Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th September 2014, 00:22   #61
BHPian

Re: 2014 Skoda Yeti Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem View Post
However I maybe tempted to buy the Merc A Class over A3 or X1 even though it has less space. Caz A its a Looker and B they haven't skimped on features. The cabin is truly like a baby Merc should be.
Did actually consider both those cars. I am 5'7" and have a simple test. I put the driving seat to my position and then try to sit behind comfortably. I failed. Add to this the lack of a spare wheel it kind of writes it's own story. But if its a fashionable city cruiser one is looking for, nothing like the A Class.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
The major thing that is against Yeti is its price Tag. The moment people see its price tag its like "Too small for the price, not worth it".

It is one of the perfect cars sent by God(Price apart) for the urban family.
Small is actually an advantage if you live in Bangalore and have to fight for every inch of parking space.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Ex-Showroom of reasonably loaded - sports line - 1 series is less than 24 lac in NCR Delhi
Nice car. Would not really work with 4 adults inside dragging through 6" of slush and mud. All inclusive in Bangalore with heavy discounts it comes to a bit more than 29 lacs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
If I may presume to make a suggestion on the colour, there is nothing quite like the Brilliant Silver, because it looks understated, elegant, classy and yet, is so very easy to maintain here in India - Silver does not show dirt or scratches the way the other colours do!
I have the 2005 version. It had it's own issues but that 1.6 L petrol motor is hard to let go of and everything you test drive on the good side of 15 lacs seem underpowered. The other reason would be the Low Lip Boot where one can sit and enjoy the scenery.
Old 24th September 2014, 19:33   #62
BHPian

I got an offer from one of the dealer for old yeti 4*4 top model for 20 lac on road. The price includes a cash discount of 1.9 lac. Dealer is not willing to negotiate any further. Do you guys think this is a reasonable offer?
Old 24th September 2014, 19:55   #63
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul412 View Post
I got an offer from one of the dealer for old yeti 4*4 top model for 20 lac on road. The price includes a cash discount of 1.9 lac. Dealer is not willing to negotiate any further. Do you guys think this is a reasonable offer?
Absolutely not. You should be getting it for around 17l or less now.
Old 24th September 2014, 20:21   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post

Absolutely not. You should be getting it for around 17l or less now.
Dealer is not willing to budge even a little.New yeti is priced at 24 lac. I even gave him a final offer of 19 but he refused. All negotiation hapenned on phone, planning to visit showroom this weekend.
Old 24th September 2014, 20:43   #65
Team-BHP Support

If you are interested in buying, hold on till December 2nd week. Mostly, dealers give discounts. I think it is worth going in for a new Yeti if the prices are not lowered of the existing.

I think a 50K to 1K discount might be offered in December end.

In all honesty, to me, the older Yeti appealed because of its quirky styling, this is too generic IMO
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2014, 20:58   #66
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shubhodeepdas@g View Post

Small is actually an advantage if you live in Bangalore and have to fight for every inch

I have the 2005 version. It had it's own issues but that 1.6 L petrol motor is hard to let go of and everything you test drive on the good side of 15 lacs seem underpowered. The other reason would be the Low Lip Boot where one can sit and enjoy the scenery.
Small is a distinct advantage in BLR.
The Yeti has a low loading lip in the boot. Great space inside for my needs, except for the failure of lateral golf bag test. But that is immaterial considering the long list of advantages coupled with the fact that mine is mostly a one man car or max two person car.
Old 25th September 2014, 09:21   #67
BHPian

2014 Skoda Yeti Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by acetrump View Post
Awesome review. I was waiting for the 2014 version of yeti. Have convinced my wife and she too seems impressed with the feature list the yeti has to offer. Now the plan to trade my 2010 Ford Endeavour 4x4 with the New Yeti. Can't wait.

Any BHPians in the thread looking to buy the new yeti?

I am seriously considering it along with octavia and jetta. I am planning to replace my innova and need comfortable seating for five. I am not too sure whether yeti provides that or not. The new yeti hasnt arrived here in ahmedabad so I have not been able to check it out.

My gut feeling is that they will come out with 1.6l diesel along with dsg transmission here too in lower trim levels for yeti. They have already launched this combo now in vento and rapid. They have this combination ready for indian market and it shouldn't be hard to launch it for yeti.

May be this is wishful thinking on my part.
Old 25th September 2014, 20:54   #68
BHPian

I am completely sold on the new Yeti! I currently drive a 4x4 Ambition that is 3 years old now. Yes it is more expensive but once you are yetixperienced there are not too many cars that would excite you and this car is wife-certified which is a huge plus for me . Honestly, i don't mind paying that bit extra for the new Yeti and my car replacement is due.
Old 26th September 2014, 17:13   #69
Team-BHP Support

I HAD to share this:

Despite asking my cousin not to repeat the same mistake (of buying a Skoda) he was adamant on exchanging his Yeti with this, the new one.

With the closure of Siliguri's outlet, called up Calcutta. The response was the worst I have dealt with. As per the dude, no Yeti's in this year. If you want a Yeti, go somewhere else, but don't bother us. And mind you, I was yet to utter the exchange word.

The phone number of the said sales rep is - 9051099208. This number was given by Mr. Pradip of Jia Auto.
Old 26th September 2014, 19:19   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
I HAD to share this:

Despite asking my cousin not to repeat the same mistake (of buying a Skoda) he was adamant on exchanging his Yeti with this, the new one.

With the closure of Siliguri's outlet, called up Calcutta. The response was the worst I have dealt with. As per the dude, no Yeti's in this year. If you want a Yeti, go somewhere else, but don't bother us. And mind you, I was yet to utter the exchange word.

The phone number of the said sales rep is - 9051099208. This number was given by Mr. Pradip of Jia Auto.
Oooo... that sounds pretty horrid!
I sure hope this is a one off case because one would love to believe that Skoda have turned a new leaf on customer care. Else it will be 'a long and winding road' for them into the Indian customer's heart.
Old 26th September 2014, 21:34   #71
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rutvij View Post
I am seriously considering it along with octavia and jetta. I am planning to replace my innova and need comfortable seating for five. I am not too sure whether yeti provides that or not. The new yeti hasnt arrived here in ahmedabad so I have not been able to check it out.
The Yeti won't be comfortable for 5 over long distances. The width of the back seat is less than the Innova. 4 people can fit in supreme comfort, but the 5th is fine only for shortish drives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjax View Post
I am completely sold on the new Yeti! I currently drive a 4x4 Ambition that is 3 years old now. Yes it is more expensive but once you are yetixperienced there are not too many cars that would excite you and this car is wife-certified which is a huge plus for me . Honestly, i don't mind paying that bit extra for the new Yeti and my car replacement is due.
That sounds like a good move. From the Ambition, you will be bombarded with features in the new Yeti. Only thing to look out for is the resale value of your present Yeti.
Old 27th September 2014, 11:35   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
That sounds like a good move. From the Ambition, you will be bombarded with features in the new Yeti. Only thing to look out for is the resale value of your present Yeti.
That is the case with most of the vehicles i own and have owned, old my endeavor and my ford fusion 1.4 D, my current Pajero Sport , Jazz and the Yeti. I picked the ambition 4x4 because i was getting a huge discount in comparison to the Elegance version. The Yeti has pampered me in many a ways and as result i find the lower end of the premium German Marquees under equipped and un-drive-able.
Old 28th September 2014, 12:41   #73
NKR
BHPian

1. This car will be apt for the city dwelling folk who needs that SUV for a lot of good reasons. The only reason that they should forget would be the extra space element. On the other hand, -thinking graciously you could say that this car can easily fit in a family of 2+2 + 1 dog and the extra luggage can go on top (with a wide variety of carrier options available). Thinking practically, how many times in a year do you drive a car on full load, three or four times maximum unless you are that type who loads up and ventures out every weekend.

2. The new Yeti, I believe is over priced, especially considering the fact that the 2010 model (Premium version) was launched at 16.5 L Approx . The new "goodies" that has been added, do not add up to 2+ lakhs of increase in price. Another fellow Bhpian has commented that cars in India of lower segments get fitted with these equipment at lower prices.

3. Having said that a food for thought could be this -- Take a case scenario where the same car with it's specs being sold under the Merc/Audi/BMW/Volvo badge- the price would have crossed 30 Lakhs plus irrespective of it's size (or whatever).

4. With a lot of non A.S.S around and Skoda renewing it's policy towards
service. The headaches would be lesser than today ( Keep the fingers crossed). Overall the Yeti is a very good package. One could only wish that they had launched it a tad bit cheaper.Well if wishes were horses then..!
NKR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2014, 07:08   #74
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NKR View Post
2. The new Yeti, I believe is over priced, especially considering the fact that the 2010 model (Premium version) was launched at 16.5 L Approx . The new "goodies" that has been added, do not add up to 2+ lakhs of increase in price. Another fellow Bhpian has commented that cars in India of lower segments get fitted with these equipment at lower prices.

3. Having said that a food for thought could be this -- Take a case scenario where the same car with it's specs being sold under the Merc/Audi/BMW/Volvo badge- the price would have crossed 30 Lakhs plus irrespective of it's size (or whatever).
A simple response:

1. What about Four years worth of inflation - to be fair, please do a cross-check on the price increases the manufacturers in general have imposed on other marques/ brands.

2. While the Hyundais of the world have masses of equipment, that has always been their strategy - load the cars and sell them cheaper, in order to gain market share from other manufacturers. However, some people do not mind paying more for the overall greater solidity and "European-ness" of these Skoda's, VW's and other marques/ brands.

End of the day, the consumer has plenty of choice and can always vote with his/her wallet. There are no restrictions per se.

Its just that in the current dispensation, there is absolutely nothing in the market which offers what the Yeti does, at its present pricing. The lower priced vehicle marques/brands are significantly lacking in "specs" as well as "badge value" and the higher priced vehicle marques/brands are significantly "de-specced" in order to meet a particular price point, in order to garner sales by tempting consumers with badge value at a more affordable price with their "Corporate Editions" etc.

The Yeti sits nicely in the middle - over priced as per some of us and good value as per a few of us.

Basically it is a 4 seater vehicle but it is absolutely ideal for 2 persons, their luggage and perhaps a pet dog (who is quite well behaved), two dogs won't fit in it comfortably at the same time and nor will a golf bag.

I have used it over reasonable distances - 700-900 km round trips over a few days, with just my wife and our luggage, including my golf set etc. It works very well indeed for such things. I just chuck out all the rear seats and convert the vehicle into a van.

Ive also used it for 250-300 km round trips (one day), with my wife and my parents - it is not suitable for longer trips with 4 persons and their luggage especially if like most of us, there is a lot of luggage.

Last edited by shankar.balan : 29th September 2014 at 07:16.
shankar.balan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th September 2014, 16:39   #75
BHPian

Just now closed the deal. Yeti Top Model Elegance 4*4. for 20 lacs ( old model). Dealer was not willing to go down any further & no other dealer is having old Yeti available with him (new yeti is for 24 lac & was out of our budget).Checked the car in the showroom, looked all right. Will do a thorough check-up in couples of day time.

Yeti was always close to my heart & frankly there is no other car which can compete with Yeti in this segment.

Other cars considered:

Storme-Liked the build quality, 'thud' factor is there. There is space, space & space all around & the view form driver’s seat is awesome. But its costly for what it offers, no leather seats, no music system for car that is costing 16 lakhs is too much & was totally disappointed after test drive. Steering was hard & the ride was bumpy. Was about to throw up after 5 mins plus too much noise was filtering in the cabin.

Scorpio- Too bland inside & too much of bling outside. Door felt flimsy, plastic quality is bad & there is virtually no dashboard. Seats are flat like a railway station bench. Didn’t bother to do test drive.

XUV- Didn’t like it for the looks, too many curves & plastics all around. But it was a strong contender & it was hard to let XUV go.

So finally it was yeti, hope it turns out to be a good decision for me.
rahul412 is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks