Team-BHP - Honda Amaze and Brio get some changes (October 2014)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Honda Amaze and Brio get some changes (October 2014) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/156730-honda-amaze-brio-get-some-changes-october-2014-a.html)

Thank you to the Team-BHP fan who sent this information to us (he prefers to remain anonymous). Heartfelt gratitude for sharing them with other enthusiasts!

Honda is gearing up to give the Amaze compact sedan and the Brio hatchback some changes. These include some additions and deletions to the colours and features.

Amaze:
Honda will discontinue the Crystal Black Pearl colour for the Amaze. Its place will be filled on the shade card by a new Golden Brown shade. The car will get new ORVMs with a design similar to that of the new City. The EX, S (AT/MT) and VX (AT/MT) variants will get a new combi-meter with white illumination, blue gradation and a white pointer. The S (AT/MT) variants will also get a double horn while the E variant will lose its rear grab rails, door centre sash tape and tachometer.

Brio:
The Brio will be available in a new Majestic Blue colour which will replace the Energetic Blue shade. Like the Amaze the car will get new ORVMs like the new City. The EX and S variant will get a new combi-meter. The S will also get a double horn. The tachometer has been left out on the E variant, while the EX variant will lose its door centre sash tape. Front and rear mud flaps and assistant side seat back pocket will be left out in the S variant.

Name:  AandB.png
Views: 7261
Size:  24.8 KB

Some welcome changes.

The amber back light and the speedo console over all looked drab.
The inclusion of a full information MID would have been a certain welcome.

Tried surfing for the new speedo console but nothing yet. Looking forward for the pics.

One of the photos from another blog site showed the presence of a rear wiper in V variant. Is that something which will be included in the model update?

Anyone knows how soon the model updates will be available at the dealerships?

I absolutely loved the blue shade. It's tragic to see Honda not offer it anymore. :( These changes seem to make no sense to me at all, nothing considerably different

I would also be interested to know if this new combi meter can be retrofitted on the existing cars. Any news on that?

Arent there more deletions than additions. Honda is focusing on improving margins rather than making the product more sale-able. Brio is a sales dud. Just since they have a better margin Amaze doing well, there is minimal focus on the Brio.

Brio should be better loaded. Compare the Brio S and Grand i10 Magna which are priced exactly the same.

What Brio gets is :
very avergish music system with steering controls.

What i10 gets is :
front fog lights
keyless entry with 2 remotes
much better build and paint quality
better interior space and good looking dashboard
way better boot space

Some nice changes. Especially the blue shade for the brio and the white backlit instrument combi-meter.
But Honda, why do you remove tachometer from the lower variants?

My wishlist:

I just thought that Honda became pro-active enough to sort out the hydrolock issue; if there is indeed a design flaw.
On the other hand, I seriously think that the Amaze needs better front design, probably new set of headlamps and improved interiors.

I don't know why Honda doesn't include Bluetooth telephony in the 2 siblings. It is such a handy feature.

Quote:

Originally Posted by saket77 (Post 3563285)
I seriously think that the Amaze needs better front design, probably new set of headlamps and improved interiors.

The headlamps of Mobilio RS and the bumpers of stock Mobilio would better suit the Amaze I think. ;)

But yes, the main problem is the interior's look! It is easy to get bored of it. They have just left the glove-box lid in beige now on the entire dashboard area and it really looks out of place. On the other hand the Xcent's and Zest's interiors are just fabulous. clap:

I first thought they might have come up with a re-designed grille. It really needs a better one. Like Ravsam mentioned, the Mobilio one would look great on it.

And I wonder if the lowest variant will get the new mirror. Right now it's a drab!

They should have ideally changed that front design that is so uncharacteristic of a typical Honda design which is something everyone loves. Then again, they just launched Mobilio, so the 'front facelift' would need to wait.

Thicker and more supportive front seats with separate head rests is not asking for too much in cars that cost more than 5L, let alone 10L+ like Mobilio. They should seriously consider that change. Not everyone really needs that marginally extra rear legroom due to the thin front seats. Comfortable seating in the front is much more important, since these cars don't come with driver less technology and someone has to sit in front whenever it is being driven :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by arnabchak (Post 3560396)
Tried surfing for the new speedo console but nothing yet. Looking forward for the pics.

Here is the white and blue Mobilio console with the red needle; looks like the needle would also become white in Brio/Amaze.

Honda Amaze and Brio get some changes (October 2014)-hondamobilioindonesia5.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by tiger_stripes (Post 3563111)
I would also be interested to know if this new combi meter can be retrofitted on the existing cars. Any news on that?

If it is just change of illumination color (bulb) and a new dial, there is no reason it cannot be retrofitted since the shape remain the same. However, don't expect Honda service to do it for you, it would have to be a DIY.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RavSam (Post 3563291)
The headlamps of Mobilio RS and the bumpers of stock Mobilio would better suit the Amaze I think. ;)

But yes, the main problem is the interior's look! It is easy to get bored of it. They have just left the glove-box lid in beige now on the entire dashboard area and it really looks out of place. On the other hand the Xcent's and Zest's interiors are just fabulous. clap:

The RS projector headlights are a straightfit to the amaze or brio. I had tried installing this last month , but couldn't go ahead as the wiring kit wasn't available.

Will wait for the wiring kit instead of risking short circuits by cutting wires to install this.

What's with the removal of tachometer? Is it for cost reasons or to enhance the difference in features between base & higher end variants? If the reason is cost, then it's 2014, how much is Honda going to save by removing a tachometer?! I remember tachometer as a differentiating feature in cars in 1990's where only the top end variant used to get it. Seems Honda wants to go back to the 1990's.

Quote:

Originally Posted by amit (Post 3563753)
What's with the removal of tachometer? Is it for cost reasons or to enhance the difference in features between base & higher end variants? If the reason is cost, then it's 2014, how much is Honda going to save by removing a tachometer?! I remember tachometer as a differentiating feature in cars in 1990's where only the top end variant used to get it. Seems Honda wants to go back to the 1990's.

Taking a cue from Maruti perhaps.
The Ritz, Swift, DZire and Ertiga in LXi and LDi trims don't feature a tacho.