Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th September 2015, 07:30   #271
Team-BHP Support

re: Honda City (4th gen) niggles: A compilation. Are Honda cars niggle-free anymore?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simhi View Post
The JD Power Study details have been published on our site by a4anurag.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post3794523

Please refer to Vehicle Dependability Study chart. If we look at number of problems reported per 100 vehicles (lower score reflects better quality performance)

Honda City: 146
Toyota Etios: 153
Maruti Suzuki Swift Dzire: 176
Maruti Suzuki Swift: 187
Hyundai i20: 235

Surprising figure considering the number of posts we have for Honda city niggles compared to other vehicles in this forum
Perhaps you didn't read this line Simhi?

"The 2015 India Vehicle Dependability Study (VDS) is based on evaluations from 8,507 original owners who purchased a new vehicle between July 2011 and September 2012."

And as such, this rating is for the previous version.

VDS results for the current version will reflect only after few years, however there was a drop in IQS ratings last year, and that has been mentioned earlier in this thread. IQS for this year will be out in November.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 7th September 2015 at 07:35.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th September 2015, 08:59   #272
BHPian

re: Honda City (4th gen) niggles: A compilation. Are Honda cars niggle-free anymore?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post

"The 2015 India Vehicle Dependability Study (VDS) is based on evaluations from 8,507 original owners who purchased a new vehicle between July 2011 and September 2012."
Missed that line . Thanks for pointing it out. Will be interesting to see IQS in November.
Simhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2015, 18:39   #273
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post

And as such, this rating is for the previous version.

VDS results for the current version will reflect only after few years, however there was a drop in IQS ratings last year, and that has been mentioned earlier in this thread. IQS for this year will be out in November.
This was exactly my point in one of my earlier replies. The problem is not just with the 4th Gen Honda City. There were problems with the earlier generations as well. Just see, if there are 146 problems for 100 vehicles consider 8507 vehicles. There would be 12000 plus problems for 8507 vehicles. Hope I am right here

Probably, the current gen city might have more numbers with problems which we do not know yet. The previous gen city owners who were team-bhp members either did not have genuine problems or stopped short of reporting problems just because of the brand image Honda had.

For the 4th gen city, we have more number of people reporting problems in TBHP which would make anyone think there is a genuine problem with this model alone.

Basic thing to bear in mind - no car is fuss free. It depends on the buyer to decide whether he needs a relatively fuss free car or one with performance only etc etc.
adarsh76 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th September 2015, 12:30   #274

Okay Guys, I have had my City ( I-Dtec. V done 20000 kms ) for a year and a half now and can write a fair review now.

Got is as soon as it was launched and like many other old Honda city owners, I didn't take a test drive before buying. Just saw the journo reviews on the net.

There were a few hiccups along the way. Rattle in the Dashboard (resolved at the service centre), Squeaky doors (oiled the door rubber and the squeaks went away). Faulty Door lock sensor (working properly now without having to touch it)

Other than that, the car have been a pleasure to drive and be driven in. It is comfortable, safe, feels premium, lots of boot space, goes almost anywhere, easy to drive in the city, very fuel efficient.

Infact it is more spacious than my 2015 Merc C Class and my wife finds it more comfortable too. The rear bench is definitely better than the Merc. And to top it up, the C Class is not niggle free either.

So guys, don't worry too much. There may be a few hiccups along the way but it is a genuine Honda and will give you years of service and joy if it is well maintained.
anujgarg1 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 17th September 2015, 02:50   #275
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakv View Post
Don't want to get into a rant about the service from Solitaire Honda on the water leakage i am facing since purchase last year - just received a disgusting email from them. However, here is an image of the water flow from the B-panel (marked in blue line on carpet) - requesting knowledgeable folks to help diagnose the source of leakage?
All in all - buyer beware.
Got the car back last week - they said it was due to the plastic sheet inside the doors coming loose & it was a common problem - they added additional adhesive they had received from Honda for this known problem and gave me the car back. It rained in Mumbai for a couple of days Sunday-Tuesday and guess what? The leakage still persists!
This has ruined my peace of mind, I did not deserve this much trouble for buying a Honda (or any other product for that matter), and I have decided to pursue the matter with the consumer dispute redressal forum, followed by other legal options. Any suggestions on how to proceed?
deepakv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2015, 08:34   #276
Senior - BHPian

Two more BHPians, user50 & panky12345 found a crack on the windshield of their Amaze. Quotes from the official review below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by user50 View Post
Suddenly seeing a new crack appearing on the windsheild. Friday night parked in covered garage & morning the cleaning guy said there was a crack. 2 days later the crack had increased by itself. It is not like something hit the windsheild, b'coz then there would have a shattered crack. This one is like the crack you see in a window pane.
Also this glass is supposed to be strong enough to withstand small dirt flying off the vehicle ahead while driving. So i wonder if this a manufacturing defect.

Spoke to the customer care. They said they need to see it to understand.
Had taken the extended warranty and 0% depreciation insurance option.
If it needs to be changed CC mentioned that would cost 10-12k and that people usually get it done under insurance.

Amaze is less than 1.5 years and less than 7K on the car. Used primarily to drive to-fro work. Work area parking is also in restricted / safe area. So i am wondering what to do next?

Has anyone else experienced such a thing?
Quote:
Originally Posted by panky12345 View Post
Yes, I've experienced the same situation. One fine day, there was a crack in windshield and wanted to claim as manufacturing defect. After a lot of visits/mails, quietly replaced it under insurance.

I see that another BHPian, dean5545 too reported the same in the City in this very thread back in March.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean5545 View Post
Hey guys,
Need a bit of your help here. My friend's 2014 Honda City's front windshield just got cracked on it's own. How many of you have faced this issue? If yes then what is Honda's stand on it? Are they replacing it free of cost because I see no reason why the customer has to pay for a manufacturing defect.
Please guide us as to what should be done.
Thanks.

Is this a common phenomenon? Has anyone heard why this is happening from their contacts at Honda service? Could be a fatigue failure. Maybe the windshield glass is not insulated that well from shocks when the car hits a rough patch.
deetjohn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2015, 08:53   #277
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
I see that another BHPian, dean5545 too reported the same in the City in this very thread back in March.
My friend got it repaired through insurance. Honda said it wasn't thier fault. I will talk to him once more and I let you guys know. What exactly was Honda's stand on the issue.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 19th September 2015 at 09:31. Reason: Removing unwanted spacing.
Old 17th September 2015, 10:06   #278
Distinguished - BHPian

If insurance is the route taken to reinstall the glass, windshield experts may provide a better after market one. Not sure about this, but at least a chance of getting a thicker/better quality windshield.
Old 18th September 2015, 19:31   #279
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Two more BHPians, user50 & panky12345 found a crack on the windshield of their Amaze. Quotes from the official review below.

Is this a common phenomenon? Has anyone heard why this is happening from their contacts at Honda service? Could be a fatigue failure. Maybe the windshield glass is not insulated that well from shocks when the car hits a rough patch.
Guys, we own a 2014 City and have a windshield crack as well. Thought it must have been from the highway but looking at other complaints here, seems to be a common phenomenon.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 19th September 2015 at 09:31. Reason: Removing unwanted spacing.
Old 19th September 2015, 00:43   #280
BHPian

Just got the full service history print & my June 2014 City has visited the Solitaire Honda service center a grand total of 10 times in 15 months of ownership - and the 11th visit is upcoming. Makes me sick to my stomach.
deepakv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2015, 09:26   #281
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Just got the full service history print & my June 2014 City has visited the Solitaire Honda service center a grand total of 10 times in 15 months of ownership - and the 11th visit is upcoming. Makes me sick to my stomach.
Thanked the post by mistake. Could you please share the history if thats not an issue? Since I am on the lookout for a car I was doing some research. Dont have the city in mind but still dad has a soft corner for it somewhere and I can show this thread to him.
Old 19th September 2015, 10:43   #282
BHPian

Quote:

Have you tried any of the other dealerships? If the current ones incompetent, try out other authorized dealers. Filing a law suit should be a last option.

Believe me I had a skoda with multiple issues like water leakage from the ac vents, busted engine mounts, rusted seat rails, rattles. I tried getting them fixed from the dealership I brought it from and it was a nightmare. I too had made at least 15 visits. Finally got tired and went to another one which was albeit a bit farther from home. And I got all the pending work done in one go. Thinking about it I could have saved a lot of time if I had switched dealerships earlier.
nakul0888 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st September 2015, 21:26   #283
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Thanked the post by mistake. Could you please share the history if thats not an issue? Since I am on the lookout for a car I was doing some research. Dont have the city in mind but still dad has a soft corner for it somewhere and I can show this thread to him.
Not sure if I can post it publicly - i will try and mask personal info and PM you a link over the weekend. Also, it turns out they hadnt bothered to dry the carpet from the leakage fix effort last week, and that was the reason the carpet was still wet. No leakage so far this week through the occasional rains - fingers tightly crossed.
Old 22nd September 2015, 15:34   #284
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by UJJAWAL SINGH View Post
I own a Honda City iDtec 2014 Dec version. Though the car is a major upgrade in terms of riding comfort, interior space as compared to my previous possession-Maruti Swift 2009 model, still I am facing the following niggles constantly since the 4th or 5th month of ownership itself:

1) Dashboard rattles: A squeaking sound ( chu..chu..chu...chu) comes from the dashboard behind the steering column, just where the dashboard plastic meets the wind screen bottom when the car is run over even slightly uneven roads. But the irony is that whenever I take the car for service centre for the same, then this sound just disappears because the roads near the service centre are just fine

2) Window pane noise: The front left passenger side window pane yells like hell as if the glass is rubbing against some thing constantly. But again due to good roads near the service centre, I am unable to produce this noise again.

REMEDY for the above niggles: Just increase the volume of music to 14-15 bars and enjoy that favourite number of Bon Jovi/ Rehman.

Attachment 1409376

On the fuel economy front tough, here is a testimony for a terrific mileage given by my City since day 01. Such figures are achieved by me by constantly driving my City on cruise control mode at 90 km/hr speed at 6th gear & with AC on for the entire journey.
Since I see that you located in Ghaziabad, do you use Prime Honda for your servicing. You could give the Noida dealerships a try if not already. There is Ace and a new one Crown which you could try. Just in case they are able to rectify the problem.

I own a 2011 3rd generation Honda City and I have not faced any rattling issues till date. The car has 49k+ on the odo and looks good for a few more. The honda horns have always been their achilles heel and I gave up changing them after a couple of years. Minor adjustments work. In case anyone has major issuess, they could move to Hella.

For the current generation they killed it with the diesel. There was a considerable difference in prices between petrol and diesel when it was launched and with the kind of efficiency that users have been reporting coupled with decent runs makes it a no brainer. The sales of the City have gone done though in the last couple of months where I see sub 5k sales.

I was wondering what quality issues the new Jazz would face considering there is a considerable part of the interiors which are shared. Maybe its too early to say but has someone faced or heard of issues on the new Jazz ?
Old 15th November 2015, 23:39   #285

Guys, ive been facing some problems in my vmt honda city. There have been constant rattling sound from the driver's arm rest, or thats what i think. Honestly, i havnt been able to find out the exact source but i am almost sure its the arm rest.
Another more serious problem is the rattling sound from the gear stick when i upshift from 20 to 30 kmph generally. It doesnt make the sound if im holding the gear stick, but its very prominent otherwise. There have been mention of this problem by other bhpians on the official review thread also. I showed it to the ASS here at Haldwani , but they say its a common problem in this model. To my bad luck i couldnt replicate it to the guys there properly

These 2 niggles are making the overall ownership bitter. Other than that, the car is working fine

Its an april 2015 vmt and has clocked just about 5000 kms.
Any advice on the issues please

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks