Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Old 30th September 2014, 11:17   #31
BHPian

Livemint quotes that Mr. Mayank "is a very tough task master and extremely performance oriented"
A perfect choice by Cyrus Mistry to vroom TM ahead of its competition!
balajisv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2014, 13:39   #32
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Maruti's Marketing & Sales Head Mayank Pareek resigns EDIT: Joins Tata Motors

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Would Schumacher move to Torro Rosso after leaving Ferrari in 2007?
To turnaround Tata Motors, you need a 10 (minimum) - 15 year timeline. Does Pareek have it in him for that? More importantly, would he want to?

The work culture at Maruti & Tata is also poles apart. Maruti is tight, professional and fast. There are politics, but not to the level in Tata.

Then, it's a question of how important the company is to its parent. Maruti is Suzuki's crown jewel & India the only country where Suzuki dominates in this manner. For Tata Motors, the Indian passenger car division is the smallest (after commercial vehicles & JLR).

Lastly, Pareek might be a sales & marketing genius. An effective CEO needs to be more than that. Pareek hasn't proven himself in areas outside of sales.
Dear Rush

Some really good observations there though would debate on the opening statement of Schumi.

We have a marketing genius who has spearheaded the largest four wheeler company in India for over 20 years.

MSIL is what it is and the credit to a large extent is for Mr. Pareek.

Tata will gain from his experience and technical knowledge but I am of the opinion that a 5 year time frame is all it will take to steer it out of the rut.

Tata is starting as a "new" company. Zest and Bolt may turn around fortunes.
Also, they have the new Aria coming up.

Political scenario within the Tata Group is, like you correctly said poles apart from MSIL. Yet, even that scenario is changing.

Mr. Pareek will sit atop in the corporate ladder and will be part of the senior most cadre of executives and a board member within TML.

Petty politics may not really touch him in delivering. He is a task master and TML should benefit from that.

This is a home bred company and hence external interference will be limited and Mr. Pareek should have a say in many a things.

Overall, I feel "Tata ke achche Din aa gaye hain"

Last edited by arnabchak : 30th September 2014 at 13:40.
arnabchak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2020, 21:10   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Maruti's Marketing & Sales Head Mayank Pareek resigns EDIT: Joins Tata Motors

Tata Motors' Mayank Pareek likely to end his 5-year stint at Tata Motors.

Quote:
The reasons for the Pareek’s likely departure are not clear, but this would be the second top-level executive moving out of Tata Motors after the exit of SN Burman in December.

Link
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th February 2020, 21:50   #34
BHPian

I'm a fan of Tata and Ford. Their products are good, but lacked marketing. Did Mayank have a real impact on Tata's products? I'm not sure about it. I doubt capabilities of Shailesh Chandra. Their products are speaking for them, not their marketing team. If the marketing team is too good, then Zest, which got segment first diesel AT and 4 star GNCAP would have sold like hot cakes.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 19th February 2020 at 23:20. Reason: Typos.
K_Drive is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th February 2020, 22:23   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Tata Motors' Mayank Pareek likely to end his 5-year stint at Tata Motors.

Link
I was quite surprised to see Mayank's absence from the Tata Motor's pavilion at Auto Expo 2020 and this thought was lingering for quite some time with me as well.

He was present at the Altroz media drive event but I'm not sure if he was there at the Nexon EV drive event or not but he was clearly missing from the Nexon EV launch.

In the past five years, the passenger car range from Tata Motors has seen a big and bright overhaul yet the sales are nothing to write about. Tough times.

Regards,
Debrup
rupdeb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2020, 22:32   #36
Senior - BHPian

Also his deputy, Sheel Sagar is quitting. Wonder where Pareekh is headed ? Maybe to one of the Chinese OEM's?
Old 20th February 2020, 08:12   #37
Senior - BHPian

I respect the speed in which Kia Motors introduced the top end Seltos Automatic making it fully laden with features after taking customer feedback and maybe inputs from our own Seltos thread (literally overnight, no excuses). That dynamism was not shown by Tata Motors with regards to Harrier. They could have easily blocked both MG and KIA Motors' dream ride, with the feedback they received. Mr Mayank never responded to any mails pertaining to any inputs given by customers like me regarding their marketing or product. In comparison Ms Pallavi Singh of MG Motors (at launch) appeared as a fresh breath of air, with her astounding reasoning, customer engagement and clarity of thought
Sebring is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th February 2020, 10:37   #38
Senior - BHPian

Tata Motors clarifies that Mayank Pareek has not quit

Tata Motors has released an official statement to clarify on media reports suggesting that Mr. Mayank Pareek was likely to quit the company.

Name:  Mayank Pareek621x414.jpg
Views: 1495
Size:  34.5 KB

Official statement:
Based on reports on online portal ET Auto, Tata Motors would like to clarify that Mr. Mayank Pareek, President, PVBU, has not resigned from the company.

The report stated that Mr. Mayank Pareek was likely to end his 5-year stint with the company on March 31, 2020. It was also reported that Shailesh Chandra, who heads the electric mobility division could take over the responsibility of the passenger vehicle business.

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 20th February 2020 at 10:39.
TusharK is online now   (8) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2020, 23:36   #39
OSH
BHPian

On behalf of TML, Mr. Mayank Pareek is present at the Indian Idol Finale to give away a brand new Altroz to the winner of this season; Sunny Hindustani.

Last edited by OSH : 23rd February 2020 at 23:38.
OSH is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed