Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st November 2014, 09:13   #16
BHPian

re: No PAN card, new car stuck at dealership! EDIT: Car delivered

Weirdly enough, some magic JuJu has just happened and it appears that I've been allotted a PAN number. No idea how, but I'm just going to go with it.
Old 1st November 2014, 14:01   #17
Senior - BHPian

The SA is wrong. TR is very much valid for use within the same jurisdiction.

Instead of running after agents, walk in to the office of the West India Automobile Association and seek guidance from there. I would recommend taking their membership, either annual or life and entrust the entire job to them. They have their own channels of facilitating such jobs and all they charge is the membership fees +actual costs incurred(if any).

http://www.wiaaindia.com/home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiggy View Post
As far as the dealership is concerned, my SE said that TR numbers are only given to vehicles that are being moved from RTO to RTO between states, and that it isn't valid because the car is in Mumbai itself, as is the delivery address and the dealership.

Saw your post below just after posting. All is well that ends well, congratulations & drive safe.

Quote:
Weirdly enough, some magic JuJu has just happened and it appears that I've been allotted a PAN number. No idea how, but I'm just going to go with it.

Last edited by khoj : 1st November 2014 at 14:03. Reason: responding to an additional post
khoj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2014, 14:04   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
The SA is wrong. TR is very much valid for use within the same jurisdiction.

Instead of running after agents, walk in to the office of the West India Automobile Association and seek guidance from there. I would recommend taking their membership, either annual or life and entrust the entire job to them. They have their own channels of facilitating such jobs and all they charge is the membership fees +actual costs incurred(if any).

http://www.wiaaindia.com/home
It's quite alright now. I am receiving my car tomorrow at 11am, fully registered with the number of my choice, so everything worked out

I believe it's BMW-thing to disallow any cars out of the showroom on TR registration plates, as another BMW owner had a similar experience (being declined a TR plate).

Regardless, thanks for the input!
Old 1st November 2014, 14:08   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Even last year Bird Auto, Gurgaon refused to release my car on TR plates even though in my case the delay in registration was due to there fault.
Bird Auto has delivered a 7er (to someone in my extended family) just 2-3 days back on temp plates!
Puneet.S is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2014, 14:50   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puneet.S View Post
Bird Auto has delivered a 7er (to someone in my extended family) just 2-3 days back on temp plates!
Was the registration in Gurgaon or Delhi? They stated that time that Gurgaon or Haryana Rto allows TR plates but not Delhi. And why I believe them? Because on my arguing and continued persistence citing there fault in the registration process, they finally released my car on trade certificate plates which is different then TR plates. This even when I was willing to bear any additional cost of TR plates.

So why will they take that risk since it's entirely illegal for them to release the car on trade certificate plate which is meant only for the car to be shuffled between the yard and dealership and then dealership to RTO. They even advised me to not venture out much with those plates since they will be in trouble if the cops stop me.

Last edited by drmohitg : 1st November 2014 at 14:52.
Old 1st November 2014, 14:52   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Even last year Bird Auto, Gurgaon refused to release my car on TR plates
Quote:
I believe it's BMW-thing to disallow any cars out of the showroom on TR registration plates, as another BMW owner had a similar experience (being declined a TR plate).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puneet.S View Post
Deutsche Motorn Faridabad delivered a 320d to a friend of mine on temp plates few months back. Apparently, they were overcharging a good 20-25k for registration
Old 1st November 2014, 14:55   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyans_Jain View Post
Deutsche Motorn Faridabad delivered a 320d to a friend of mine on temp plates few months back. Apparently, they were overcharging a good 20-25k for registration
Regardless, I'm glad this is all over and I get my car tomorrow. Will check up more on TR plates when the next purchase comes along, but now that I have my PAN number, it shouldn't be necessary.

I'd once again like to stress how great Infinity Cars Worli has been throughout all this, SEs always responsive, polite, and gracious, despite my numerous calls and harebrained ideas with regard to pulling out the car.
Old 1st November 2014, 14:59   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Regardless, I'm glad this is all over and I get my car tomorrow. Will check up more on TR plates when the next purchase comes along, but now that I have my PAN number, it shouldn't be necessary.

I'd once again like to stress how great Infinity Cars Worli has been throughout all this, SEs always responsive, polite, and gracious, despite my numerous calls and harebrained ideas with regard to pulling out the car.
Glad everything is sorted out soon. We learnt something new here. Its better for the NRIs to get a PAN number before purchasing a car. Do post the pictures of the car . Happy trouble-free ownership.
Old 3rd November 2014, 07:08   #24
BHPian

Quick update for y'all:

Car is in! Delivery went super smooth, and I've attached just a couple of pictures, as promised.

More pictures and full experience will be posted in the ownership section after a month or so! ;-)

Here's the car, still being waxed:

No PAN card, new car stuck at dealership! EDIT: Car delivered-img20141102wa0009.jpeg

And another side shot, again, still in the process of being waxed:

No PAN card, new car stuck at dealership! EDIT: Car delivered-img20141102wa0011.jpeg

And finally, she's ready to head off over the Sealink and back home!

No PAN card, new car stuck at dealership! EDIT: Car delivered-img20141102wa0013.jpeg
Stiggy is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2014, 08:06   #25
BHPian

The car looks stunning. Take good care of her. Glad everything got sorted out and you got your PAN early. And everybody gains from your experience.
johy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2014, 08:45   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by johy View Post
The car looks stunning. Take good care of her. Glad everything got sorted out and you got your PAN early. And everybody gains from your experience.
Thanks bud! Will do, trust me, she's gonna be pampered.
Old 3rd November 2014, 09:04   #27
Senior - BHPian

From the pictures, it seems that you were finally able to drive on temp plates. Is that the case?
Old 3rd November 2014, 11:21   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetfreakBombay View Post
From the pictures, it seems that you were finally able to drive on temp plates. Is that the case?
Don't think so. What you see in the 3rd picture is a Trade Certificate, looks like it is a sticker put on the front bumper. The actual number plate should be affixed with screw/bolt on top of it, and I think the pics were taken when the number plates were not yet fitted.
Old 3rd November 2014, 12:49   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloAlpha View Post
Don't think so. What you see in the 3rd picture is a Trade Certificate, looks like it is a sticker put on the front bumper. The actual number plate should be affixed with screw/bolt on top of it, and I think the pics were taken when the number plates were not yet fitted.
*DING DING DING DINGGGGGGGGG*

We have a winner!

Yes, pictures were taken before the actual plates were put on.
Old 3rd November 2014, 14:51   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Dealer would not want you to use TR. Dealers usually over-charge by 10 - 20k for doing registration on your behalf. They will lose that if you get is done by paying 5k to RTO agent (registration + extension of TR).

Make sure other papers are in order

1. Insurance cover note
2. Tax receipt
3. Octroi receipt

I chose this route for my car too (Dealer was charging 8k for registration, I got it done for 1500).

This thread has more details on driving with TR:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...istration.html
This seems to be news. Temporary registration should not cost more than 1.5K. I did that for my Pajero Sport in Bangalore, and drove on it for a month. Total cost to me was Rs 1,500; charged by the dealer. And there was no difference to warranty, insurance, etc - all have been valid completely.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks