Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st August 2017, 00:10   #136
BHPian

Re: 2014 Lineup: The Best Enthusiast Cars in India

[quote=Pedaltothefloor;4255025]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRK72 View Post

Why not? It's faster I presume. It's built better (stronger). DSG is probably better that the Fiesta tranny. I want to know more as I am seriously considering it as my next buy.
Yes, the Vento TSI is faster and better built, but the Fiesta S has superior handling and superb steering. Moreover I prefer a manual.
SRK72 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th September 2017, 16:56   #137
BHPian

How about starting a new thread: 2017 Lineup: The Best Enthusiast Cars in India?

There have been quite a few new launches. It would be interesting to go through the refreshed list.
vagabond128 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th September 2017, 20:35   #138
Senior - BHPian

2014 Lineup: The Best Enthusiast Cars in India

Under 15 lakhs, the Polo TSi has to be the most involving car I have ever driven! Sorry, just felt that the Fords were always over rated a bit. You know, when all journos and everyone keep going ga ga over fords and when I really drove one, I just didn't feel the reason for the hype. Sure, handling is very good, but the Polo TSi is in a different league.
Old 12th September 2017, 22:32   #139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
Under 15 lakhs, the Polo TSi has to be the most involving car I have ever driven! Sorry, just felt that the Fords were always over rated a bit. You know, when all journos and everyone keep going ga ga over fords and when I really drove one, I just didn't feel the reason for the hype. Sure, handling is very good, but the Polo TSi is in a different league.
You know nothing motorworks!
Jokes aside, TSi's handling is poor to be honest. It has got soft suspension and a steering with no feedback. My old 1st gen Swift had much better handling than the Polo.

[quote=SRK72;4255028]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedaltothefloor View Post

Yes, the Vento TSI is faster and better built, but the Fiesta S has superior handling and superb steering. Moreover I prefer a manual.

Dude, you can only replace a Fiesta S with s BMW 3 series petrol. Nothing cheaper can replace a Fiesta in terms of handling prowess. I have heard good things about the Jeep Compass's precise steering and not-like-an-SUV suspension that is surprisingly good in the corners. But then even that is not under 15.
I would suggest you to get a pre-worshiped new Fiesta diesel and get it remapped. If you can be open for used cars.
itsashishsharma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2017, 22:44   #140
BHPian

Own a petrol Fiesta 1.6SXI currently. Have registered the Compass. Delivery in a few days. Am so happy with the Fiesta's prowess that selling it will cause a hole in my heart.

Keeping both is not an option right now.
RedRaider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2017, 07:21   #141
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsashishsharma View Post
You know nothing motorworks!
Jokes aside, TSi's handling is poor to be honest. It has got soft suspension and a steering with no feedback. My old 1st gen Swift had much better handling than the Polo.

Well, to each his own! I stand by what I said, the fiesta classic was always overrated. I haven't driven the S version, so cannot comment about it.
And please don't get the swift to the conversation. And the first gen had the worst brakes ever, I had a 1st gen Dzire myself and my 4 years of ownership was nothing but scary moments all thru. And what's good handling without sharp brakes, eh?
Old 16th September 2017, 18:17   #142
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
Well, to each his own! I stand by what I said, the fiesta classic was always overrated. I haven't driven the S version, so cannot comment about it.
And please don't get the swift to the conversation. And the first gen had the worst brakes ever, I had a 1st gen Dzire myself and my 4 years of ownership was nothing but scary moments all thru. And what's good handling without sharp brakes, eh?

Where did brakes come in picture?

Well, brakes on the Swift L and V versions were just horrible. And yes, without good brakes, you don't really get the confifidence to test vehicle's true potential, but it was hell of a fun to drive nonetheless. The stiff chassis, that revv loving 1.2 k series and the steering with good amount of feedback were just lovely.
Old 16th September 2017, 23:22   #143
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsashishsharma View Post
Where did brakes come in picture?

Well, brakes on the Swift L and V versions were just horrible. And yes, without good brakes, you don't really get the confifidence to test vehicle's true potential, but it was hell of a fun to drive nonetheless. The stiff chassis, that revv loving 1.2 k series and the steering with good amount of feedback were just lovely.
I fully concur with your views. The Polo and Vento TSi have a soft suspension and a lifeless steering. The rear passengers bounce a lot on undulations on the highways, though not as much as a Huundai. I drove my cousin's Vento (though it was a 1.6 diesel) on the highway, and was disappointed with it, as I'd read a lot of people praising it to glory.

But they do have better zero to one hundred timings. However, what is the use of all that power without sufficient handling? There is a thread on this forum which compares the Vento with the Fiesta, and the thread starter was gaga over the Fiesta. Don't remember the thread title though.
vnabhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2017, 10:18   #144
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vagabond128 View Post
How about starting a new thread: 2017 Lineup: The Best Enthusiast Cars in India?

There have been quite a few new launches. It would be interesting to go through the refreshed list.
For 2017, shouldn't the Punto Abarth be first on the list!
octane_100 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2017, 12:03   #145
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by octane_100 View Post
For 2017, shouldn't the Punto Abarth be first on the list!
Actually it would be a very tough fight this year. The competition has never been better in terms of cars across segments that are involving to drive!

Octavia vRS
Abarth Punto
Baleno RS
GT TSi
Linea TJet 125S
Figo Sports (TDCi)

Jeep Compass
Isuzu VCross

However, sad to see few names missing from 2014 - specially the premium sedans like Cruze, Jetta, (global) Fiesta etc.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th September 2017, 12:45   #146
BHPian

Why don't we start a poll thread with list of all probables? It would be interesting see who all make it to the top 10 or top 15. Relative ranking would also be interesting
Old 17th September 2017, 14:46   #147
BANNED

For a practical "warm" hatch, I'd give it to the Figo Diesel. You can get a decently specced Trend variant for as low as 6.5 ex showroom. It's a great all around product with even a decent mod potential with remaps etc.
agambhandari is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2017, 19:08   #148
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Actually it would be a very tough fight this year. The competition has never been better in terms of cars across segments that are involving to drive!

Octavia vRS
Abarth Punto
Baleno RS
GT TSi
Linea TJet 125S
Figo Sports (TDCi)

Jeep Compass
Isuzu VCross

However, sad to see few names missing from 2014 - specially the premium sedans like Cruze, Jetta, (global) Fiesta etc.
How about adding the BMW 3 series and Jaguar XE to the list? I own the 2017 MY 3 and the superb steering, perfectly mated engine- gearbox combo and the brilliant 50-50 weight distributed chassis would be reasons to vote for the 3 series.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks