Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th January 2016, 16:14   #376

Re: The Maruti Vitara Brezza Compact SUV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolman View Post
Thoughts on how the Vitara Brezza could turn out be:
I guess vitara brezza is going to be launched with the same diesel engine specs as baleno going by this article below:

http://auto.ndtv.com/news/maruti-suz...engine-1270614
achu411 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2016, 16:36   #377
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by achu411 View Post
I guess vitara brezza is going to be launched with the same diesel engine specs as baleno going by this article below:

http://auto.ndtv.com/news/maruti-suz...engine-1270614
I sincerely hope that the quoted report is wrong. When it's going to compete with Eco Sport etc, they have to launch it with the 90bhp version.
avdhesh15 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th January 2016, 16:57   #378
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
So have you ruled out the DDiS SVHS variant?
Ah! thanks for highlighting... I haven't ruled that one out! It did cross my mind briefly, but I kept it out in the end, to keep the post from growing further!
Old 28th January 2016, 17:47   #379
BANNED

Source: http://overdrive.in/news/exclusive-m...ants-revealed/

"
There will be six trims of the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza- LDi, LDi (O), VDi, VDi (O), ZDi and ZDi+. The details of each variant are listed below:
Maruti Vitara Brezza LDi

The base trim or LDi as we know it will have twin pod headlamps with the turn indicators on the bumper. It will have 15-inch steel wheels. There will also be a SUV body kit which we believe is Maruti speak for side cladding. Front power windows, a parcel tray, manual AC, tilt steering, manual day/night IRVM, speed sensitive door locks, Bluetooth-enabled music system and driver foot rest will be offered. Driver airbag will be standard across the range.
Maruti Vitara Brezza LDi (O)

This trim adds all the features from the LDi but also brings in a front seat belt pretensioner, passenger airbag and ABS with EBD.
Maruti Vitara Brezza VDi

Blacked out floating A-B-C pillars, front-rear black skid plates, black roof rails, full wheel cover and body coloured door handles are the features which distinguish the VDi from the LDi. Maruti is also offering keyless entry, gear shift indicator, rear power windows, driver side seat back hook which can carry loads up to 3kg, seat back pockets, passenger vanity mirror, rear seat head rests, fabric insert on door and fabric roof lining. Additionally an electromagnetic tail gate and security alarm are also available.

Maruti Vitara Brezza VDi (O)

The O trim is usually the safety options pack that Maruti now offers with almost its entire range of cars in India. This one brings in the same safety features like the LDi (O)- passenger airbag and ABS with EBD.
Maruti Vitara Brezza ZDi

Bigger 215/60 R16 tyres on alloy wheels, projector headlamps with LED DRLs, front fog lamps, chrome front grille, gunmetal grey roof rails, front and rear silver skid plates. Inside, there is auto AC, a piano black centre console with side louver rings, 60:40 split rear seats, driver-side seat height adjuster, steering wheel with audio controls, rear window washer and wiper, mood light in speedometer, sun glass holder in over head console, chrome inside door handle, higher grade fabric seats, vanity mirror lamp and boot accessory socket as well as lamp. On the safety front, dual front airbags and ABS with EBD are available.
Maruti Vitara Brezza ZDi+

Auto headlamps, rain sensing auto wipers, electric folding ORVMs, turn indicators on ORVMs, keyless entry and push button start, reverse parking camera, Smartplay infotainement w/ CarPlay, inbuilt navigation w/ Mapcare (which updates your map data with every service), cooled upper glovebox, cruise control with a switch on the steering wheel, sliding front armrest with storage and front seat belt height adjuster. The ZDi+ also gets dual tone paint option."
romeomidhun is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 28th January 2016, 18:01   #380
BHPian

The key here for Maruti would be to not get greedy while pricing brezza, although Hyundai got away with it, aggressive pricing would definitely turn tables in favor of Maruti.
Old 28th January 2016, 18:13   #381
BHPian

Another thing which i have noticed with Celerio is that when it comes to Optional Variant in L & V than they are available only on paper and never actually delivered by dealer.

I just hope people opt for these optional variant with safety feature and try not to save few thousands. What would be awesome is Maruti make ABS + Airbags standard and remove these so called optional variants from L & V which will make people force purchase car with safety.

On side note how accurate these feature lists are? Are they really leaked or magazines make these features up based on their knowledge to attract more visitors on their sites.
Old 28th January 2016, 19:32   #382
Distinguished - BHPian

Overdrive has got hold of the variants and features. There will be six trims of the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza - LDi, LDi (O), VDi, VDi (O), ZDi and ZDi+. Confirmed that no Petrol Variant.

The Maruti Vitara Brezza Compact SUV-marutivitarabrezzavariants.jpg

The (O) variants adds passenger airbags and ABS. Driver Airbag is standard across the range. An indication that this is going to be very competitively priced, considering the Baleno gets Airbags and ABS as standard.
  • Notable features of the LDI include and audio system with Bluetooth, front power windows and electric mirrors
  • VDI gets: Blacked out pillars, rear power windows, keyless entry, electromagnetic tail gate and security alarm.
  • ZDI gets projectors, DRL's, bigger tyres with alloys, steering mounted controls, height adjustable driver seat, 60:40 split seats
  • ZDI+ gets push button start, auto headlamps and wipers, smart play infotainment system, cruise control and dual paint option.
  • Overall the feature spread looks similar to the Ertiga with some additions and a very aggressive starting price looks likely.

Source: Overdrive

Last edited by Rajeevraj : 28th January 2016 at 19:58.
Rajeevraj is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th January 2016, 19:39   #383
BHPian

On NDTV Autos, they are estimating a price of 5 - 8 Lakhs (ex-showroom), how accurate could this information be dear members? I'm curious and excited because if it launches at 5 - 8 Lakhs, I could kiss my Renault KWID booking goodbye (booking in September 25, 2015 but as still not received as of today, January 28, 2016) and go for the Maruti instead, even the base trim would do

Last edited by wadewilson : 28th January 2016 at 19:39. Reason: Wrong Date entered
Old 28th January 2016, 20:06   #384
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karansm4u View Post
I just hope people opt for these optional variant with safety feature and try not to save few thousands. What would be awesome is Maruti make ABS + Airbags standard and remove these so called optional variants from L & V which will make people force purchase car with safety.
Sadly people in India still prefer to buy a car without airbags. Now with people of such attitude, it would very easy to go to a competitor which offers a similar car cheaper because of no airbags.
End Result: MSIL looses the sale.
I say that MSIL is making a smart move by keeping this option for those who want it only.
Old 28th January 2016, 20:20   #385
BHPian

Rs. 5-8 lakhs is just surprisingly low for Vitara Breeza, and that too for the diesel variant. If these are the prices for the diesel variant, the petrol variants will start at Rs. 4 lakhs. That's bang in the middle of Celerio and i10 and it'll even undercut Maruti's own Swift and other hatchbacks.

It's so difficult to believe the pricing. Are we missing something here!
Old 28th January 2016, 20:28   #386
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathucider View Post
Sadly people in India still prefer to buy a car without airbags. Now with people of such attitude, it would very easy to go to a competitor which offers a similar car cheaper because of no airbags.
End Result: MSIL looses the sale.
I say that MSIL is making a smart move by keeping this option for those who want it only.
That is indeed an unfortunate reality of our country.

Add to it Sales guys regularly telling you that our roads don't require Airbags and ABS. Remember a Hyundai salesman asking a friend of mine who was looking at a Grand i10 Asta (O) what speed he would drive in the city and highways (he responded 60 Km/h in the city and 120km/h on the highway) and then saying "Saar, you don't need ABS and Airbags for those speeds, that is just for high end cars which can go above 200km/h".

I was also there at this time, both of us "educated" him and my friend went to another showroom and got his Grand i10 Asta (O).
Old 28th January 2016, 20:35   #387
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadewilson View Post
On NDTV Autos, they are estimating a price of 5 - 8 Lakhs (ex-showroom), how accurate could this information be dear members? I'm curious and excited because if it launches at 5 - 8 Lakhs, I could kiss my Renault KWID booking goodbye (booking in September 25, 2015 but as still not received as of today, January 28, 2016) and go for the Maruti instead, even the base trim would do
Irrespective of the 75bhp or the 90bhp variant, in my opinion the price range of 5-8 is way too optimistic.
Consider this: The Baleno diesel starts at 6.3 and the Ertiga diesel starts at 7.6. This car should slot somewhere in between. My guess would be a starting price of around 6.5 if its the 75bhp version and a little more for the 90bhp.
farooq817 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2016, 21:12   #388
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Overdrive has got hold of the variants and features. There will be six trims of the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza - LDi, LDi (O), VDi, VDi (O), ZDi and ZDi+. Confirmed that no Petrol Variant.
  • Notable features of the LDI include and audio system with Bluetooth, front power windows and electric mirrors
  • VDI gets: Blacked out pillars, rear power windows, keyless entry, electromagnetic tail gate and security alarm.
  • ZDI gets projectors, DRL's, bigger tyres with alloys, steering mounted controls, height adjustable driver seat, 60:40 split seats
  • ZDI+ gets push button start, auto headlamps and wipers, smart play infotainment system, cruise control and dual paint option.
  • Overall the feature spread looks similar to the Ertiga with some additions and a very aggressive starting price looks likely.

Source: Overdrive
The feature list is quite impressive with ZDi+ almost fulfilling all the wish-list items that a sub-4m SUV buyer would expect. With a competitive price tag MS can rule the compact SUV market. My guess is 6.5 lakhs to 9.8 lakhs Ex-Showroom. This will also pull the buyers shopping with 10 lakh budget. Of course the on-road price will cross 10 lakhs for top end trim but the sub-10L ex-sh tag might be enough to entice buyers especially with the ASS of MS.
thatsdileep is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2016, 21:35   #389
Senior - BHPian

I am on the look out of a Diesel car with a strict budget of 10Lakhs. Had zeroed in on the Figo and the I20 Asta (O) Diesel. Will wait for the Breeza to release.
Old 28th January 2016, 21:40   #390
Senior - BHPian

All variants are just superbly spec'ed. The LDI is way more feature-rich than the Nexa Sigmas. Maruti is on a roll. If priced within 50k more than the Baleno; it will steal good sales from the Baleno.

As we keep hearing on the forum "God bless competition"; Maruti is ensuring that people do not even try to confuse themselves outside of Maruti world. Within the Maruti world itself, they have provided so many options.

Maruti is constantly making smaller brands likes Chevy, Nissan, Skoda irrelevant and scaring with muscle power bigger ones likes Honda, Toyota, Ford in the sub 4 meter segment.

Hyundai is the only one with resources that can fight Maruti looking at current scenario in the Indian market.

Last edited by dipen : 28th January 2016 at 21:48.
dipen is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks