Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th January 2016, 11:19   #406
BHPian

Re: The Maruti Vitara Brezza Compact SUV

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Maruti seems to be doing a Hyundai nowadays. The spec sheet reveals a vehicle loaded to the hilt. The only glaring omission is a petrol motor.

Guess, the 1.2 is a little too small for the CUV. And using the 1.4 from Ertiga will take it out of the small car tax bracket.

With the pace at which Maruti is turning these days, I wouldn't be too surprised to see the Boosterjet on the Brezza soon.
I guess skipping petrol will help retaining the Baleno petrol customers. A 1.4 petrol which costs not more than a lakh from Baleno will have many people switching to Brezza given the waiting period. Now with diesel potential switchers could be only diesel buyers.
Old 29th January 2016, 11:38   #407
BHPian

Here is the Vitara Brezza...looks stunning...!!!
The Maruti Vitara Brezza Compact SUV-brezza_car1.jpg
The Maruti Vitara Brezza Compact SUV-brezza_car2.jpg
The Maruti Vitara Brezza Compact SUV-brezza_car3.jpg
thatsdileep is offline   (80) Thanks
Old 29th January 2016, 11:49   #408
BHPian

That's quite a looker. Especially in red with black roof and blue with white roof.

The problems for Ford, Volkswagen and others just multiplied. If priced correctly, Maruti is not wrong in expecting that 10,000 units will be sold per month.

Amazing. I just hope they don't spoil the party by offering the 75bhp engine. This beauty deserves a 90bhp engine and I so hope it has it.

Maruti should launch this in petrol version too, and that too ASAP. For people like me owning a diesel doesn't makes sense because the daily running doesn't justifies having a diesel car.

I remember GTO's comment on Maruti on the annual car sales and analysis thread - "Maruti is the 3rd oldest car manufacturer in India. But make no mistake, it's fitter, faster & fiercer than the younger group. In its relentless pursuit of market share.". This holds so true here.
Amit_breakfree is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 29th January 2016, 11:59   #409
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
IMO, only fly in the ointment with these sub-4m so called SUVs is the the lack of street presence. What say ?

Last edited by CarMaster : 29th January 2016 at 12:24.
Old 29th January 2016, 12:08   #410
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amit_breakfree View Post
That's quite a looker. Especially in red with black roof and blue with white roof.
Looks hot in RED/BLACK Combo.
Quote:
If priced correctly, Maruti is not wrong in expecting that 10,000 units will be sold per month.
Agree 100%. Even with Baleno which had a Swift'ish looks (not that it bad but just didn't had a differentiating freshness about it...IMO though), MS clocked 10k+ units last month. Now with such a handsome butch looking SUV (first sub-4m SUV from MS targeted large array of buyers) I cant see any reason for it not to exceed 10k units a month, provided the pricing is competitive. Hope MS doesn't go the S-Cross route in pricing.
Quote:
Amazing. I just hope they don't spoil the party by offering the 75bhp engine. This beauty deserves a 90bhp engine and I so hope it has it.
+1. Sincerely wish its a 90bhp mill.
Quote:
Maruti should launch this in petrol version too, and that too ASAP.
I believe Petrol and Automatic versions will be released in next couple of years to come as facelift versions.
Old 29th January 2016, 13:02   #411
BHPian

Looks good in pictures. However, I suspect the looks at the rear - how the forward sloping rear would look on this car.

So now we have a Bigger Swift (Baleno) and a Butch Swift (Vitara Brezza)

Last edited by dheepak10 : 29th January 2016 at 13:09.
dheepak10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th January 2016, 13:19   #412
Senior - BHPian

Dual colour teatment of c pillar spoils the look, they could have gone for complete black.
Logo-front grill integration and design also looks bit odd. Otherwise it is a good looking car.

Kudos to Maruti team!
Latheesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th January 2016, 13:31   #413

Maruti is on a roll, This one is a better looking Car from Maruti. Nice Grille Design. Dual Colour is Pajero inspired. But introducing 1.6L DDIS 320 would make the deal more Sweet.
Old 29th January 2016, 13:32   #414
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Dual colour teatment of c pillar spoils the look, they could have gone for complete black.
I agree with you. I guess they are promoting the business for body shops/car accessory shops where the customer might get it done anyway.
Old 29th January 2016, 13:34   #415
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsdileep View Post
Here is the Vitara Brezza...looks stunning...!!!
Are these official images released by Maruti?

For me particularly the red one looks under tyred. Considering they'll do such image releases of the top end model (16" inchers), not good. Probably the angle of the photo might be causing the impression.

Will wait for next week's launch/reveal and of course Team BHP review.

Mods, any indication of scheduled media drives?
Old 29th January 2016, 13:41   #416
tez
BHPian

Read somewhere that Brezza will be launched only in Diesel
Old 29th January 2016, 13:51   #417
Senior - BHPian

Going through the spec sheet and the pictures, in the earlier threads, this thing has the potential to sell in numbers that can very well push Maruti's marketshare in the indian passenger car market to nearabouts 55% levels, from the current 50 - odd - percentage.
Dial in the added reach of the "traditional" Maruti network through which this vehicle possibly will be retailed.

Which brings a thought: Will the NEXA outlets, whose owners have invested such huge sums of money and that too in plum localities in Indian cities, get no share of this pie?

Also, i foresee pretty tough times for Tata's Sub 4m SUV, the NEXON/Osprey. If Maruti hits the ground first, and looks like it will, the competition will have to run that extra mile to breast the tape in this "race - for - best - selling - sub4m - SUV"

And a final request to Maruti product planners: Can you please engineer an AWD version and launch at a later date please? High chances that this vehicle will be exported from India, so it can reasonably be assumed that the centre tunnel is wide enough to package in Suzuki's All-Grip AWD system.
That would pretty much seal the deal.

Last edited by arjab : 29th January 2016 at 13:55. Reason: added a few lines
Old 29th January 2016, 13:59   #418
Distinguished - BHPian

The training schedule for YBA has arrived at local workshop and is slated for last 8 days of February. As per my contact there, deliveries should start by March which I feel might not be correct. I think deliveries will start by April. Anyway, I think I'll speak to few people, (my Dad and Brother) and then plan to book it with my preconditions.

The pics look cool, my choice would be Blue+White combo.
Old 29th January 2016, 14:01   #419
BHPian

Wow - really looks good - i will go on to say this should be the best looking car from Maruti in recent times. Regarding ownership costs and reliability they are masters and from the recent S-Cross pricing experiment - they should have learned their lessons well - so we can expect the pricing to be bang on. Another block buster chart buster on the cards. So who are going to be the victims of Breeza ( Other manufacturers will be really developing some shivers down their spine now) - i am having a feeling that this can dent sales not just in its own segments but pull customers from other segments too.
Old 29th January 2016, 14:02   #420
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarMaster View Post
IMO, only fly in the ointment with these sub-4m so called SUVs is the the lack of street presence. What say ?
Fully agree here. Have seen this car in person, both camouflaged and without. The sub 4 meter dimensions really spoil the party here!

But again, it has Maruti backing and lets keep our fingers crossed on pricing.

Last edited by revved_up : 29th January 2016 at 14:24.
revved_up is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks