Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th December 2015, 12:51   #181
BHPian

re: The Maruti Vitara Brezza Compact SUV

Now this is impressive!! Looks like it will be very similar to the Vitara which looks amazing. IMO after all that camo is removed this will be even more muscular with those lines on the bonnet. Meaty tyres too and guess the top version will have bigger ones. And finally good alloys from Maruti Suzuki
Just hope they give the dual color options too

Last edited by Whichcarnow : 11th December 2015 at 12:56.
Old 11th December 2015, 12:56   #182
Distinguished - BHPian

Interiors( rear seats) of the Vitara Brezza, Exterior design has design elements from the New Vitara, a few changes made to the front bumper.

Expect in dual tone color (exteriors) and interior elements from S Cross.

The Maruti Vitara Brezza Compact SUV-new.png

Last edited by volkman10 : 11th December 2015 at 12:58.
volkman10 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 11th December 2015, 12:59   #183
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchumiFan View Post
Alloys looks nice but somehow the car looks like a Swift with added height. I don't see a big GC here.
Looks distinctly Swift like from the front door backwards, particularly the C pillar. Can't see the A pillar, but I expect it to look similar too.

Is it just me or are others too getting tired of Maruti re-using the same door pad and centre console design in every car? Become quite boring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbaddy View Post
+1 to that. For me, it looks like they have not used the full 4m as well. Also looks to be undertyred. Are they 15 inchers? Probably top variant might have 16 inchers.
Look a bit small true, though I like the colour of the alloys. They do look decently wide, 215s?

Last edited by VeluM : 11th December 2015 at 13:05.
Old 11th December 2015, 13:04   #184
BHPian

[quote=volkman10;3867776]Interiors( rear seats) of the Vitara Brezza, Exterior design has design elements from the New Vitara, a few changes made to the front bumper.

Expect in dual tone color (exteriors) and interior elements from S Cross.

Hi Volkman

Could you foresee a cruise control in the car? I have delayed my car buying decision for over six months now in the hope of getting the feature. It is there in the SCross but I am looking for a better looking car. My eyes are on the International Vitara but the news around (floated by you et. al.) in is that -

a) It will be out in not less than a year
b) It will be an over 15L car (My budget is around 13L)

But the Brezza is expected in just a tad over the Baleno price range so I have my doubts about the premium feature of Cruise Control being present in it (I require the feature as I travel once a week on stretches where it is not required to apply breaks for as long as 60 kms on a trot!)
Old 11th December 2015, 13:07   #185
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeluM View Post
Looks distinctly Swift like from the front door backwards, particularly the C pillar.
The C pillar should change as the international Vitara has rear quarter glass which this should have too. Just have a look at the international Vitara pic in the previous page.
Whichcarnow is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2015, 13:12   #186
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchumiFan View Post
Alloys looks nice but somehow the car looks like a Swift with added height. I don't see a big GC here.

Right now, looks nothing more than a hatch. Considering that the Japs were pioneers in tall boy design, I feel they could have added a bit of height to their latest offerings. All seem a little diminutive compared to the competition.
I will have to disagree on that , to me it looks nowhere like the bulbous swift , as far as GC is concerned extremely tall boyish designs(tuv300 , quanto) can result into 180 mm of gc whereas something as low as a ecosport or a duster can have 200+mm of GC , regarding tyres most cars in this segment ride on 15 inch rims and it looks fine to me for this one. Too early to call it a hatch , or a swift. Priced right unlike the s-cross this car can do really well in terms of sales figures.
gixxerboy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2015, 13:36   #187
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by multiloop View Post
Could you foresee a cruise control in the car? I have delayed my car buying decision for over six months now in the hope of getting the feature. It is there in the SCross but I am looking for a better looking car. My eyes are on the International Vitara but the news around (floated by you et. al.) in is that -
a) It will be out in not less than a year
b) It will be an over 15L car (My budget is around 13L)
But the Brezza is expected in just a tad over the Baleno price range so I have my doubts about the premium feature of Cruise Control being present in it (I require the feature as I travel once a week on stretches where it is not required to apply breaks for as long as 60 kms on a trot!)
We can only speculate ( Vitara Brezza) and I see no reason for not having the cruise control in the top end which could be a shade below 10 Lakhs. Launch in March 2016.

The New Vitara ( International) is speculated to launch in late 2016/ 2017 and will be way out of your budget specified.
Old 11th December 2015, 13:45   #188
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whichcarnow View Post
The C pillar should change as the international Vitara has rear quarter glass which this should have too. Just have a look at the international Vitara pic in the previous page.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxerboy View Post
I will have to disagree on that
Thanks, yes. A closer look at the pics shows that they've camouflaged the rear quarter glass and that kink above the rear wheel arch.

It does look quite bland, and from the UK reviews it is priced similar to the S-Cross there. The reviews do say that the interiors are quite low-rent in quality if not design and fit. If priced a lakh and a half below the S Cross especially for the 1.6 diesel, I am sure this will be a super-hot best seller.
VeluM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2015, 13:51   #189
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
It does look quite bland, and from the UK reviews it is priced similar to the S-Cross there. The reviews do say that the interiors are quite low-rent in quality if not design and fit. If priced a lakh and a half below the S Cross especially for the 1.6 diesel, I am sure this will be a super-hot best seller.
Yes could be the pricing what you stated minus the 1.6 , instead with the 1.3 DDiS. But Maruti could surprise us with a 1.5 diesel mill.

There is no international model as is from Suzuki to compare to as this is a sub 4m Compact SUV. Exterior Design cues from the international Vitara is what could be expected.

Last edited by volkman10 : 11th December 2015 at 14:01.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2015, 14:00   #190
BHPian

Quote:

It does look quite bland
How does it look bland!! Did you not see the International Vitara pic in the previous page
Old 11th December 2015, 14:19   #191
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whichcarnow View Post
How does it look bland!! Did you not see the International Vitara pic in the previous page
I did, yes Honestly, to me apart from the dual-paint scheme and the blue halo around the projectors (neither of which will likely make it to our version) nothing really stands out as character in the Vitara. This might be different because of the snub nose and possibly different rear, but it is not going to win any awards. That's an opinion, but there will be others.

Practicality is what they should emphasise, if the boot and rear passenger space remains the same. If this is going to be sub-4 metres, then it will either be super light, or super slow due to the engine capacity restrictions. Anyone know if Maruti plans to introduce a turbo-petrol?
VeluM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2015, 14:27   #192
BHPian

Yes really hoping for the turbo petrol. High time that Suzuki brings their latest technology to their bread and butter market. Its chief competitor Ecosport has a turbo petrol too. One thing which they should do but they won't is bringing their international safety kit here( 7 airbags etc). The Fords have it at very competitive prices. Don't know what is stopping them.
Whichcarnow is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2015, 18:06   #193
BHPian

Call me nuts .. but doesn't the YBA look like this?

Karthik_S is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th December 2015, 19:13   #194
Senior - BHPian

This looks quite good. I really liked the car, looks quite cutie. I found some similarity with Creta as well, specifically the stance of the vehicle is very similar. I am sure in reality it will look much better. Don't go by these pictures, they are not of the complete final product. Complete actual production product will look much better i am sure. With this car, Maruti will go for kill for sure. Others need to be very careful now, each of the new product is quite good from them now
Old 11th December 2015, 21:09   #195
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthik_S View Post
Call me nuts .. but doesn't the YBA look like this?

Yes, even for my eyes it looks similar to Skoda Fabia. The rear don't give a feel of SUV.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks