Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st November 2014, 17:35   #16
Team-BHP Support

Re: Scoop: Toyota's short-term product plans

Toyota Kirloskar Motor is considering giving the Etios sedan and Liva hatchback automatic transmission in the next 8-10 months. This development comes as a reaction to the growing market for automatic cars due to the convenience they offer by making driving relatively stress-free.

Quote:
Toyota Kirloskar Motor is considering giving the Etios sedan and Liva hatchback automatic transmission in the next 8-10 months. This development comes as a reaction to the growing market for automatic cars due to the convenience they offer by making driving relatively stress-free.
Link to Team-Bhp News Article

Last edited by moralfibre : 24th November 2014 at 10:29. Reason: Fixing again to retain formatting.
Old 21st November 2014, 18:06   #17
Senior - BHPian

My feeling is - they would also like to follow suit like what tata and maruti have done, and bolt on the AMT box to their cars.
Old 21st November 2014, 18:39   #18
Team-BHP Support

Does the taxi market use automatic transmissions? I think the Etios range has already lost flavour in the personal car market, that this move might not create any significant improvement in sales for them.

Was expecting more from the thread as well when it was titled 'Toyota's short term product plans'!
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2014, 20:57   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Does the taxi market use automatic transmissions? I think the Etios range has already lost flavour in the personal car market, that this move might not create any significant improvement in sales for them.

Was expecting more from the thread as well when it was titled 'Toyota's short term product plans'!
+1

The automatic transmission will anyway come with a premium. So if they plan correctly and improve the richness of the interiors and provide something unique (like 6 Airbags), it will still be a good marketing buzz for them. If they slap on the automatic transmission with no change to the interiors and charge a premium, then I guess there may not be much interest.

And I am very surprised that, with all their engineering prowess, it will take more than 8 months for Toyota, to introduce an automatic transmission (unless they are importing AMT from Marelli).
Old 21st November 2014, 21:48   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by psankar View Post
+1

And I am very surprised that, with all their engineering prowess, it will take more than 8 months for Toyota, to introduce an automatic transmission (unless they are importing AMT from Marelli).

It won't be AMT. I am pretty sure that would be basic 4 speed tranny that was once provided in Toyota Corolla before it received 7 speed CVT.
Nitrous Power is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2014, 14:38   #21
D4D
BHPian

Diesel AT will make the cars desirable. Petrol+AT combination has no future. Period.
D4D is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2014, 17:03   #22
BHPian

Do us a favour, just kill them off please. Even fitting diamonds in these two would not make them any desirable.
rednikhil is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks