense here. But this car is going to be a huge hit.

Mod Note: Please avoid typing with excessive dots.........like................this.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 20th December 2014 at 07:52.
Old 22nd December 2014, 13:53   #63
Team-BHP Support

Re: Hyundai plans to enter compact SUV, MPV segments in India

Hyundai has confirmed that it will launch the ix25 compact SUV in India in a few months from now.

Link to Team-BHP News Article
Aditya is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 24th December 2014, 05:24   #64
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
Hyundai has confirmed that it will launch the ix25 compact SUV in India in a few months from now.

Link to Team-BHP News Article

Any confirmation as to what "few months" will transcend to?
Old 24th December 2014, 07:46   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by methecupid View Post
Any confirmation as to what "few months" will transcend to?
Seems like they will announce facelifted Verna and Elite i20 cross in Jan. May be ix25 announcement will then come in Feb / March 2015. They should not delay it further than March to account for a better overall sales figure for 2015.
arunkk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2014, 07:48   #66
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunkk View Post
Seems like they will announce facelifted Verna and Elite i20 cross in Jan. May be ix25 announcement will then come in Feb / March 2015. They should not delay it further than March to account for a better overall sales figure for 2015.
Add to it the fact the Maruti gets the S-Cross most probably in the first quarter. So to keep up the fight hope they bring it on early.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2014, 08:37   #67
BHPian

Gurus,
Any hints on the pricing or expectations? I am hoping for 50K undercut into Duster's pricing at entry level and at par with it for higher variants(with better equipment like climate control, ABS, ESP, cruise control, at least 4 airbags). I am pretty sure Hyundai will never let down on safety and equipment levels.

Now the big question, who will take the first advantage ix25 or S-Cross? Only foreseen obstacle for Hyundai may be Verna facelift and Elite i20 psuedo cross over launches. Generally manufacturers will prefer to launch one after the other for several reasons.
hillsnrains is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2014, 09:31   #68
i10
BHPian

^ I believe Hyundai and Maruti are in a position where they wouldn't necessarily lose out on the first mover advantage. On the contrary, they may even benefit from the mistakes of other by launching a little late. However, considering that these two biggies are entering the 'cross' market, it is a given that we will soon have a new segment of cars - one where some pieces actually sell (yet to come across a Polo Cross)
i10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2014, 09:43   #69
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillsnrains View Post
Gurus,
Any hints on the pricing or expectations?
Expect very, very competitive pricing for the ix25, since Hyundai India is targetting ~90% localisation for it's Duster-rival.

A starting price of 7L-7.5L is very much possible, stretching to 12L-12.5L for the top variant.

Rakesh Shrivastava, Senior VP, Sales & Marketing, Hyundai Motor India Ltd., spoke to the Financial Express:

Quote:
Are you pointing towards the Elite i20 crossover vehicle—the Elite i20 Cross?
And the upcoming compact SUV, which is apparently the ix25?

We have indeed planned new products for 2015. A new design form of the Elite i20 could be one of these. And yes, we will launch our global SUV in India.

Will you again play on competitive pricing?
Whenever we launch a product, we always target above 90% localisation. The same will be for our compact SUV. We are fairly confident that we will surprise the market with our prices.
Complete interview - Financial Express
Related info - Cartoq

Last edited by RavenAvi : 24th December 2014 at 09:46.
RavenAvi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th December 2014, 12:25   #70

Among all the cars entering India next year, namely,
  • Maruti Suzuki XA Alpha
  • Maruti Suzuki SX4 S-Cross
  • Maruti Suzuki Celerio Diesel
  • New Honda Jazz
  • Honda Brio Based SUV
  • Hyundai i20 Cross
  • Mahindra's Sub-Compact SUV
  • Ford Figo Sedan
  • Tata Kite twins

This car should be the most awaited one.

Undoubtedly, the looks are more premium compared to it's competitors (Duster and Eco-sport). If they set the price right, it should sell good to Indian consumers

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...g-india-5.html
Old 27th December 2014, 06:48   #71
Senior - BHPian

Though it looks like the Kia equivalent of Elite i20, Indian Auto Blog features this as the Kia clone of Hyundai's forthcoming i25.

Quote:
What appears to be the production version of the Kia KX3 mini SUV has been spotted in China based on the Hyundai ix25 (India bound). The vehicle debuted in concept form at the 2014 Guangzhou Motor Show last month.

The KX3 crossover is 4,260 mm long, 1,765 mm wide, and 1,630 mm tall. It has a wheelbase of 2,590 mm, which is identical to the ix25. And like the ix25, the vehicle too is going to be powered by a 1.6-litre engines, both in naturally aspirated and turbocharged versions.
Source & Link:[/i] http://indianautosblog.com/2014/12/k...#ixzz3N3YYW5WL
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai ix25 Compact SUV caught testing in India. EDIT: Named the Creta-1.jpg  

Hyundai ix25 Compact SUV caught testing in India. EDIT: Named the Creta-2.jpg  

Hyundai ix25 Compact SUV caught testing in India. EDIT: Named the Creta-3.jpg  

Last edited by rajeev k : 27th December 2014 at 06:57.
rajeev k is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2014, 08:53   #72
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
A starting price of 7L-7.5L is very much possible, stretching to 12L-12.5L for the top variant.
Seems a bit optimistic to me. The only reason being, if they were to place it above I20, then how is it possible to be start so low? Also if they plan to compete in the premium X-over space, (Terrano) and they provide good finish, I am sure they would price it higher. Something like starting 10. So that the top end 4x4 (if they offer) goes up to 17/18. They sure would localise, but I suspect, they would use it for their own margins.
ampere is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th December 2014, 12:30   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Seems a bit optimistic to me. The only reason being, if they were to place it above I20, then how is it possible to be start so low? Also if they plan to compete in the premium X-over space, (Terrano) and they provide good finish, I am sure they would price it higher. Something like starting 10. So that the top end 4x4 (if they offer) goes up to 17/18. They sure would localise, but I suspect, they would use it for their own margins.
Exactly. Hyundai cars aren't priced as low as they used to be. But on the upside, they are generally loaded. Top-end ix25 would probably be priced over Duster top-end but will have more features.
Old 27th December 2014, 14:21   #74
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
Exactly. Hyundai cars aren't priced as low as they used to be. But on the upside, they are generally loaded. Top-end ix25 would probably be priced over Duster top-end but will have more features.
Well, the Duster's range starts from 7.86L (ex-showroom, Delhi), so a 7.5L starting price for the base variant of the ix25 isn't tough to achieve, considering Hyundai is aiming at such a high level of localisation + their VP's comment of saying "we will surprise the market with our pricing". Since they are targetting the EcoSport/Duster customer, the price range should be equal or +/- a few thousands to their pricing.

I was also of the impression previously that the ix25 would be a XUV 500-competitor in the 11L-15L range. But it's now a definite that they are gunning for the smaller SUV space with the ix25. This might also be based on the fact that they are planning to bring in an MPV by 2016 in the Innova price range, so they would like to keep that 10L-15L range free for it.
RavenAvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2014, 20:58   #75
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Well, the Duster's range starts from 7.86L (ex-showroom, Delhi), so a 7.5L starting price for the base variant of the ix25 isn't tough to achieve, considering Hyundai is aiming at such a high level of localisation + their VP's comment of saying "we will surprise the market with our pricing". Since they are targetting the EcoSport/Duster customer, the price range should be equal or +/- a few thousands to their pricing.
To a certain extent, I also think Hyundai is capable of undercutting the Duster and Terrano very nicely. And at the same time, they are equally capable of providing a good quality product. From that point of view, yes, they are very capable of getting some brilliant pricing. With that as a backdrop I am expecting the top end diesel to land bang in the top end Verna/City segment. (11-13 OTR as you initially said). Hyundai wont mind it eating into the Verna sales, if it also eats into the City market as well. If they can do that, then as you claim they price their MPV in the Innova range (or a bit lower as well! 15-18 )

I think that is the "shocking" part of what Hyundai's claim is in their press release. Because then that would force Duster/Terrano to come down.

Last edited by ampere : 28th December 2014 at 21:04.
ampere is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks