Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th January 2016, 17:52   #481
BHPian

Re: The Maruti Vitara Brezza Compact SUV

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsdileep View Post
This really got me cracking up. Seems like they made up this article by taking the pics from this very same thread (notice the team bhp tag on the left bottom corner of the pic) but probably didn't find the time to go through the details on this thread that the Brezza wasn't officially launched yet. Worst part is the journalist doesn't even know that the Auto expo hasn't started. Not worth calling him/herself as an auto journalist.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyDriver View Post
I was shocked to read that the Vitara Brezza has already launched at the Auto Expo, which is, err, a few days from now.
Some auto journalists may have the power to travel in the future, but they still won't get their facts right
It seems like a pre-written article which got published by mistake. Newspapers have this practice of preparing a template before an expected event so that they can save time, since they only have to update a few details after the actual event. Accidental publishing can result in embarassing situations though. There have been cases of premature obituaries too : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...N.com_incident

As for the pics, I don't really know what to make of them, as they look more like CGI images. Will have to see the actual pics to get a better idea.

Last edited by ampere : 30th January 2016 at 23:28. Reason: Formatted quoted content
JonSnow is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 30th January 2016, 17:53   #482
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarMaster View Post
Congrats Mr. Dileep on unofficially unveiling the new Brezza All automobile forums have mentioned your team bhp handle for quoting the source.
Since the Zdi+ comes with 215/60 R16, do you think there is any remote possibility of Maruti offering DDIS 320? Otherwise I feel this tyre size will be a overkill for DDIS 200. Wishful thinking
Yep these pics seem to be floating all over the web now. Glad I was able to share with enthusiasts here.

Yes it is wishful thinking indeed to anticipate a DDIS 320 mill in Brezza. There are even a few speculations that it might be 75 bhp tune instead of 90bhp. But I believe this would be DDIS 200 with 90 bhp and I don't think R16s would be a overkill...in fact it would be similar to the previous version of Ecosport which had 89 bhp with 204 Nm. Of course it was a bigger 1.5 L engine, but with modern day technology these days manufacturers are able to achieve similar if not better performance with smaller yet powerful engines (example is booster jet, ecoboost, etc). This DDIS200 is a trusted and proven mill which has been powering up even a bigger size vehicle like Ertiga than Brezza. While it may not be a adrenaline booster but it should be potent enough to do the duties on Brezza without a sweat along with great fuel economy which is what general public expect from MS anyway ("kitna deti hai")
Old 30th January 2016, 19:13   #483
Distinguished - BHPian

The Maruti Vitara Brezza Compact SUV

Quote:
Here is the Vitara Brezza...looks stunning...!!!
Attachment 1466448

Doesn't this look at lot like the Skoda Fabia?

The Maruti Vitara Brezza Compact SUV-imageuploadedbyteambhp1454161414.481233.jpg

Last edited by Hayek : 30th January 2016 at 19:19.
Hayek is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2016, 19:39   #484
Distinguished - BHPian

Name:  vb1.PNG
Views: 10809
Size:  638.2 KB

Dealers continue to update their websites and adds Vitara Brezza and takes enquirers and details.

- All dealers have been give some key info on the VB given to them by MS, to them as of now.
- They confirm the Diesel at at launch - DDiS200 in the 90 hp configuration.
- Petrol will be offered at a later date ( 1.4 / 1.5 L , not confirmed)
- Possibility of AT in petrol Guise at a later date.
- Booking speculated to start on 4th Feb
- Dealer training in last week of Feb, followed by Media drive
- After the Global unveiling of Vitara Brezza, launch will happen in mid March.

Considering the Global Vitara ( Kerb Weight ~ 1230 kg,) Vitara Brezza could be at ~ 1000 kg and being lighter than S Cross, power ( Power/Weight ratio) seems sufficient on paper.

The Maruti Vitara Brezza Compact SUV-capture.png

Last edited by volkman10 : 30th January 2016 at 19:48.
volkman10 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 30th January 2016, 21:18   #485
BANNED

There is a clear reason why scross 1.3 prices are also reduced - that it cannot stand in India to a well priced brezza 1.3 diesel (read 6.5L for base diesel). Though brezza and scross will be miles apart in terms of comfort, scross may not be able to stand to the 'stylish' brezza. India stand with stylish cars.

Brezza blends the swift's style with an suv design. Not sure how it will look like in real world, but guess it will be miles ahead of scross' uninspiring design. But scross is a car of its own class. Not even creta can beat it.
romeomidhun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2016, 22:19   #486
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Considering the Global Vitara ( Kerb Weight ~ 1230 kg,) Vitara Brezza could be at ~ 1000 kg and being lighter than S Cross, power ( Power/Weight ratio) seems sufficient on paper.
The 2013-2015 model of Ford Ecosport had 89 bhp with 1289 kg herb weight and if Brezza is 1000kg with 90 bhp it could be better and peppier than ecosport (pre-facelift version).
thatsdileep is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2016, 00:56   #487
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
There is a clear reason why scross 1.3 prices are also reduced - that it cannot stand in India to a well priced brezza 1.3 diesel (read 6.5L for base diesel). Though brezza and scross will be miles apart in terms of comfort, scross may not be able to stand to the 'stylish' brezza. India stand with stylish cars.

Brezza blends the swift's style with an suv design. Not sure how it will look like in real world, but guess it will be miles ahead of scross' uninspiring design. But scross is a car of its own class. Not even creta can beat it.
I was going for the SCross 1.3 Zeta. Now this launch made me wait. I wonder if Brezza will have SCross like build quality. I don't think Brezza Styling will be a thing that would cause me to choose it over SCross. Rear space I believe is best in class. Front is just about okay. I want to know what is it that SCross will end up having better than Brezza.

Last edited by ampere : 31st January 2016 at 23:36. Reason: Typos
Old 31st January 2016, 06:18   #488
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by anycatd View Post
I want to know what SCross will end up having better than Brezza.
Comfort, build quality and slightly better space, imo. And you can drive unnoticeably if you like it that way.

Brezza is believed to be in swift platform, while Scross is built in a bigger platform.
romeomidhun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2016, 08:08   #489
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
https://www.carwow.co.uk/blog/Suzuki-Vitara-vs-SX4-S-Cross-0139

This comparison might give you some insight. It is the Vitara though in that and not the sub 4 meter brezza which we will get here.

I expect S cross to be much more spacious and better built. Then of course the engines.

I have driven the S Cross. How much ever I dislike the looks of that car, it still is a great ride.

S Cross and Brezza are different segments altogether.
Old 31st January 2016, 10:26   #490
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vibbs View Post
https://www.carwow.co.uk/blog/Suzuki-Vitara-vs-SX4-S-Cross-0139

This comparison might give you some insight. It is the Vitara though in that and not the sub 4 meter brezza which we will get here.

I expect S cross to be much more spacious and better built. Then of course the engines.

I have driven the S Cross. How much ever I dislike the looks of that car, it still is a great ride.

S Cross and Brezza are different segments altogether.
The comparison is between the European Vitara and S Cross which I believe are almost the same cars with different looking exterior and dashboard.
I think sticking to S Cross will be the best decision. Build quality and ride quality is most important for me. I don't think the swift chassis will be able to keep brezza stable for its height.
anycatd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2016, 10:27   #491
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherlocked View Post
All depends on the rear looks now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Roxx View Post
Any pictures of the rear?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissionAbler View Post
Need to see how the rear is designed.
No pics of the rear have yet been revealed but hints at a design similar to the Global Vitara.

Quote:
The design has taken a lot of its inspiration from Swift and the new Vitara. The front and rear profiles subtly resemble with the new Vitara, while the prominent floating roof is reminiscent of Swift.
New Vitara

The Maruti Vitara Brezza Compact SUV-5775033suzukivitarasreview4.jpg

Vitara Brezza

The Maruti Vitara Brezza Compact SUV-1445241105_marutisuzukiybavitarabrezzaxaalphacompactsuv.jpg

http://www.bimalmaruti.com/pages/vit...za-launch.html
volkman10 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 31st January 2016, 10:33   #492
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
No pics of the rear have yet been revealed but hints at a design similar to the Global Vitara.
There seems to be lot of similarities between the new vitara and brezza. There is no doubt about the same.

So, now we have the complete picture of what Brezza is like

girish
Old 31st January 2016, 11:45   #493
BANNED

Quote:
I'm glad to share these pics with fellow BHPians. I don't think Brezza will be offered with AWD in India in near future (if not ever) as it will push the price too high and the segment of the crowd that would prefer a AWD is quite small especially from MS which is perceived as budget reliable car manufacturer among General public.
I can only hope that our buying public whets their appetite on the likes of the Ciaz SHVS, the Baleno & the S-Cross - and can then be gently persuaded to sample the Brezza AWD!
shashanka is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2016, 12:27   #494
Senior - BHPian

The Maruti Vitara Brezza Compact SUV

To me it looks like Elite i20 on stilts which in turn looks like Audi.
I think there is a slight shift after the Fluidic designs to now straight lines which make them look more European .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayek View Post
Doesn't this look at lot like the Skoda Fabia?
Old 31st January 2016, 19:40   #495
BHPian

Quote:
Its definitely not just the length that makes the S Cross 1.5 lakh (presumably) costlier than the Brezza. I think Brezza will have lower build quality and lesser cabin space. Comparison of features in similar variants may also justify the pricing.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks