Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th September 2014, 13:42   #1
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai ix25 Compact SUV caught testing in India. EDIT: Named the Creta

Mod Note: Our Creta Report has been taken live at this link. Please continue the discussion over on the new thread. Thanks!

IAB has shared some information on the spyshots of the ix25 being tested in India:

Hyundai ix25 Compact SUV caught testing in India. EDIT: Named the Creta-hyundaiix25spiedindiaiabrear.jpg

Hyundai ix25 Compact SUV caught testing in India. EDIT: Named the Creta-hyundaiix25spiedindiaiabside.jpg

Quote:
Indian Autos Blog reader, Mr. Vivaswantha M. S. Bhat, spotted the Hyundai ix25 compact SUV on test in Mangalore, Karnataka, a few days ago. The ix25, which will go on sale in India next year, will see the Korean car maker enter the hotly contested compact SUV segment composed of the Renault Duster, Ford EcoSport, Nissan Terrano and the Mahindra Scorpio.

The ix25 measures a Duster-rivaling 4.27 meters in length, 1.78 meters in width, 1.63 meters in height and 2.59 meters in wheelbase (Note: These dimensions are for the Chinese specification model and is likely to not change drastically).

Source: IAB

Last edited by GTO : 23rd August 2015 at 15:39. Reason: Adding link to review :)
_raVan_ is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 4th September 2014, 14:11   #2
Team-BHP Support

re: Hyundai ix25 Compact SUV caught testing in India. EDIT: Named the Creta

Nice!

This could be the most serious contender in the segment yet, one capable of shaking the leaders - Duster and Ecosport. It has the looks, and knowing Hyundai - should feel quite premium (unlike duster) and loaded with features similar to the Ecosport.

Hopefully, it wont be an 'Indianised' disappointment as the new Elite i20.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 4th September 2014 at 14:17.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2014, 14:43   #3
BHPian

Fanstastic scoop. I am planning to upgrade from my i20 next year and this will be perfect. Hopefully Hyundai will get all the gizmos as the European model and price it on par with duster and launch it in first half of 2015. Too many wishes huh !!!
Had the pleasure to see this in my trip to Norway and it looked stunning to say the least.
Old 4th September 2014, 16:19   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by athanedar View Post
Fanstastic scoop. I am planning to upgrade from my i20 next year and this will be perfect. Hopefully Hyundai will get all the gizmos as the European model and price it on par with duster and launch it in first half of 2015. Too many wishes huh !!!
Had the pleasure to see this in my trip to Norway and it looked stunning to say the least.
If you look at the timestamp of the first post of the Elite i20 test mules spotted (from its scoop thread), then dont look forward to this till atleast the 3Q 2015

Last edited by _raVan_ : 4th September 2014 at 16:21.
_raVan_ is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th September 2014, 16:34   #5
BHPian

Hyundai ix25 Compact SUV - Expected Price, Launch and Features

Quote:
The next big launch from Hyundai India will be a compact SUV which will take on the likes of Renault Duster and Ford EcoSport. Though there was some confusion if this product would arrive in India or not, the company seems to have made up its mind about bringing in the ix25. The reason we are so confident about the ix25 coming to India is because it has been spotted testing here quite a lot of times.
Hyundai ix25 Compact SUV caught testing in India. EDIT: Named the Creta-hyundai-ix25-1.jpg

Hyundai ix25 Compact SUV caught testing in India. EDIT: Named the Creta-hyundai-ix25-2.jpg

Note from Support: It is imperative for you to provide a source link when posting articles from another website / publication. Thanks!

Last edited by aah78 : 8th September 2014 at 20:07. Reason: Post edited. Source link added.
embee is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th September 2014, 17:11   #6
e46
BHPian

Thanks for sharing. There is already a related thread running under Indian automotive scene, with discussion regarding the ix25.

refer http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...s-india-3.html

Abhi
e46 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2014, 12:58   #7
GTO
Team-BHP Support

This is going to be huge.

Maruti & Hyundai are conspicuous by their absence from the compact SUV segment. Both missed predicting the potential of this category, yet have immense opportunity to add another 5,000 units minimum to their monthly tally. They were absent in the monocoque MPV segment too for the longest time. Maruti brought the Ertiga, Hyundai's 7-seater is still awaited. With a wide range of hatchbacks & sedans, it's these segments that give them growth opportunities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by e46 View Post
There is already a related thread running under Indian automotive scene, with discussion regarding the ix25.
Thanks! Have closed that thread.
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th September 2014, 13:03   #8
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by embee View Post
Expected Price: Rs. 7.50 Lakh - Rs. 11 Lakh
The pricing is suspect. When they say premium compact SUV, which is bigger than 4m, I doubt of they can price it so low. I expect the pricing to be on par with Terrano.

Last edited by ampere : 8th September 2014 at 13:08.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2014, 15:38   #9
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai ix25, the compact SUV from the Korean automaker, has been unveiled in China prior to its launch. This Hyundai's contender will take on the Ford EcoSport and the Renault Duster; and is ready to grab a fair share of the rapidly growing compact SUV market in India. The ix25 carries on Hyundai's Fluidic Sculpture design language.

Link to news article

Last edited by S2!!! : 8th September 2014 at 15:46.
Old 8th September 2014, 15:40   #10
BHPian

I guess I saw this same vehicle today afternoon under camo on NH8 going towards manesar, was almost identical to the ecosport in terms of size!
Old 8th September 2014, 16:22   #11
Senior - BHPian

Hope it will be as spacious as the Duster and not compete with Ecosport. To replace a sedan you need good boot space and only then it will be able to get a lot of customers as sedan alternative.
srishiva is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2014, 16:28   #12
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
Hope it will be as spacious as the Duster and not compete with Ecosport. To replace a sedan you need good boot space and only then it will be able to get a lot of customers as sedan alternative.
This is my exact worry. Based on pictures it does NOT look spacious (at best i20/Jazz). But yes its bigger than Ecosport for sure. But rear space, I doubt if it would be anywhere closer to Duster.
Old 8th September 2014, 16:31   #13
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai ix25 Compact SUV caught testing in India

Auto Car says that this is an official image. It was shared by Autocar on Facebook. Fit and finish looks outstanding.

Hyundai ix25 Compact SUV caught testing in India. EDIT: Named the Creta-imageuploadedbyteambhp1410174054.437150.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Team-BHP
Old 8th September 2014, 16:32   #14
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
This is my exact worry. Based on pictures it does NOT look spacious (at best i20/Jazz). But yes its bigger than Ecosport for sure. But rear space, I doubt if it would be anywhere closer to Duster.
From the pics here, particularly the side profile, it looks pretty tall and wide. It should be a spacious 5 seater.
Old 8th September 2014, 16:40   #15
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
From the pics here, particularly the side profile, it looks pretty tall and wide. It should be a spacious 5 seater.
@Zappo

I was referring to this particular image:

This does not give me an impression of great rear bench. Even under thigh support seems suspect. At best I20/Jazz, but not like Duster. And if there is transmission tunnel, that would add it up.

I would love to proved wrong, as it provides an ideal upgrade option to me, a Duster owner.
ampere is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed