Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd January 2015, 21:17   #121
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (4)
re: Hyundai ix25 Compact SUV caught testing in India. EDIT: Named the Creta

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethan3686 View Post
Q2 is like April- June. all other sites predicting Q4 which is Oct - Dec. Dont know which ones to believe?
Usually Hyundai launches a new car 6-8 months after its first testing.. Since the ix 25 was spotted testing in August for the first time, I think it will launch in March or April..

Last edited by CarNerd : 22nd January 2015 at 21:21.
Old 24th January 2015, 15:15   #122
Distinguished - BHPian

The Motor Vikatan guys have caught the ix25 and the i20 Cross testing in hilly conditions together, near Kotagiri.

Hyundai ix25 Compact SUV caught testing in India. EDIT: Named the Creta-hyundaiix25hyundaielitei20crossspied.jpg

SOURCE - Motor Vikatan on Facebook

Last edited by RavenAvi : 24th January 2015 at 15:16.
RavenAvi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th January 2015, 15:39   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
The Motor Vikatan guys have caught the ix25 and the i20 Cross testing in hilly conditions together, near Kotagiri.
Is Hyundai planning for some more than the cosmetic changes in the i20 Cross? The only change I was expecting was just an increase in ground clearance. But the amount of testing they are doing gives me an intusion that something more is on offer. Probably an autobox? Or a more powerful engine option? Any clue experts?

This is one car along with Jazz that I am really looking forward to.
Old 24th January 2015, 16:09   #124
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post

SOURCE - Motor Vikatan on Facebook

The first car seems way too big to be ix25. It could be new Tucson or somethig. But if it really is ix25 and if comes with at least 5-speed automatic, then I can hardly wait for it.
Old 24th January 2015, 16:45   #125
Senior - BHPian

The first car in the pic looks like a Cross Polo which could be used as a benchmarking vehicle for the i20 Cross.
The SUV in the centre IS VERY MUCH teh ix25 and the one on the right is the i20 Cross.

let's not forget the ix25 is not a sub-4m SUV. And By the looks of it, wheel size etc, this could be priced well above Rs 10 lakh. More of an XUV competitor than say, a Duster.
fx45 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2015, 16:46   #126
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
The first car seems way too big to be ix25. It could be new Tucson or somethig. But if it really is ix25 and if comes with at least 5-speed automatic, then I can hardly wait for it.
That is the ix25 for sure. The roofline and the ABC pillars confirm that.

However, I am really surprised by the amount of testing done on the i20 cross. It is following the ix25 everywhere. Looks like i20 Cross might get mechanical updates like the Avventura, rather than just a body kit like the Etios cross and Cross polo.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th January 2015, 16:47   #127
BHPian

The first car in the pic indeed looks the size of duster. Or maybe the angle from which the photo makes it seems so. But the difference in size between the two cars is quite conspicuous.

Last edited by inder : 24th January 2015 at 16:49.
Old 24th January 2015, 17:44   #128
BHPian

Well the lights give it away. It is the ix25 for sure. But yes the pic confirms it might not be a sub 4 metre vehicle and hence pricing will take a hit. I will anyway be buying the AT version which should not be far away from the top end duster. But it will be costlier in the base and mid categories.
Old 24th January 2015, 17:54   #129
BHPian

Any Cross version of a hatchback undergoes mechanical changes in Suspension and more importantly in the Subframe (which connects Suspension to Body). The roadloads coming on to Body significantly changes with this new set-up and hence needs extensive Testing (both simulation and Testing).
NaveenKD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2015, 18:37   #130
RSR
Senior - BHPian

The first test mule is definitely the ix25, no doubt. 4m+ compact monocoque SUVs like the Duster/Terrano twins would be its direct competitors, so the EcoSport can breathe easy and have a free run till its sub-4m rivals from Maruti Suzuki and Mahindra arrive on the scene.

Hyundai don't have a sub-4m compact SUV in the works, so it looks like they're attempting to position the i20 Cross in that space. I hope it isn't just another Cross body kit without mechanical changes under the skin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
However, I am really surprised by the amount of testing done on the i20 cross. It is following the ix25 everywhere. Looks like i20 Cross might get mechanical updates like the Avventura, rather than just a body kit like the Etios cross and Cross polo.
Yeah, the i20 Cross is being tested too thoroughly for what appears to be a variant with body cladding. I've come across these test mules on different occasions (sorry, no pictures as I was behind the wheel) and on one occasion, an i20 Cross overtook me after the Dasaprakash signal and simply zoomed away.

The 83PS 1.2 Kappa lacks the turbo kick/surfeit of torque to take off like that from low speeds. The 90PS 1.4 CRDi has both, but I don't think it was an oil-burner (no muted diesel clatter & no smoke under hard acceleration). So don't be surprised if they're testing the 100PS 1.4 Kappa (different from the 100PS 1.4 Gamma on the old i20 Automatic), with or without an auto 'box. This engine is already available on the new European i20.

It would be better if it were to be the 1.0 Kappa T-GDI (to be introduced internationally this year) which can churn out either 120PS or 100PS depending on the state of tune. This can prove to be a very versatile motor, powering cars as varied as the Grand i10, Xcent, i20, Verna & ix25. With petrol cars making a comeback, and with Suzuki and Honda also readying their small capacity turbo-petrols, the time is ripe for Hyundai to bring in theirs on the i20 Cross.

Last edited by RSR : 24th January 2015 at 18:41.
RSR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th January 2015, 21:43   #131
BHPian

@rsr - I think to balance against the hit to be delivered by jazz , they would quickly bringin the 1 lit tgdi in I 20 and eventually all hatchbacks . 1 lit tgdi with 120 ps on i20 will be awesome.
abkett is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2015, 01:41   #132
BHPian

I had a word with a Senior Sales Staff at one of the dealerships. They usually get to know details around a week before the official launch and according to him, they are the last of the lot to know more about the new launch (They don't seem to spend time reading up on the Internet). He said there are talks that the top of the line (automatic 1.6 perhaps) will be priced somewhere around 13L OTR. This could be a hit given the first-in-segment HMIL is known to provide and the better fit and finish compared to the competition (Ecosport will be a tough competition though).
convivial is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th January 2015, 14:18   #133
BHPian

@convivial - Thanks for the information . I think even 13 lakhs ( OTR ) will be good enough for ix25 to bag the COTY award .
I could see a affordable skoda yeti in this offering . Being Hyundai , it will offer the best in class faetures . Hoping to see this launch during this year's festive season ( October / November ) .
Old 27th January 2015, 20:50   #134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by convivial View Post
I had a word with a Senior Sales Staff at one of the dealerships. They usually get to know details around a week before the official launch and according to him, they are the last of the lot to know more about the new launch (They don't seem to spend time reading up on the Internet). He said there are talks that the top of the line (automatic 1.6 perhaps) will be priced somewhere around 13L OTR. This could be a hit given the first-in-segment HMIL is known to provide and the better fit and finish compared to the competition (Ecosport will be a tough competition though).
Any speculation regarding the launch dates? Some websites claim a launch date set for the festive season in Oct-Nov. I wish the top variant OTR would be priced around 12L, at least as an introductory offer.
Old 28th January 2015, 08:23   #135
BHPian

As in picture attached ,ix25 and elite i 20 are undergoing rigorous testing . Ix25 slated for diwali launch and i20 cross probably could launch in april 2015 .
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai ix25 Compact SUV caught testing in India. EDIT: Named the Creta-hyundaiix25hyundaielitei20crossspied.jpg  

Closed Thread

Most Viewed