Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th November 2015, 00:23   #286
BHPian

Hi jayant

I recommend you sharing this problem with a different ass. I have faced the dashboard rattle problem myself. They fix it and it comes back at around 5000 kms.
Old 22nd November 2015, 09:53   #287

re: Honda City (4th gen) niggles: A compilation. Are Honda cars niggle-free anymore?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayant1988 View Post
Guys, ive been facing some problems in my vmt honda city. There have been constant rattling sound from the driver's arm rest, or thats what i think. Honestly, i havnt been able to find out the exact source but i am almost sure its the arm rest.
The constant rattling sound though seems to be coming from the driver's side arm rest, but actually the real culprit may be the A-pillar on driver side. I too was facing the same rattling sound somewhere from the driver's side when the vehicle used to go over rough patches. I was also not able to reproduce that sound at the service station. But thanks to Prestige Honda Workshop in Chandigarh, they identified the sound to be coming from the driver side A-pillar. So a generous adjustment and greasing of the A-pillar rectified that annoying sound. Now my city runs like a dream on rough patches with pin drop silence within cabin.

Last edited by ampere : 22nd November 2015 at 12:25. Reason: Edited quoted post
Old 22nd November 2015, 12:08   #288

re: Honda City (4th gen) niggles: A compilation. Are Honda cars niggle-free anymore?

Thanks UJJAWAL SINGH, i'll make sure to get the a-pillar checked as well.But, i feel the sound is coming from the centre arm rest along with gear knob rattling noise. Just before my last service, the joint above the USB port developed a gap wide enough to slip a credit card through it. They rectified it and said they had to open the whole thing and secure the hinges again. I'll be coming to Gurgaon in dec and will get it checked from one of the ASS there as Haldwani ASS dont seem to be acknowledging the problem. I hope I find some better response in Gurgaon. Fingers crossed.
Old 10th December 2015, 20:57   #289
BHPian

The infamous line
"Honda is Honda and City is City" will remain the same even after 10 years. That's the magic Honda have done in India.
The performance and the comfort City offers is so pleasing that most people overlook these niggles.
Old 12th December 2015, 14:38   #290
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iss1307 View Post
The infamous line
"Honda is Honda and City is City" will remain the same even after 10 years. That's the magic Honda have done in India.
The performance and the comfort City offers is so pleasing that most people overlook these niggles.
True, Honda City has a huge fan following right from 1st gen to current gen and this will continue in future as well.

But in the current generation model, the kind of issues that are faced by the owners of the car,Honda seriously need to look into where is the root cause of this drop in reliability factor of the Honda City.

Yesterday I took my 3rd gen City for the service and was talking with main SA about both cars. The SA told that with reduction in prices, increase in localisation, and switching to inferior parts vendors are the root causes of the problems being faced by the current gen owners. Even the build quality is on downer side, he shown me a current gen City and we got to see the body is not as strong as it was in previous gen models.

Though City is still the C-segment champion, Honda needs to fix all these issue with the next gen City that should be out in mid 2018 and with 2016 knocking doors - two years is not much great time as well.

Hopefully Honda will make sure the premiumness and reliability of City will remain at par just like the previous models.
bluevolt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2015, 14:42   #291
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
True, Honda City has a huge fan following right from 1st gen to current gen and this will continue in future as well.

But in the current generation model, the kind of issues that are faced by the owners of the car,Honda seriously need to look into where is the root cause of this drop in reliability factor of the Honda City.

Yesterday I took my 3rd gen City for the service and was talking with main SA about both cars. The SA told that with reduction in prices, increase in localisation, and switching to inferior parts vendors are the root causes of the problems being faced by the current gen owners. Even the build quality is on downer side, he shown me a current gen City and we got to see the body is not as strong as it was in previous gen models.

Though City is still the C-segment champion, Honda needs to fix all these issue with the next gen City that should be out in mid 2018 and with 2016 knocking doors - two years is not much great time as well.

Hopefully Honda will make sure the premiumness and reliability of City will remain at par just like the previous models.
Yeah man true that.
All accepted but still i-Vtec is the gem here. Good thing that Honda hasn't played with that.
I am waiting for a facelift in 2016, will book it after that. Hope atleast a few problems are solved by then.
2016 will be the year of the New Gen Verna, Toyota Vios and *maybe* the facelifted City. Eagerly waiting.
iss1307 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2015, 07:53   #292
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
This is just a cause-effect relationship.

In India, large sections of people vote for religion, caste or freebies. You can see the type of politicians getting elected each time. Money and criminality have become an essential ingredient of politics. This is not something that most people directly desire but comes as a side effect.

With the huge fascination for frills & features coupled with penchant to buy 'value for money' cars, a similar trend will be inevitable in the Indian auto industry too.

How many people were buying 3rd gen City when Verna came out with lot of features? Quoting Darwin -- "it is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change". Localization to match Verna feature-by-feature and dieselisation looked like a logical thing to do in order to sustain or thrive. The impact is here to see; Where is Verna now?

So, how can we say the strategy was wrong!! We get the cars that we deserve. Along with wishing for a an improved product, I also wish for a change in this quirky and stereotypical Indian mindset, for good. Alas

Last edited by B103 : 13th December 2015 at 07:59.
B103 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th December 2015, 12:15   #293
Distinguished - BHPian

Honda's quality deteriorates internationally too?

Honda HR-V Indonesia Quality Complained By Many Users - Indonesia.

Quote:
looks like this thing what experienced by a lot of new HR-V users who still have a less than 1 years of ownership.
Quote:
the owner of Honda HR-V 1.8 who kept on having troubles in different sectors.
Quote:
It is recorded that his car, who just went through 8,200 Km of mileage have noises from front suspensions, rear, up to the dashboard. and a loud “Deg” noise when the car Stop and Go. Not only the noise, other component, such as dead fog lamp, vibrating door trim, broken rubber door seal, and front wiper noise are adding to a horrible experience for this normally use car
http://autonetmagz.net/honda-hr-v-in...nternet/21675/
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2016, 17:06   #294

Hi Bhpians,
Belated New year wishes to all ! I have ANHC 2010 Model which is having some issue which i noticed while driving. When i drive the car in a bad patches i hear a "KAT KAT" sound from front right side. This is not so when driven in smooth roads. Can some one confirm is it some thing related to steering or some other part ?

Thanks
Old 4th January 2016, 19:04   #295
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.raj80 View Post
I have ANHC 2010 Model which is having some issue which i noticed while driving. When i drive the car in a bad patches i hear a "KAT KAT" sound from front right side. This is not so when driven in smooth roads. Can some one confirm is it some thing related to steering or some other part ?
This could be the Lower arms and the ball joints. How many kms driven till date will throw some light. A suspension job might be due, looking purely at the age of the car (6 years). In general (not specific to city) it requires some replacement around 40-60k kms.
Old 4th January 2016, 19:11   #296

Hi Vinit.Merchant,
Thanks for your response. So far i have covered 72K Kms covered. Do i need to replace the arm and ball joint or is there any repair work that can be done in that ? Also am not sure of the cost involved in that. Appreciate if you can throw some light on that too.

Thanks
Old 4th January 2016, 19:38   #297
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Vinit.Merchant,
Thanks for your response. So far i have covered 72K Kms covered. Do i need to replace the arm and ball joint or is there any repair work that can be done in that ? Also am not sure of the cost involved in that. Appreciate if you can throw some light on that too.

Thanks
72k would normally require a suspension job. What components and the costs involved, I cannot comment. Check these with the Honda A.S.S. or FNG (Honda A.S.S. would cost more than the FNG).
Old 5th January 2016, 08:28   #298
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Bhpians,

. "KAT KAT" sound from front right side. This is not so when driven in smooth roads. Can some one confirm is it some thing related to steering or some other part ?

Thanks

More likely than not, steering rod! I was quoted 10 grand on my i10 recently by Hyundai for this.
Old 5th January 2016, 10:18   #299
BHPian

Went through the thread, I am owner of 2009 3rd generation Honda city, till date, enjoying it niggle free. Absolutely love the drive till date. But everytime i went to Honda showroom, i used to take a look at new honda cars. It is certainly downslide in terms of design, quality and cost cutting. Honda brand was certainly not built on these but quality, fun to drive and cutting edge tech and design. Internationally too they steered away from their DNA and last years civic in USA was nadir. Even Honda acknowledged their mistake.
Old 5th January 2016, 11:26   #300
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Bhpians,
Belated New year wishes to all ! I have ANHC 2010 Model which is having some issue which i noticed while driving. When i drive the car in a bad patches i hear a "KAT KAT" sound from front right side. This is not so when driven in smooth roads. Can some one confirm is it some thing related to steering or some other part ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMRT View Post
More likely than not, steering rod! I was quoted 10 grand on my i10 recently by Hyundai for this.
I agree. 72K Kms is also the time when the steering rack starts giving problems in Honda's. The ASC will quote about Rs. 50,000 for a steering rack.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks