Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th September 2014, 17:17   #16
Team-BHP Support

re: Hyundai ix25 Compact SUV caught testing in India. EDIT: Named the Creta

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
I would love to proved wrong, as it provides an ideal upgrade option to me, a Duster owner.
Overall quality, fit and finish maybe better, but space-wise I don’t think this can be an upgrade from the Duster. This is said to be based on the Kia Soul, and so the pricing could be more towards the Yeti than the Duster/Ecosport.
Old 8th September 2014, 17:26   #17
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
This is said to be based on the Kia Soul, and so the pricing could be more towards the Yeti than the Duster/Ecosport.

If it goes towards Yeti, then its doomed. The pricing is way too high. Yeti in Bangalore starts with 16/17 OTR for the base version. My take: It should be at least 3L lower. Even engine wise its 2L Vs 1.6.
Old 8th September 2014, 18:47   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

This does not give me an impression of great rear bench. Even under thigh support seems suspect. At best I20/Jazz, but not like Duster. And if there is transmission tunnel, that would add it up.

I would love to proved wrong, as it provides an ideal upgrade option to me, a Duster owner.
Hi,
In terms of rear space, I think the Duster has similar legspace as Jazz or Ecosport. I found the shoulder space/width of the Duster to be more than these cars though. The old I20 was actually not very generous in terms of rear leg space..it was way less than Jazz/Ecosport. Not sure about the new one.

This car looks good and proportionate. The Duster has the right size but is let down by design which is at least a generation old.. the interiors in particular look pedestrian IMHO. The Ecosport is too short in length for a SUV and looks disproportionate from many angles (gives you the impression of a wannabe SUV which is a hatch in reality). This car seems to be the best of both worlds as far as a compact SUV is concerned and knowing Hyundai, it will be loaded with features. I am very interested in this launch as it could be my next upgrade. I also hope that Honda brings in the Vezel to make things even more interesting.

The pricing for a compact SUV in our market can't be in the range of Yeti..else it is doomed at launch.I am sure Hyundai will price it alongside the Duster/Terrano. Will they position it above the Verna or below? I guess it will be at par.

Last edited by adimicra : 8th September 2014 at 18:48.
Old 8th September 2014, 18:57   #19
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
Hi,
In terms of rear space, I think the Duster has similar legspace as Jazz or Ecosport. I found the shoulder space/width of the Duster to be more than these cars though. The old I20 was actually not very generous in terms of rear leg space..it was way less than Jazz/Ecosport. Not sure about the new one.

This car looks good and proportionate. The Duster has the right size but is let down by design which is at least a generation old.. the interiors in particular look pedestrian IMHO
I agree about the Duster interiors. I have partly improved it by adding Karlsson leather. Works well. For me it does the job. I actually feel the interiors are well put, even though they seem from a previous generation. They are functional.

As far as the leg room goes I am actually OK for my requirements. It's actually the width which is more important to me. I just hope it is sufficient on IX25. Because I am still not convinced on that. Need to have a look to confirm.

Last edited by ampere : 8th September 2014 at 19:23.
Old 8th September 2014, 19:25   #20
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
If it goes towards Yeti, then its doomed. The pricing is way too high. Yeti in Bangalore starts with 16/17 OTR for the base version. My take: It should be at least 3L lower. Even engine wise its 2L Vs 1.6.
They can price it sensibly considering the fact that Duster is quite overpriced in our market. Cars like S-Cross, ix25 can actually slot in the 15 lakhs range.
Old 8th September 2014, 19:28   #21
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
They can price it sensibly considering the fact that Duster is quite overpriced in our market. Cars like S-Cross, ix25 can actually slot in the 15 lakhs range.
Thats exactly what I am hoping. But since the Duster top end is already priced at 14 OTR, I expect these premium products to be priced a lakh or two more. And that I think is worth the price, given the quality and solidity of build, plushness of the interiors, gadgets and beast of an engine (1.6L, 120 bhp).

Thats why I have been maintaining that, the perfect price point for these premium X-overs would be the Terrano range.

Last edited by ampere : 8th September 2014 at 19:32.
Old 8th September 2014, 21:43   #22
Team-BHP Support

Yup, the rear seats may come close to Duster legroom which is not that much but definitely not the duster's rear seat width. Rear width appears close to the Ecosport.

Vid6639 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th September 2014, 12:08   #23
BHPian

Hi

To me its looks like more of a cross-over i20, so ix25.
While it does have resemblance to santa Fe, overall height & length is not great enough.
This car cannot take on Duster, which beats all (Ford, VW, Hyundai & Maruti)
Every-time I see a cross over or a smaller SUV (example- Ecosports) coming in, it further strengthens my supports for duster, which is I feel is a true SUV in spite of utilitarian feel inside as well as outside.
With the 4X4 coming in, Duster is sure to go long way.

Admit it, we Indian need more Sq. ft per paisa we pay and 4 mts norm is a eye wash.
If you get down to maths, for a 8 lakhs car the real impact to manufacturer is not more than 25K.

(Price difference between Duster base & Ecosports base is under 40K, which can be further bought down after some discount on Duster)

Hyundai please note that only game changer would be a 4X4 cross over like ix25 as off-roading is in thing. You can do away with little less features. Elite i20 did not get wild response. Polo 1.5D is still preferred equally, if not more.
Old 10th September 2014, 18:19   #24
BHPian

Hi Guys,
Basically I fell it will be like the Grand i20 and the rest of its competition. The IX25 will definitely compete with the likes of the Duster and Terrano but will be slightly over priced than those and the overpricing will be justified by the quality, fit and finish and equipment levels that the IX25 will offer. Well though the Grand i20 is priced slightly higher than the Polo or the Punto Evo the quality, fit and finish and equipment of the Grand i20 justifies the slightly higher pricing.
Considering the above factors the IX25 should be priced North or South of 15 lakhs. The 4X4 Automatic may go upto 16.5 OR 17 lakhs. There is a big vacuum in that price bracket and provided Hyundai gives good levels of equipment and quality it should sell in good numbers.
Old 12th September 2014, 11:32   #25
BHPian

This is a derivative of Kia Soul, I have driven and seen lots of Kia Soul in Nepal and I don't know why it looks strikingly similar to Kia Soul. I think they have the same designer from VW group, who is now responsible for designing Kia and Hyundai.

What goes in Kia goes to Hyundai and vice versa.
nepalken is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th September 2014, 13:19   #26
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepalken View Post
I think they have the same designer from VW group, who is now responsible for designing Kia and Hyundai.

What goes in Kia goes to Hyundai and vice versa.
Yes, Peter Schreyer is the design head for both Kia and Hyundai. Probably thats why the newer Hyundai models are less fludic and more European in its looks.
vb-saan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2014, 18:06   #27
Senior - BHPian

I find it to be a jacked up swift. The front window is same as the old gen swift.
Rear seat cant accommodate 3 people in reasonable comfort.

The door handle placement is weird, there is no symmetry.

Last edited by F150 : 12th September 2014 at 18:07.
Old 12th September 2014, 18:33   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
I find it to be a jacked up swift. The front window is same as the old gen swift.
I was just about to say that. 1st three-quarters eerily resemble a swift on steroids!
Old 12th September 2014, 21:28   #29
Team-BHP Support

Hyundai ix25 Compact SUV caught testing in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
I find it to be a jacked up swift. The front window is same
Quote:
Originally Posted by dheepak10 View Post
I was just about to say that. 1st three-quarters eerily resemble a swift on steroids!
Seems to be the international design language for compact soft roaders - pretty ugly one at that.

Here's another example- the Nissan Juke, another jacked up swift from the side profile-

Hyundai ix25 Compact SUV caught testing in India. EDIT: Named the Creta-imageuploadedbyteambhp1410537504.790001.jpg

For me- the IX25 looks very good from all sides, except for the side profile shot.
Old 12th September 2014, 23:22   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Seems to be the international design language for compact soft roaders - pretty ugly one at that.

Here's another example- the Nissan Juke, another jacked up swift from the side profile-
Comparing with Juke is a bit unfair. I'm yet to come across an OEM vehicle that is uglier than Juke.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks